Thanks Obama

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Bombed 7 different countries (we dropped 3 bombs per hour in 2016)

We’re still in Afghanistan

Tried to renegotiate and postpone Bush’s Iraq departure date

Didn’t close Gitmo

Expanded the federal government’s domestic spying programs

Failed to make any meaningful changes with regard to the war on drugs and broke promise to relax on marijuana (more raids in legalized states than Bush)

Nearly doubled our national debt

Thanks, Obama

Reactions: 13 people
Bombed 7 different countries (we dropped 3 bombs per hour in 2016)

We’re still in Afghanistan

Tried to renegotiate and postpone Bush’s Iraq departure date

Didn’t close Gitmo

Expanded the federal government’s domestic spying programs

Failed to make any meaningful changes with regard to the war on drugs and broke promise to relax on marijuana (more raids in legalized states than Bush)

Nearly doubled our national debt

Thanks, Obama

Turns out Obama was right after all.
Elections do have consequences.

Reactions: 4 people
That's just bits and pieces of his failed Legacy.

I tried to be objective as possible and just pick things that liberals can't defend.

I'm a big critic of Obamacare, etc. but I didn't want to include those because half the country likes him for that.

Reactions: 2 people
I voted for Obama twice. Once ('08) when I was an ultraliberal and twice ('12) when I was transitioning.

I take responsibility.

While I think historians will be mixed on his domestic legacy, I think they will judge him very harshly on his foreign policy. Truthfully, he didn't get us into a stupid war, like W. (who I voted for when I was a young ultraconservative at 19), but he did lead us to a state where other nations felt emboldened to interfere on our turf and to even interfere with our own elections.

For the latter, I will never forgive him or myself. I take responsibility.

Reactions: 1 person
I tried to be objective as possible and just pick things that liberals can't defend.

I'm a big critic of Obamacare, etc. but I didn't want to include those because half the country likes him for that.

I might be way off here but half of the country liking it seems like way to high.

Trump's got Carrier and some others on board, all right.

Meanwhile, companies have been laying off tens of thousands of workers nationwide.

I have a challenge for Trump. I dare him to bring back millions of well-paying jobs (and that's the key here; not Walmart jobs) with automation. I dare his rear.

Around 80 to 90% of our jobs have been lost to automation and worker productivity (e.g. automation). There's only so much he can compensate for before the big lie gives way.

That magic wand may work some of the time, but it will not work most of the time, and that's really all that matters.

I thought this was a thread about Barry's failure. You have plenty of other bash Trump threads you and your cronies have started

Meanwhile, companies have been laying off tens of thousands of workers nationwide.

I have a challenge for Trump. I dare him to bring back millions of well-paying jobs (and that's the key here; not Walmart jobs) with automation. I dare his rear.

Around 80 to 90% of our jobs have been lost to automation and worker productivity (e.g. automation). There's only so much he can compensate for before the big lie gives way.

That magic wand may work some of the time, but it will not work most of the time, and that's really all that matters.

If he does, will you go back on your meds?

Reactions: 6 people
If he does, will you go back on your meds?

Cheap shots about mental illness will only get you so far.

I hope you don't do the same with your high quality security analysis for whoever pays you for such.

From what I've read of you, I wouldn't pay you a penny.

I thought your list was things republicans would be happy about. Except for the debt (where he was still much better than Reagan or either Bush).

So, he was to strict on illegal drugs and to hawkish with the military? Even the things they would love about a republican president they will slam Obama on.

Obamacare will serve as a wake up call (hopefully). The past several republican administrations have done nothing to address health care. At least the democrats tried to address the problem.

Reactions: 3 people

Why work a tough blue collar job when welfare programs pay so well and are easier to obtain? This is the fault of the last 8 years, no the President who has yet to be sworn into office.

Cheap shots about mental illness will only get you so far.

I hope you don't do the same with your high quality security analysis for whoever pays you for such.

From what I've read of you, I wouldn't pay you a penny.

Considering I haven't really posted much on foreign affairs outside of sarcastic comments, you'd be wrong.

I do worry about you. You used to bring levity to this board prior to the election. Your posts were well thought out and very logical. Since the election, you have devolved to posting conspiracy theories about Russia and Putin. I am not sure what is going on with you. I have posted a message like this several times without you responding, so I knew and outrageous cheap shot would get your attention.

I do think mental illness is a serious issue. It is one that affects my family deeply as I have had issues resulting from my service and have had several suicidal family members (some who have succeeded) that have dealt with manic depression. I just want to know if you are ok. Despite philosophical differences with many posters on here, I genuinely care about everyone as human beings.

I thought your list was things republicans would be happy about. Except for the debt (where he was still much better than Reagan or either Bush).

So, he was to strict on illegal drugs and to hawkish with the military? Even the things they would love about a republican president they will slam Obama on.

Obamacare will serve as a wake up call (hopefully). The past several republican administrations have done nothing to address health care. At least the democrats tried to address the problem.

So your defense of Obama is that he's a warhawk of a Republican? :good!:

I'm not a Republican and I have criticized Bush for literally all of these same issues. What now?

So your defense of Obama is that he's a warhawk of a Republican? :good!:

I'm not a Republican and I have criticized Bush for literally all of these same issues. What now?

I wasn't attempting to defend him. I was simply pointing out an irony.

I wasn't attempting to defend him. I was simply pointing out an irony.

What irony? Only 3 people have liked my post and I doubt it's the war hawks (the comments support this). I probably got likes from the people who truly value liberal principles, like privacy, peace, and a government who minds its business.

VN Store

Back