Idiocracy is Happening

volinbham

VN GURU
Reactions: 3 people
LOL. yes, some how randomness just decided at this point to lower iq. for millions of years, randomness has evolved us but suddenly, that randomness is reversing.

LOL. yes, some how randomness just decided at this point to lower iq. for millions of years, randomness has evolved us but suddenly, that randomness is reversing.

This may be the most profoundly ridiculous expression of (not) understanding evolution imaginable.

Kudos.

Reactions: 8 people

no, the human race decided to decrease their IQ. Warning labels, no child left behind, welfare, etc etc etc, insured that the weak survived and those weak genes, in this case dealing with IQ, get passed on.

We are also going to be passing on more and more diseases, or at least the susceptibility to them, from generation to generation as we medicate. Used to be the sickly died at a young age before they could reproduce so their genes weren't passed on. This is coming from one of those sickly babies.

basically we are getting rid of natural selection. and without any thinning of the herd the idiots are outproducing the smart people.

and apparently you haven't seen Idiocracy.

Reactions: 5 people
Reactions: 2 people
no, the human race decided to decrease their IQ. Warning labels, no child left behind, welfare, etc etc etc, insured that the weak survived and those weak genes, in this case dealing with IQ, get passed on.

We are also going to be passing on more and more diseases, or at least the susceptibility to them, from generation to generation as we medicate. Used to be the sickly died at a young age before they could reproduce so their genes weren't passed on. This is coming from one of those sickly babies.

basically we are getting rid of natural selection. and without any thinning of the herd the idiots are outproducing the smart people.

You are attempting to rationalize with the irrational. Unless you plan on employing a crayon and construction paper as a educational tool, I'd suggest you bow out now and save yourself the effort.

Reactions: 4 people
This may be the most profoundly ridiculous expression of (not) understanding evolution imaginable.

Kudos.

i understand there is a difference between natural selection and evolution. the reason humans are the only group that actually protects their weaker fellows is that we designed with a conscience and souls.

You are attempting to rationalize with the irrational. Unless you plan on employing a crayon and construction paper as a educational tool, I'd suggest you bow out now and save yourself the effort.

yeah I got to the end of it then realized my last line was all i should have said.

Reactions: 1 person

:good!:

If the point is to suggest that we weed out some weaker genetic bases so as to prevent the decline of intelligence across the board, that's really bad news for the University of Tennessee endowment programs.

9k=

9k=

really, should I bump the "Florida Man" thread for you? I mean I know we do some stupid ish, but damn.

Reactions: 3 people
What's interesting is how will this contribute to further inequality? If we save the stupid from themselves their population will grow. And dumb people seem to enjoy procreating at a higher rate than college and graduate educated folks. So as a percentage of the population they will be greater. Now if the smarties are tasked with continuing to make the world go round with new ideas, won't that further concentrate wealth into an increasingly smaller part of the population?

Reactions: 1 person
You need to watch Idiocracy .....

I've seen it. I liked it, but you can't breed out smart people because smart people breed together. It would take genocide to get rid of smart people.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCIo4MCO-_U[/youtube]

I've seen it. I liked it, but you can't breed out smart people because smart people breed together. It would take genocide to get rid of smart people.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCIo4MCO-_U[/youtube]

I still laugh when I see that

VN Store

Back