Crooked Hillary Allies Plot Anti-Trump Movement

Franklin Pierce

‘We’re going to throw everything at him that he threw at us,’ said one longtime Democratic operative.

After most campaigns the combatants share cocktails and swap war stories — but the bitter 2016 battle for the White House is turning into a forever war with Hillary Clinton’s tormented team vowing a four-year insurgency against Donald Trump.

There are no consolation prizes from a loss as humbling and catastrophic as the heavily-favored Clinton suffered on Nov. 8. But for her aides, there is a measure of liberation, freedom from the constraints of having to defend their flawed, awkward front-runner and adopt the hell-to-pay role of insurgents.

Since her defeat, Clinton has been wandering, with a tranquility that eluded her as a politician, in and out of strangers’ Instagram accounts in bookstores and doggie walks in the woods near her Westchester manse. But in the meanwhile people in her orbit — enraged by the victory of a campaign they view as beneath contempt and a president-elect they view as a disgrace — are plotting an anti-Trump resistance and venting with a fury they never could have expressed in the service of their hyper-cautious candidate.

Clinton allies like David Brock have been actively recruiting Democratic donors to fund an anti-Trump movement modeled on the armada of organizations that sued, flacked, opposition-researched and insulted Clinton into a 55 percent disapproval rating. Trump is already there, but Brock and other Democratic operatives are contemplating a Freedom of Information Act barrage against the president-elect comparable to the one undertaken against Clinton by the conservative group Judicial Watch. Other left-leaning groups, including the Center for American Progress, are looking into ways of holding Trump accountable for his job-creating campaign promises — possibly by disseminating reports on the president’s record directly to voters and media into swing states like Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan that swung surprisingly to Trump.

CAUTION LEFTISTS: May Not Be Legit News Source
Clinton allies plot anti-Trump movement - POLITICO

Reactions: 3 people
Republicans stated at the very beginning of the Obama presidency that their primary aim would be to disrupt him and ultimately see him out of office. Not all, of course, but a good deal did indeed make that their primary aim.

That Democrats will now do the same to Trump does not surprise me one bit.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, as the old cliche goes.

Reactions: 4 people
Republicans stated at the very beginning of the Obama presidency that their primary aim would be to disrupt him and ultimately see him out of office. Not all, of course, but a good deal did indeed make that their primary aim.

It will be interesting to see if Dems fight half as hard as Reps fought against Obama. Lots of liberals seem content to roll over and take it IMO.

It will be interesting to see if Dems fight half as hard as Reps fought against Obama. Lots of liberals seem content to roll over and take it IMO.

Well, Trump has some very liberal policies in certain places. Plus, the congressional Democrats will not be as powerful against Trump as congressional Republicans originally were against Obama, if I'm not mistaken. The numbers are against the Democrats, even though both parties were minorities at the outset of each respective president's terms.

Well, Trump has some very liberal policies in certain places. Plus, the congressional Democrats will not be as powerful against Trump as congressional Republicans originally were against Obama, if I'm not mistaken. The numbers are against the Democrats, even though both parties were minorities at the outset of each respective president's terms.
Dems are definitely at a number disadvantage and the few that are vocal seem to be ignored by media and their R counterparts. I know that some dems have called on Jason Chaffetz to look into Trump's foreign business ties, but those calls are falling on deaf ears. It's disgusting to me that more Republicans don't care about potential conflicts in Trump's business affairs. Sure, maybe Trump will "do the right thing," but operating on a maybe sure seems dangerous when no one knows exactly how deep his foreign businesses run.

Dems are definitely at a number disadvantage and the few that are vocal seem to be ignored by media and their R counterparts. I know that some dems have called on Jason Chaffetz to look into Trump's foreign business ties, but those calls are falling on deaf ears. It's disgusting to me that more Republicans don't care about potential conflicts in Trump's business affairs. Sure, maybe Trump will "do the right thing," but operating on a maybe sure seems dangerous when no one knows exactly how deep his foreign businesses run.

The lack of concern appalls me as well. It's as if nothing but personal victory matters anymore.

Look at it this way: Americans essentially just elected a transnational capitalist to the office of the presidency, and they evidently now expect him to put that aside and to pursue nothing but the interests of the nation of of Americans at large.

Good luck with that, America.

Reactions: 1 person
The Democrats are "dead set" in completing the destruction of America. Hillary is Obama's third term. He hasn't finished and he wants Hillary to complete the destruction, which would take at least one more 4 year term. ACA,immigration, refugees and job losses overseas is the goal.
The future Republican administration will get rid of what they've accomplished over the last 8 years.
Is it accomplishments letting in as many illegals as possible giving them "free healthcare", welfare, housing; letting in unvetted refugees; firing several military officers for not agreeing with his policies; cutting back the Army by 40,000; letting jobs go out of the country; ACA (not affordable).

Reactions: 2 people

You mean during the 111th congress when Democrats had total control of the senate and congress?....

Oh yeah.."obstructionist"...

Reactions: 4 people
The lack of concern appalls me as well. It's as if nothing but personal victory matters anymore.

Look at it this way: Americans essentially just elected a transnational capitalist to the office of the presidency, and they evidently now expect him to put that aside and to pursue nothing but the interests of the nation of of Americans at large.

Good luck with that, America.

Well Trump said we could trust him to fix it because he knows how to game the US better than anyone. :eek:lol:

trump-bribe-politicians.jpg

Funny! The problem was the goose did nothing of merit for the American people, left the world in flames and throttled the domestic economy. Hopefully the gander will do better and those who try to disrupt will only look foolish. Sounds like they are well on their way to less seats in congress again.

He's a career business man, not a career politician. Are you suggesting this is a disqualifier? You expect him to sell his business? What's your end-game?

Reactions: 2 people
The Democrats are "dead set" in completing the destruction of America. Hillary is Obama's third term. He hasn't finished and he wants Hillary to complete the destruction, which would take at least one more 4 year term. ACA,immigration, refugees and job losses overseas is the goal.
The future Republican administration will get rid of what they've accomplished over the last 8 years.
Is it accomplishments letting in as many illegals as possible giving them "free healthcare", welfare, housing; letting in unvetted refugees; firing several military officers for not agreeing with his policies; cutting back the Army by 40,000; letting jobs go out of the country; ACA (not affordable).

You forgot ensuring illegals the ability to vote.

And the Dems worked so well with Bush?

VN Store

Back