Regulatory Freeze Order Issued

This should be on the books, just to give the thousands of new staffers time to check things out and get up to speed.

Also just effectively ordered all departments to grind to a halt in interpreting, making rules or applying fees associated with Obamacare.

And I agree. It seems like a no brainer to have all departments stop for a period of time when a new administration takes over to revise policy.

Reactions: 1 person
Turns out Obama did the same thing in 2009.

Also (no surprise) saw a Facebook post that picked on new regulatory change - a drop in the mortgage insurance rate charged by the gov - and portrayed it as Trump cancelling this and costing his constituents hundreds of dollars. Partisanship is poison.

Reactions: 2 people
I hope there's many in a long list of deletes of O's signature to restore common sense rules & regulations.

Executive Orders do not have as much power as you think. Basically President Trump can rescind every EO signed by President Obama and we would just go back to the President Bush days. Congress is where the real change happens.

You're assuming too much. I was merely pointing out that the "deletion" of O's signature was nothing to get excited about.

sorry for lumping you in with Carlos who's LOL seemed to be mocking it. :hi:

To my original point - I think it should be SOP for any new administration. Puts a damper on the midnight push by the outgoing group.

I did a Google search about when Obama did this and predictably it was praised.

VN Store

Back