So... the right is going to ignore the broken promises and call it liberal butthurt?

ClearwaterVol

I think the next 4 years will be comedic gold. I truly hope that Trump tries to change the culture in Washington, but, based upon his actions thus far, I am not optimistic.

Reactions: 11 people
I think the next 4 years will be comedic gold. I truly hope that Trump tries to change the culture in Washington, but, based upon his actions thus far, I am not optimistic.

Can we at least wait until he is inaugurated before we start this. I think he at least deserves 30 minutes as POTUS to see if he will get stuff done.

Reactions: 6 people
"I think one thing that should be distinguished here is that the media is always taking Trump literally. It never takes him seriously, but it always takes him literally. ... I think a lot of voters who vote for Trump take Trump seriously but not literally, so when they hear things like the Muslim comment or the wall comment, their question is not, 'Are you going to build a wall like the Great Wall of China?' or, you know, 'How exactly are you going to enforce these tests?' What they hear is we're going to have a saner, more sensible immigration policy."

Peter Thiel

Reactions: 4 people
We gave Obama 8 years. Can we give them 90 days before giving up. Come on!

Lulz, people didn't give him 30 seconds, congress colluded to obstruct Obama before he was even sworn in if memory serves.

The booths at the polls weren't even broken down before Trump started walking his tough talk back... The rationalization is already golden:

Why must all his promises pan out? No president before him has ever kept all of their promises, why shoukd Trump be any different?

Bahhhaa. :rofl:

Maybe the hypocrites can post some butt hurt creme memes to help them fend off the reality of it all.

Reactions: 10 people
We gave Obama 8 years. Can we give them 90 days before giving up. Come on!

There will be so much opposition to cleaning house from the Republocrats and Democans it will be just like Obama's promises. Few get done. Too much glad handing, back scratching, good ol' boy entrenchment with a gazillion dollars of lobbyist money and leverage flowing freely. Military/Industrial, Big Pharma, Mega Agricultural ...
on and on. Whack-A-Mole...get one and two pop up.

Not to say it's not worth trying. IMO, only term limits can be effectual in draining the swamp.

My question to liberals is, do you wish for him to have success or do you wish for him to fail? Do you hope for him to be the best president ever or the worst? Not your opinion, your HONEST hopes and wishes.

Yeah, Trump hasn't even been sworn in as POTUS yet & the loony left-wing liberals are already like vultures sitting on tree branches waiting to pick him apart for the stuff he's not even suppose to do yet. Give the guy a chance like we gave yo boy Barry.

My question to liberals is, do you wish for him to have success or do you wish for him to fail? Do you hope for him to be the best president ever or the worst? Not your opinion, your HONEST hopes and wishes.

American's should root for him, I do. But I think you've inadvertently mislabeled your question. I'ts not just the liberals who want him to fail, a good amount of the establishment on BOTH sides want him to sh|t the bed.

There were many here who reveled in Obama's failures, too many.

Lulz, people didn't give him 30 seconds, congress colluded to obstruct Obama before he was even sworn in if memory serves.

The booths at the polls weren't even broken down before Trump started walking his tough talk back... The rationalization is already golden:

Bahhhaa. :rofl:

Maybe the hypocrites can post some butt hurt creme memes to help them fend off the reality of it all.

Walking by the tough talk back or being calm and respectful while people are storming the streets and literally threatening his life and his family?

I haven't heard anything from Trumps lips that suggest to me he's going back on his promises. I've heard rumbles from others who grudgingly supported him and are hoping he won't follow through on his "drain the swamp" agenda. But what has he officially sent out that has gone backwards?

Is it him saying nice things about Obama? Because that is simply being respectful of his predecessor and he has never gone back on his position that his policies were disastrous.

Was it Obamacare? Because Trump still insists on repeal but still says he'll want to keep the preexistkng conditions mandate and the keeping young adults on parents plan, something he has said before and since those two parts are basicallly the only part of the ACA people like, it makes sense. But he is still insisting on allowing people to buy insurance across state lines

Was it the wall? Trump hadn't said anything about the wall or immigration that says he''ll change his policy. I did read about Gingrich saying that maybe Mexico won't pay for it but that was Newt, not Trump

He did refuse to say for certain whether he will presss for charges against Hillary. But that isn't a bad stance to take since the Clinton Foundation is still under Ian active investigation and he is currrntly not in the position to press the issue. After taking office he will recievs full briefings from the DOJ and the FBI and he would get a full accounting of the evidence. So a wait and see approach is logical and fair.

Basically all I see is a guy staying calm while his detractors run wild with false accusations, real threats, and major temper tantrums. Maybe I'm wrong and he will go back on his promises, but I'd like to wait until AFTER he takes office before accusing him of such

Yeah, Trump hasn't even been sworn in as POTUS yet & the loony left-wing liberals are already like vultures sitting on tree branches waiting to pick him apart for the stuff he's not even suppose to do yet. Give the guy a chance like we gave yo boy Barry.

