Interesting Development in Repeal Obamacare Storyline

We are upset that the Senators want to know what they would be replacing Obamacare with before they vote on it? Or at least have some idea of what it is? Sounds like a terrible plan, so much better when you had to vote on it to find out what was inside and even better when they can work out all of the details after its been voted through.

Reactions: 1 person
Nothing should be considered that doesn't allow cross state competition, oversight to eliminate and reduce fraud, prescription drug reform, and reducing costs.

Reactions: 2 people
I've read where people actually like the individual aspects of the ACA, it's when it's packaged as "Obamacare" that people largely tend to hate it.

I've read where people actually like the individual aspects of the ACA, it's when it's packaged as "Obamacare" that people largely tend to hate it.

Yeah, "...keeping the good parts."

It seems GOP fanboys understand we need more competition* in health care, but they don't seem to understand why banning denials for previous conditions makes costs skyrocket..."the good parts".

*they want competition in HC but not in manufacturing...go figure.

Reactions: 4 people
Yeah, "...keeping the good parts."

It seems GOP fanboys understand we need more competition* in health care, but they don't seem to understand why banning denials for previous conditions makes costs skyrocket..."the good parts".

*they want competition in HC but not in manufacturing...go figure.

Sounds like you are butthurt over the fact they are discussing doing this in a measured and metered approach rather than just blowing it up.

Reactions: 3 people
Sounds like you are butthurt over the fact they are discussing doing this in a measured and metered approach rather than just blowing it up.

I'm not. I am not sure how I feel about it. What makes you think that I am butthurt?

Yes, the congress and especially trump are known for being measured.

Gtfo nerd.

Reactions: 3 people
The highest growth rates in both national debt and health care expenditures in the last 36 years happened under Reagan and Bush 2. The national debt tripled during Reagan's administration. It went up about 80% under Obama. It doubled under Bush 2 and went up only about 25% under Clinton. Similar story on health care expenditures.
Well the real onerous parts of Obolacare have been pushed back until the asshat is out of office, so there's that.

"If you like your doctor..."

The highest growth rates in both national debt and health care expenditures in the last 36 years happened under Reagan and Bush 2. The national debt tripled during Reagan's administration. It went up about 80% under Obama. It doubled under Bush 2 and went up only about 25% under Clinton. Similar story on health care expenditures.

Saying the national debt tripled under Reagan in comparison to it going up 80% under Obama is pretty deceiving...Reagan added $1.86T and Obama added $7.92T. I would argue that Obama's spending is way more irresponsible considering debt is a problem right now and it wasn't really in the 80s.

I am not a fan of Reagan and I torch him for his fake fiscal responsibility all the time, but he's not even close to as bad as Obama.

Saying the national debt tripled under Reagan in comparison to it going up 80% under Obama is pretty deceiving...Reagan added $1.86T and Obama added $7.92T. I would argue that Obama's spending is way more irresponsible considering debt is a problem right now and it wasn't really in the 80s.

I am not a fan of Reagan and I torch him for his fake fiscal responsibility all the time, but he's not even close to as bad as Obama.

Debt was a problem under Reagan, a much bigger problem when he left. The debt under Clinton only rose 25%. Bush 2 100%. The debt Obama inherited was due primarily to Reagan and Bush, and he was more fiscally responsible than either.

Debt was a problem under Reagan, a much bigger problem when he left. The debt under Clinton only rose 25%. Bush 2 100%. The debt Obama inherited was due primarily to Reagan and Bush, and he was more fiscally responsible than either.

Is that why he collectively spent more than all of his predecessors? Ten trillion genius and not a damn thing to show for it.

Debt was a problem under Reagan, a much bigger problem when he left.

How was it a much bigger problem if we had a better debt to income ratio back then?

saupload_a_us_debt_burden_1791_2010.png

The debt under Clinton only rose 25%. Bush 2 100%. The debt Obama inherited was due primarily to Reagan and Bush, and he was more fiscally responsible than either.

I have no problem giving Clinton partial credit, because he could have easily increased the debt more, but part of the reason it only rose 25% is he was the beneficiary of the booming 90s (so more tax revenue) and a lot of the significant spending cuts were cold war related. To his credit, a lot of Reagan's spending did not go toward permanent programs.

Clinton was probably the most fiscally responsible one out of all of them, but Obama and Bush 2 are easily the worst in that regard.

How was it a much bigger problem if we had a better debt to income ratio back then?

saupload_a_us_debt_burden_1791_2010.png

I have no problem giving Clinton partial credit, because he could have easily increased the debt more, but part of the reason it only rose 25% is he was the beneficiary of the booming 90s (so more tax revenue) and a lot of the significant spending cuts were cold war related. To his credit, a lot of Reagan's spending did not go toward permanent programs.

Clinton was probably the most fiscally responsible one out of all of them, but Obama and Bush 2 are easily the worst in that regard.

And he was held in check by a GOP congress led by Newt..

Further confirms my belief there will be no movement towards a balanced budget and reducing the debt. Neither party cares because they're viewpoint seems to be since it's not causing problems now, it's not really a problem. They will continue to spend until some crisis happens that threatens everyone. Then and only then will they attempt to address it and it will be more bandaids if anything is even possible at that point.

VN Store

Back