Pocahontas Waves Off Handshake Attempt From Trump Education Sec. Nominee Betsy DeVos

Franklin Pierce

Massachusetts Democratic Sen. Liz Warren dismissed a handshake attempt from Trump education secretary nominee Betsy DeVos following the conclusion of DeVos’ confirmation hearing Tuesday.

DeVos, who answered pointed questions from Warren during the hearing, attempted to shake Warren’s hand after shaking hands with Minnesota Democratic Sen. Al Franken, Washington Democratic Sen. Patty Murray, Tenneesse Republican Sen. Lamar Alexander, and North Carolina Republican Sen. Richard Burr.

Read more: Elizabeth Warren Waves Off Betsy DeVos Handshake | The Daily Caller

Reactions: 2 people
Massachusetts Democratic Sen. Liz Warren dismissed a handshake attempt from Trump education secretary nominee Betsy DeVos following the conclusion of DeVos’ confirmation hearing Tuesday.

DeVos, who answered pointed questions from Warren during the hearing, attempted to shake Warren’s hand after shaking hands with Minnesota Democratic Sen. Al Franken, Washington Democratic Sen. Patty Murray, Tenneesse Republican Sen. Lamar Alexander, and North Carolina Republican Sen. Richard Burr.

Read more: Elizabeth Warren Waves Off Betsy DeVos Handshake | The Daily Caller

DeVos performed horribly. She is clearly not qualified.

I'm not a fan of Warren so do not read this as any attempt to support her. She should have shook her hand.

Reactions: 8 people
According to Warren, "If Betsy DeVos can’t commit to using the Department of Education’s many tools and resources to protect students from fraud, I don’t see how she can be the secretary of education.”

From the way education has been going, actually using those tools and resources would seem to disqualify anyone as a proponent of education period. If Warren as an educator/legislator sees much merit in the Dept of Ed as it exists, then she's unqualified to judge who is fit to run it.

Considering the debt that too many students are racking up for worthless degrees from any number of state and private universities, it doesn't portray established universities as much less fraudulent than the for profit diploma mills.

While I think her disillusion with DeVos is pretty unwarranted, I do admire Warren's unwillingness to put on a facade in polite company. She's wrong, of course, but I'm not going to fault a woman for adhering to her principles.

Warren uses her seat to be a bully towards any conservative.

She's a mean & bitter old woman who needs a safe space.

I'll be glad when she kicks the bucket for good.

Reactions: 7 people
Had the Donald done this to Warren there would be laughter from all ends of VN...I think Warren is a blow hard but this isn't news

What is it about some of you that will complain about X when the other side does it but will justify X when your side does it because you assume the other side would also do X?

It's news if Donald does it and it's new with Warren does it. It was rude and not very states(wo)man like. She should get blasted like trump would not because trump would but because it's a horse**** move.

What is it about some of you that will complain about X when the other side does it but will justify X when your side does it because you assume the other side would also do X?

It's news if Donald does it and it's new with Warren does it. It was rude and not very states(wo)man like. She should get blasted like trump would not because trump would but because it's a horse**** move.

It's the hypocrisy of the people in this country or this site. They love how Trump wants to stick it to Washington and tells the CNN guy to quit being rude but Elizabeth Warren does it then she's rude.

I do realize the left does it as well

Last edited:
It's the hypocrisy of the people in this country or this site. They love how Trump wants to stick it to Washington and tells the CNN guy to quit being rude but Elizabeth Warren does it then she's rude.

Just FYI
Hypocrisy : the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

Sniveling, disrespectful reporter to the president-elect to which the president-elect responded by not accepting the disrespectful behavior and a ***** Senator needlessly disrespecting a presidential nominee. I do mean needless. It made her look like the total ***** she is.

Yeah, exact same thing.

This is why liberals are the party of the worthless ****s. You all are so damn stupid.

Reactions: 8 people
Warren was rude to a horrible nominee. Neither should hold public office, IMO.

Warren is trying to set herself up for a 2020 Presidential run.

The more she gets in the news from putting Trump's Cabinet picks on blast, the more she endears herself to the hard core left. But that isn't going to work.

Warren is trying to set herself up for a 2020 Presidential run.

The more she gets in the news from putting Trump's Cabinet picks on blast, the more she endears herself to the hard core left. But that isn't going to work.

I tend to agree. This type of behavior will work with folks on the far left but not the middle. I loathe pettiness no matter its bent.

Reactions: 6 people
Maybe I'm missing something but Warren kept hammering the guy about whether the administration would cut medicare funding. I thought the President can request budget items and changes, but the congress actually controls the budget. Perhaps she's just confused because Obama thought he was king and congress didn't see fit to pass budgets during his reign.

VN Store

Back