Yes, you have always been known around these parts as the guy who waited until now to offer a broad even handed unbiased performance review of O's tenure.

:rofl:

Boy it's still the first page and I already need a shovel.

Reactions: 7 people
American's should root for him, I do. But I think you've inadvertently mislabeled your question. I'ts not just the liberals who want him to fail, a good amount of the establishment on BOTH sides want him to sh|t the bed.

There were many here who reveled in Obama's failures, too many.

I never voted for Obama but had hope in 2008 that he would be a great president and could possibly help race relations. In your opinion how would you grade him in these areas?

Yes, you have always been known around these parts as the guy who waited until now to offer a broad even handed unbiased performance review of O's tenure.

:rofl:

Boy it's still the first page and I already need a shovel.

Toss the shovel and open wide.😬

Reactions: 1 person
Walking by the tough talk back or being calm and respectful while people are storming the streets and literally threatening his life and his family?

I haven't heard anything from Trumps lips that suggest to me he's going back on his promises. I've heard rumbles from others who grudgingly supported him and are hoping he won't follow through on his "drain the swamp" agenda. But what has he officially sent out that has gone backwards?

Is it him saying nice things about Obama? Because that is simply being respectful of his predecessor and he has never gone back on his position that his policies were disastrous.

Was it Obamacare? Because Trump still insists on repeal but still says he'll want to keep the preexistkng conditions mandate and the keeping young adults on parents plan, something he has said before and since those two parts are basicallly the only part of the ACA people like, it makes sense. But he is still insisting on allowing people to buy insurance across state lines

Was it the wall? Trump hadn't said anything about the wall or immigration that says he''ll change his policy. I did read about Gingrich saying that maybe Mexico won't pay for it but that was Newt, not Trump

He did refuse to say for certain whether he will presss for charges against Hillary. But that isn't a bad stance to take since the Clinton Foundation is still under Ian active investigation and he is currrntly not in the position to press the issue. After taking office he will recievs full briefings from the DOJ and the FBI and he would get a full accounting of the evidence. So a wait and see approach is logical and fair.

Basically all I see is a guy staying calm while his detractors run wild with false accusations, real threats, and major temper tantrums. Maybe I'm wrong and he will go back on his promises, but I'd like to wait until AFTER he takes office before accusing him of such

Maybe you haven't been paying attention or you're willfully ignoring it; either way the fact that he's walked back some of his biggest promises is reality.

The "wait until he's sworn in" retort has no bearing on his words now. He's clearly planting the seeds.

Reactions: 7 people

I want him to be the best ever. However, his drain the swamp promise is looking like something he won't even attempt. His advisers appear to be have ties to lobbyists and the same old same old.

Reactions: 5 people
I never voted for Obama but had hope in 2008 that he would be a great president and could possibly help race relations. In your opinion how would you grade him in these areas?

Terrible, I never liked O much. Though I believe he got too much credit from the left and too much blame from the right. That really doesn't have too much bearing on this though, Trump is moon-walking his promises back .

I hope Trump does great, I really hope I have to eat my words. I don't put too much stock into him winning, he's still the same douche he was before the election - he simply benefited from running against a criminal-mega-douche and a pissed off electorate.

Reactions: 3 people

I want him to succeed economically. I am skeptical of him on social policy, but honestly don't think he is all that interested in it.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention or you're willfully ignoring it; either way the fact that he's walked back some of his biggest promises is reality.

The "wait until he's sworn in" retort has no bearing on his words now. He's clearly planting the seeds.

Links to these "words" or you're just shieting in your hand and throwing it at the wall to see if your diahrrea of the mouths sticks.

He'll be like every other politician once he's in office, walk back on the promises made during the campaign. That's fine and only an idiot wouldn't expect it.

The question becomes how much will he cave on and we wont know that until he's actually in office.

Links to these "words" or you're just shieting in your hand and throwing it at the wall to see if your diahrrea of the mouths sticks.

You're a big boy, I have confidence in your ability to navigate to google. I have no doubt that any resource providing substantiation of this reality would be met with jeers and guffaws of bias.

Reactions: 3 people
He'll be like every other politician once he's in office, walk back on the promises made during the campaign. That's fine and only an idiot wouldn't expect it.

The question becomes how much will he cave on and we wont know that until he's actually in office.

Oh, I don't disagree. I just find it amusing that many of the promises he's planting the seeds of doubt on were pillars of his campaign.

Reactions: 2 people
Terrible, I never liked O much. Though I believe he got too much credit from the left and too much blame from the right. That really doesn't have too much bearing on this though, Trump is moon-walking his promises back .

I hope Trump does great, I really hope I have to eat my words. I don't put too much stock into him winning, he's still the same douche he was before the election - he simply benefited from running against a criminal-mega-douche and a pissed off electorate.

I don't think there have been many national level elections where things have been said in campaigns that never came to fruition when the candidate reached office. People on the left will hate Trump no matter what because of his arrogance as much as his policy. Obama's arrogance had a large part in the hatred the people on the right had for him.

VN Store

Back