Lewis and Trump

AM64

The Lewis and Trump squabble makes clear just how divisive Washington really is. You have a congressman calling a newly elected president "illegitimate" because he thinks there was outside influence, yet he never questions any of the dirty stuff from his own side of the election.

Lewis goes farther by stirring the racial divide again, yet he supposedly marched years ago to bring racial accord and unity - bringing down barriers and equalizing. But that's not what he's preaching.

Eight years ago Democrats expected everyone to rally behind Obama, and they weren't even good winners - "elections have consequences" and "we won". Now that the shoe is on the other foot they've shown their true colors - hatred and division as usual. Not even a hint of "let's see how this goes and see if we can work together."

Reactions: 11 people
Unlike your even-handed post.

I wasn't elected, so I have no obligation to speak or to lead by example without bias. I'm critical of someone who has an obligation to pacify and unite rather than use elected, political office to do just the opposite. If Lewis wants to incite racial and political division, fine; but he should resign his office to do it.

Reactions: 5 people
Lewis... Selmmmmmmmmma.. Again this guy proves that deep down he promotes racial division.. the sad thing is that people listen to him.. he should be ignored

Reactions: 7 people
Kudos to John Lewis for his civil rights record, but it doesn't make him immune from criticism. He also led that juvenile gun control sit-in on the House floor last year where they dined like kings on the taxpayer's dime - and of course, got nothing accomplished.

That being said, Trump should know better than to take this obvious bait on MLK weekend.

Reactions: 1 person
John Lewis' civil rights record has nothing to do with the stupid **** coming out of his mouth. Another idiot that term limits would fix

Reactions: 4 people
I wasn't elected, so I have no obligation to speak or to lead by example without bias. I'm critical of someone who has an obligation to pacify and unite rather than use elected, political office to do just the opposite. If Lewis wants to incite racial and political division, fine; but he should resign his office to do it.

Are you describing Trump or Lewis?

It's hard to tell.

Reactions: 4 people
Kudos to John Lewis for his civil rights record, but it doesn't make him immune from criticism. He also led that juvenile gun control sit-in on the House floor last year where they dined like kings on the taxpayer's dime - and of course, got nothing accomplished.

That being said, Trump should know better than to take this obvious bait on MLK weekend.

He doesn't know better, and he never will. He's the most divisive figure in American politics in my lifetime, and that's not about to change during his presidency either.

He doesn't know better, and he never will. He's the most divisive figure in American politics in my lifetime, and that's not about to change during his presidency either.

Oh yeah? Wait til Trump replaces Obama Phones will Gold Rolexs'.

I lol so hard at you and your party melting. These melts are damn near priceless.

Reactions: 3 people
I lol so hard at you and your party melting. These melts are damn near priceless.

You are correct. The Republican Party - my party - sold its soul to the devil for this man, and when the truth finally comes out, it will have a very difficult time recovering.

Reactions: 6 people
And I love it. He is completely shredding your party

Of course you love it. You don't have to tell me that. Trumpers only want to watch the world burn and laugh while it's happening. You're the antithesis of a patriot, the whole lot of you true-blue Trumpers, and you'll go down with your cult leader in time.

We all just have to be patient.

Reactions: 7 people
You are correct. The Republican Party - my party - sold its soul to the devil for this man, and when the truth finally comes out, it will have a very difficult time recovering.

another solid post. dude hasn't even served his first day in office and you already are writing him off. or shall i say you never gave him a chance.

Lewis and Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee are race baiters... if you ever need a good laugh listen to their speeches

Of course you love it. You don't have to tell me that. Trumpers only want to watch the world burn and laugh while it's happening. You're the antithesis of a patriot, the whole lot of you true-blue Trumpers, and you'll go down with your cult leader in time.

We all just have to be patient.

I doubt it since you've never got anything right the past 8 years. Sorry its the Dem party that is burning and yes I'm laughing.

another solid post. dude hasn't even served his first day in office and you already are writing him off. or shall i say you never gave him a chance.

What chance do you want me to give to a man who I truly believe is a traitor?

You don't think this though, so we're at fundamentally different parts of the debate on Trump, making it pointless to even discuss.

What chance do you want me to give to a man who I truly believe is a traitor?

You don't think this though, so we're at fundamentally different parts of the debate on Trump, making it pointless to even discuss.

Except, he's not a traitor. There's no solid proof. You have a bunch of liars and crooks saying there's maybe a link.

I'm not surprised you like the neocons who like to blow **** up, and spend trillions doing it. Bush and Obama were in the pockets of the Saudis.

VN Store

Back