It's morning in America

mrorange211

Let's all just take a moment today to reflect about what makes this country great. Not a singular man or party but We the People. The peaceful transfer of power is an underestimated strength of our government and proves to the world that America is just a special place. So, let us not argue but instead celebrate the coming of a new President and let us wish him well for the burden of the presidency is not easy for any man. We all need each other, and I believe this man, unlike his predecessor, will usher in the true change so many of us bought into 8 years ago.

God Bless America.

Reactions: 10 people
Let's all just take a moment today to reflect about what makes this country great. Not a singular man or party but We the People. The peaceful transfer of power is an underestimated strength of our government and proves to the world that America is just a special place. So, let us not argue but instead celebrate the coming of a new President and let us wish him well for the burden of the presidency is not easy for any man. We all need each other, and I believe this man, unlike his predecessor, will usher in the true change so many of us bought into 8 years ago.

God Bless America.

You had me until the last sentence. I'll hope for the best and expect the worst. America has always been two steps forward and one step back. Time for a step back.

Reactions: 5 people
No fan of Trump, but I pray today he has success as president. I also hope all of you who have supported him will also hold him accountable should he not follow up on what he has said. It's time we come back together as a country.

Reactions: 3 people
You had me until the last sentence. I'll hope for the best and expect the worst. America has always been two steps forward and one step back. Time for a step back.

I voted for Barack. I voted for change. I'm worse off now than I was 8 years ago. It's really that simple.

Reactions: 10 people

Whether we are stepping backward or forward seems to be completely in the mind of what direction individuals perceive as the right direction to be.

Just like under every president we'll see improvements in some areas and mistakes in others.

I hoped for the best and expected the worst with Clinton Bush the Obama (the three presidencies I was old enough to truly experience) and in all three cases got a bit of both. I expect Trump to be along those lines too.

Reactions: 1 person
Mostly agree. The thing is that no matter who we voted for, what cause we're fighting for, or what side of the political spectrum we fall on, whether it be left, right or somewhere in between, now is the time to come together. We should all wish for Trump to be successful, for if he is the country is. I didn't vote for Obama in either election but wanted nothing but the best for him. Now it's the people who didn't vote Trump turn. Not saying you have to agree with everything he says or does, but have hope and wish him and this great nation well the next 4 or 8 years whichever it may be.

May God bless you all and may God bless the USA

Last edited:

God Bless America.

It was such a nice sentiment until this last part... It's just not possible to keep partisanship out of the way. We are a bitterly divided country and it's going to stay that way.

It's all about you, right?
#

do-with-a-brain-if-you-had-one.gif

Reactions: 4 people

God Bless America.

Start off with message of collective promise, end with snide insult.

Standard.

Reactions: 3 people
It's all about you, right?

Huff, I think we all vote with a bit of self-interest to play. Not sure why you want to paint me as selfish.

Start off with message of collective promise, end with snide insult.

Standard.

And no. I really wasn't trying to insult Barack. He didn't deliver the change he promised in my opinion, and I really hope Trump does.

VN Store

Back