Senator Rand Paul Walks Out Of Meeting With Speaker Ryan On Obamacare

Franklin Pierce

Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) walked out of an Obamacare meeting with Speaker Ryan over Medicaid expansion and the lack of progress to repeal Obamacare.

Speaker Ryan spoke with Senate Republicans Tuesday to assure everyone that an Obamacare repeal is under way. Paul stormed out of the meeting, frustrated about keeping Medicaid expansion and creating new tax credits that Paul argues would create a new “new entitlement program.”

The Freedom Caucus, along with Senator Paul, announced their support for a 2015 Obamacare repeal bill that eliminates Medicaid expansion, including the employer and individual mandate. Paul says “This legislation is the conservative solution to replacing Obamacare, and it will enable millions more to acquire affordable insurance through the free market.”

Rand Paul Walks Out on Paul Ryan, Takes Charge on Repealing Obamacare - Breitbart

Sounds like Paul Ryan won't budge on big government's redistribution of wealth. Rand is fighting on Ron's fight, for the most part (tho in a lot of ways Ron was better).

****ing sellouts

However, there are 20 GOP senators from Medicaid expansion states, and many Republicans favor block granting Medicaid to the states, while others want to keep Medicaid expansion. Medicaid expansion remains one of the most controversial topics regarding Obamacare repeal within the Republican party.

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like Paul Ryan won't budge on big government's redistribution of wealth. Rand is fighting on Ron's fight, for the most part (tho in a lot of ways Ron was better).

I've always said many more people would agree with Rand's positions if he could sell them better. He's got good ideas, but his packaging is lacking.

I've always said many more people would agree with Rand's positions if he could sell them better. He's got good ideas, but his packaging is lacking.

It's really not the packaging, in my opinion. I think the packaging is pretty good, for the most part. He didn't do his best in one of the debates, but other than that he usually impresses.

It's the ideas. He goes after sacred cows all the time and no amount of packaging is going sugarcoat that.

Reactions: 2 people

Yep. Disappointing. They've had years to figure out a transition plan and this is what Ryan comes up with. Smh.

Reactions: 3 people
It seems the GOP voted about fifty times to repeal the ACA before Trump took office. Now that they actually have a chance to get it done they are balking.

It's really not the packaging, in my opinion. I think the packaging is pretty good, for the most part. He didn't do his best in one of the debates, but other than that he usually impresses.

It's the ideas. He goes after sacred cows all the time and no amount of packaging is going sugarcoat that.

It is the packaging. You and other libertarian leaning folks can eat up what he sends out and beg for more. Most conservative folks get lost in the message. It's valid information, but it's the way he brings it to the table that ends up being a mess.

You are correct he does better in like a town hall setting. Debates aren't really his forte. Of course, having 15 people on stage doesn't help either.

It seems the GOP voted about fifty times to repeal the ACA before Trump took office. Now that they actually have a chance to get it done they are balking.

If they don't fix stuff this go around, then I think we will see people take action into their own hands. People are at the end of their limits with the government.

It is the packaging. You and other libertarian leaning folks can eat up what he sends out and beg for more. Most conservative folks get lost in the message. It's valid information, but it's the way he brings it to the table that ends up being a mess.

You are correct he does better in like a town hall setting. Debates aren't really his forte. Of course, having 15 people on stage doesn't help either.

Show me the guy who doesn't lose so-called conservatives when he says he's going to reduce military spending. I have never seen that politician. If you can show me that guy, then I'll believe it's the packaging.

They've complained about Obamacare since day 1 and had almost 8 years to come up with a better option and now they have nothing.

Reactions: 10 people
Any idiot that's been paying attention for the last 30 or so years could see this coming. Both parties have been pro big government for a while now.

They've complained about Obamacare since day 1 and had almost 8 years to come up with a better option and now they have nothing.

Wrong again, they have multiple plans but so far there's no concensus on a single plan, if your guys weren't such ****ing obstructionists Dr Price would have been confirmed already and we could move forward.

Reactions: 2 people
Show me the guy who doesn't lose so-called conservatives when he says he's going to reduce military spending. I have never seen that politician. If you can show me that guy, then I'll believe it's the packaging.

Actually, if memory serves, he wanted to cut wasteful spending from the DoD budget, something many conservatives would agree on if, again, he sold it right. Give examples of overspending and waste (not easy to do in a debate) and how the DoD needs to clean up it's acquisition. Kind of a "fix it or lose it" kind of mentality.

And in the area of national security, sure, the budget (laughable term) is out of control, but most people don't associate it with what they consider their personal security when you have the MSM blasting ISIS and Al Qaeda in their ears 24 hours a day. Sure, reducing the budget is going to make us more secure in the long run, but it's not what people want to hear. Again, he can't sell it to everyone except the libertarian leaning folks.

There is a careful balance in his ideas he has to achieve in order to bring in votes across the spectrum. I'm not saying he needs to compromise his principles, but just needs to stray away from good ideas that don't sound right.

Wrong again, they have multiple plans but so far there's no concensus on a single plan, if your guys weren't such ****ing obstructionists Dr Price would have been confirmed already and we could move forward.

Don't blame their inability to come up with a single plan on anyone but the republicans. They're to F'n stupid to figure this out and now it's showing.

I bet it takes them at least 2 years to get a replacement

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Don't blame their inability to come up with a single plan on anyone but the republicans. They're to F'n stupid to figure this out and now it's showing.

I bet it takes them at least 2 years to get a replacement

You also bet on Hillary, how's that working out?

The redistribution of wealth happens with or without government's involvement. If people look at the trends of wealth redistribution in the US over the last 50 years, they may be surprised. If they extrapolate the trends for another 20 or 30 years, (I'll let all of you draw your own conclusions.)

No, I blame the ****ing leftards that are holding up the HHS nomination. Obummercare is toast..

You're blaming the democrats in a senate of a republican majority for holding up a nomination? :thumbsup:

I don't know why anyone would be surprised at you holding this angle of attack. Are you going to blame the left for the GOP's inability to have a replacement plan ready after how many years?

Remember, the GOP owns it all right now. Washington's inability to function belongs to them despite your attempt to sell the redirection.

Reactions: 10 people

VN Store

Back