Trump Talks To President Of Taiwan, Sending Strong Message To Communist China

Franklin Pierce

NEW YORK – President-elect Donald Trump spoke Friday with the president of Taiwan, a move that will be sure to anger China.

It is highly unusual, probably unprecedented, for a U.S. president or president-elect to speak directly with a leader of Taiwan, a self-governing island the U.S. broke diplomatic ties with in 1979.

CAUTION BOLSHEVIKS: May not be Legit news source!
Trump speaks with Taiwan's president, risking China tensions | Fox News

Reactions: 3 people
This is the kind of thing I hoped he would not do as Pres elect.

Transition not nearly complete. Obama IS the president, and now the Trumpster is a loose cannon on deck.

Reactions: 5 people
I'd say that I hope he knows what he's doing with this move, but I'm sure he doesn't.

The many colors of LG.

8 years ago....Obama so smart since he would have talks with Iran.

Now....oh noes....hope he understands how poor a decision this was to talk.

Lol.

So my drug dealer is selling me input goods that i turn into a finished product and we both make money together?

No.

China is the supplier.

Us is the dealer on the corner.

Supplier loans the dealer a kilo for 1,000 and makes 10,000.

Dealer then sells it for 1,500 and makes five hundred.

Dealer can't live on five hundred so he takes a loan out from supplier at 25 percent interest.

Supplier now owns dealer.

Their currency devaluation is forcing down our wages and increasing welfare which causes us to borrow money from them to fund out government.

It's a vicious cycle.

My view on this issue is wgaf. Communication is good. Dialogue needs to be open to all. I'm sick of the cold war era black and white view of the world. We've had this view of countries as either good or evil. Things are not that simple and acknowledging similarities and finding common ground as opposed focusing on differences might help relations. Perhaps if the US would stop trying spread democracy and focus on just normalizing relations we'd find things would improve.

Reactions: 4 people
No.

China is the supplier.

Us is the dealer on the corner.

Supplier loans the dealer a kilo for 1,000 and makes 10,000.

Dealer then sells it for 1,500 and makes five hundred.

Dealer can't live on five hundred so he takes a loan out from supplier at 25 percent interest.

Supplier now owns dealer.

Their currency devaluation is forcing down our wages and increasing welfare which causes us to borrow money from them to fund out government.

It's a vicious cycle.

The reality is we are trading worthless paper for real goods. China isn't doing anything to us. It's our own government who is destroying American business.

Reactions: 1 person
The reality is we are trading worthless paper for real goods. China isn't doing anything to us. It's our own government who is destroying American business.

It's funny how much China's fighter jets look like ours. It's as if they have the blueprints or something.

Reactions: 5 people
Help me here........if the U.S. does not recognize Taiwan and China considers them to be a renegade region, would the U.S. interfere if China invaded Taiwan? If not, why doesn't China go ahead and settle the issue?

If the U.S. would move to the assistance of Taiwan, does that mean we will go to war for them but we shouldn't be talking to them?

It's all very confusing to the poor boy from NET.

Taiwan sold out to China in 2004 when Taiwanese companies were allowed to open in mainland China. The resulting competition ended with almost all Taiwanese companies opening factories in China by 2012. Now China pretty much owns/controls Taiwan. I expect them to rejoin similar to Hong Kong/Macau in the future.

We can sell warships to Taiwan, but talking on the phone with them will start a war with China. This sounds like fake news.

Reactions: 2 people
We've had this policy for 47 years, through both Dem and GOP administrations, through multiple accords and agreements. Guess Trump just knows better, huh?

VN Store

Back