Haven't liberals figured it out yet?

Grand Vol

Official VN Armorer
Lab Rat
I mean, seriously. How'd that work with the Chik-fil-A boycott?

Should L.L. Bean, Walmart, Amazon Fear Anti-Trump Boycott List? | Fox Business

The anti-Trump group calling for a boycott of clothing manufacturer L.L. Bean says it is not backing down after a request from the Maine retail giant to reverse its position.

Grabyourwallet.org added the outdoor brand to its list of “companies to consider boycotting” because a member of the Bean dynasty donated to a political action committee with ties to President-elect Donald Trump. Linda Bean, who donated $60,000 (which exceeds the PAC’s individual donor limit of $5,000, according to the Federal Election Commission) to a PAC supporting Trump, is one of more than 50 family members who own the business.

LL Bean is far from the only company #grabyourwallet Opens a New Window. is boycotting. The website is calling for boycotts on 38 stores for carrying Trump products including Walmart, Bloomingdale’s, Amazon and Macy’s. The group is calling for 31 additional boycotts including the L.A. Clippers, Trident, Yuengling Beer, People Magazine and all of Trump’s companies. Grab your wallet said these companies are “supportive of Trump”, “owned by Trump” or “normalizing Trump.”

And not only that, they are going after Ivanka Trump, who, the last time I looked, is not her father.

The complete list of stores they want to boycott. I'm pretty sure Amazon and Wal-mart are shaking in their boots.

https://grabyourwallet.org/

America is tired of the thought police attacking (not competing ideas, but...) people who don't think like them.

Reactions: 3 people
I mean, seriously. How'd that work with the Chik-fil-A boycott?

Should L.L. Bean, Walmart, Amazon Fear Anti-Trump Boycott List? | Fox Business

And not only that, they are going after Ivanka Trump, who, the last time I looked, is not her father.

The complete list of stores they want to boycott. I'm pretty sure Amazon and Wal-mart are shaking in their boots.

https://grabyourwallet.org/

I heard that on the radio this morning on the way to work. Unbelievable stupidity.

I don't think these boycott organizers thought this all the way through.

Reactions: 1 person
Even if 1% of Americans stop going to their stores/buying online, that actually makes a meaningful difference to Amazon and Wal Mart. If my memory serves, though these companies do huge amounts of business, they don't exactly turn consistent profits and a huge part of their valuation is just sheer volume of business. Amazon has just recently been doing well in terms of profitability and I think Wal Mart is currently doing poorly in that regard.

Even if 1% of Americans stop going to their stores/buying online, that actually makes a meaningful difference to Amazon and Wal Mart. If my memory serves, though these companies do huge amounts of business, they don't exactly turn consistent profits and a huge part of their valuation is just sheer volume of business. Amazon has just recently been doing well in terms of profitability and I think Wal Mart is currently doing poorly in that regard.

And the chance of 3.1 million people deciding to boycott everything on that list?

Or even more applicable, how many new clients do they pick up because some twit that wanted her 15 minutes of fame listed them? I.E. the ones that go to those stores in defiance.

Reactions: 2 people
I heard that on the radio this morning on the way to work. Unbelievable stupidity.

I don't think these boycott organizers thought this all the way through.

Of course they didn't think it through, they are haters from the left.

LL Bean has like a 4 month backlog just on those duck boots. Boycott it up, I doubt it does much.

LL Bean has like a 4 month backlog just on those duck boots. Boycott it up, I doubt it does much.

Are they really? I ordered a pair last year with no problems. They are fantastic for yard work. Only issue is they run HUGE. I wear 13s and had to order size 10s. Really weird. The 13s that came looked like Shaqs shoes

On one hand I fully support freedom of association and so if you don't want to do business with a company because they do something you don't like - more power to you.

On the other hand I think it's ridiculous to boycott companies based on trivial issues like those listed in this thread (both pro and anti Trump examples).

What a horrible place it would be if everyone agreed 100% with everyone else's views.

All "liberals" do not subscribe to the theory that boycotting restaurants or stores will create political change.

False thread premise is false.

And the chance of 3.1 million people deciding to boycott everything on that list?

Probably not many will boycott all because they won't even remember all of them...but that's different from the question of how many will boycott Wal Mart and Amazon. Those are the most recognizable businesses on that list.

Or even more applicable, how many new clients do they pick up because some twit that wanted her 15 minutes of fame listed them? I.E. the ones that go to those stores in defiance.

You're saying Amazon is going to pick up new customers because of the protest?

All "liberals" do not subscribe to the theory that boycotting restaurants or stores will create political change.

False thread premise is false.

Objection counselor! You have not presented links as evidence!

Let his comment be stricken from the record!

Are they really? I ordered a pair last year with no problems. They are fantastic for yard work. Only issue is they run HUGE. I wear 13s and had to order size 10s. Really weird. The 13s that came looked like Shaqs shoes

What I read said demand has increased 600% in the past decade. In previous years it's taken them until June or July to clear it. I have a pair of Vasques and Rockports that have lasted 20 years, otherwise I'd get a pair of the Bean ones. Can't justify three pairs of boots for what little cold weather we get.

You're saying Amazon is going to pick up new customers because of the protest?

Do you remember the lines outside of Chik-fil-A on the day of the alleged "national boycott"?

Americans, by nature, tend to show their disdain for such attempts by doing the complete opposite. And I'd be willing to bet pennies to dollars the number of new customers doing so in defiance equals the number of lost customers.

Either way, this whole thing with L.L. Bean reeks of extortion. "Replace this person and I'll take you off the list."

Do you remember the lines outside of Chik-fil-A on the day of the alleged "national boycott"?

That was a day, not a permanent boycott.

Americans, by nature, tend to show their disdain for such attempts by doing the complete opposite.

Really? When else have people done this? People get mad about perceived attacks against their religious beliefs, so the huge Chick Fil A backlash makes sense. Has this same phenomenon occurred in support of a politician?

With the amount of crap threads he starts, let him have his moment.

I have friends on both political extremes, as I am sure you do, too. An occasional walk to support AIDS research funding, or support the police, is just about the extent any of them do for anything.

I still respect that some are liberal, some are conservative. They do not have to go to the extreme to prove their bona fides.

And in fact, a huge part of the problem we have with our politicians is that people keep making them go to the extreme to keep the label we've given them.

Its nice, for example, to see Rubio expressing skepticism of Tillerson. He doesn't have to tow the Trump line just to be a Republican.

Walmart profits are about $15 billion a year. They went from $12B to $16B from 2008 to 2014, and have dropped back to $14.5B this past year.

Americans, by nature, tend to show their disdain for such attempts by doing the complete opposite. And I'd be willing to bet pennies to dollars the number of new customers doing so in defiance equals the number of lost customers.

Either way, this whole thing with L.L. Bean reeks of extortion. "Replace this person and I'll take you off the list."

I think it was 20/20 that did some episode on social media and they interviewed that psychopath that yelled at the girl in the drive thru. Recounting it he was so proud of himself and just knew it would go viral and he'd be a hero. This is a grown ass man berating a teenager over something she has zero authority over. The next day he loses his six figure job (I think $400k), options, etc. and is basically unhireable. They wind up losing their house, I guess he was an idiot financially as well. He said he was surprised at the reaction. I don't care what your politics are, attacking a child to make yourself feel better is psychotic. If that had been my kid I would have driven to his house and proposed a gay marriage between my foot and his lower intestine.

VN Store

Back