Carrier says the jobs stay

Can the president make "deals" with private companies?

Seems like a reach to me. But what do I know, Obama's Pen and Phone Doctrine has redefined the power of the presidency.

Reactions: 1 person
Can the president make "deals" with private companies?

Seems like a reach to me. But what do I know, Obama's Pen and Phone Doctrine has redefined the power of the presidency.

Didnt Bush do that with bankb bailouts? Or did that go thru Congress?

Good news for Carrier and 1000 employees.

Bad news for Indiana taxpayers.

PS. Hey Coca cola, GM, Ford, and Deere, suggest you threaten to leave. Demand taxpayer dollars to stay. Profit.

Reactions: 2 people
Good news for Carrier and 1000 employees.

Bad news for Indiana taxpayers.

PS. Hey Coca cola, GM, Ford, and Deere, suggest you threaten to leave. Demand taxpayer dollars to stay. Profit.

Lol
You have no idea how that works.

States do it all the time to draw in big companies.

Arkansas for one.

The federal government does it for immigrants. Where is your outrage over that?

Reactions: 5 people
Lol

Arkansas for one.

Let's just not pretend that no one is paying for this. The money is coming from the people of Indiana. And Trump is going to hold a rally to take credit for it !!

What did Carrier say?

I'll wait....

Trump can take the credit for it but Pence did all the work and used his resources to make it happen. Besides. Carrier will mot likely just move jobs from another factory in another state to Mexico.

Lol

Arkansas for one.

Government (often using our money) picking winners and losers, is what it is. We should all be outraged.

What on earth is in the "deal" and why do people assume America got the good end of the deal?

I would assume property tax forgo for set amount of years, no city tax or state for set amount of years.

Honestly, this happens alot and is not a huge deal.

The 1,400 will pay taxes, spend their money in the economy and the state will make money on the goods they purchase through sales tax.

It's better to have 1,00 people working and getting taxed than 0 people working and no body getting taxed.

Reactions: 7 people
I would assume property tax forgo for set amount of years, no city tax or state for set amount of years.

Honestly, this happens alot and is not a huge deal.

The 1,400 will pay taxes, spend their money in the economy and the state will make money on the goods they purchase through sales tax.

It's better to have 1,00 people working and getting taxed than 0 people working and no body getting taxed.

Excellent post. Why cant more people grasp this simple concept?

I'll wait for someone to argue against that logic.

Although they do have a point about govts choosing winners and losers. These sorts of deals need to be extended to everyone equally.

This reminds me of when 0bama flew around the world lobbying for Chicago to get the Olympics in 09. Except he went down in a flaming bag of fail.

Reactions: 3 people
Trump can take the credit for it but Pence did all the work and used his resources to make it happen. Besides. Carrier will mot likely just move jobs from another factory in another state to Mexico.

Oh look, the man who has the inside scoop on everything.. Lmfao

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back