Trump Could Appoint 4 Supreme Court Judges

VolnJC

I actually believe the court is a joke because too many decisions come down to political leanings rather than the Constitution. I didn't realize that 3 will be over 80 during Trump's first term. Wonder how many retire vs dying while on the court? I remember O'Connor and Marshall retired.

Justice
Date of Birth
Appointed by
Sworn in
Vacant
(Antonin Scalia)
3/11/1936
Died 2/13/2016
Ronald Reagan
9/26/1986
Served: 29 yr 4 mo

Anthony Kennedy
7/23/1936
Ronald Reagan
2/18/1988
Served: 28 yr 8 mo

Clarence Thomas
6/23/1948
George H. W. Bush
10/23/1991
Served: 25 yr 0 mo

Ruth Bader Ginsburg
3/15/1933
Bill Clinton
8/19/1993
Served: 23 yr 2 mo

Stephen Breyer
8/15/1938
Bill Clinton
8/3/1994
Served: 22 yr 3 mo

John G. Roberts
1/27/1955
George W. Bush
9/29/2005
Served: 11 yr 1 mo

Samuel A. Alito, Jr.
4/1/1950
George W. Bush
1/31/2006
Served: 10 yr 9 mo

Sonia Sotomayor
6/25/1954
Barack Obama
8/8/2009
Served: 7 yr 3 mo

Elena Kagan
4/28/1960
Barack Obama
8/7/2010
Served: 6 yr 3 mo

Trump is a reality TV star. As such expect him to nominate:
-Joe Brown
-Judy Scheindlin

Reactions: 1 person
Trump is a reality TV star. As such expect him to nominate:
-Joe Brown
-Judy Scheindlin

I'd go w/Judge Judy. But then again she could be a liberal & all which I would hope that wouldn't have a play in her decision making.

Judge Joe Brown turned out to be an asshat.

Kill two birds with one stone and appoint Cruz. It would be like offering an olive branch to the gop senators while triggering every leftwing nutcase in America.

Reactions: 2 people
I believe he'll get to appoint 1 unless someone dies. I don't see any stepping down because they won't trust his decision.

This. None of the libs would step down, it would take death.

This is why my concern for him winning was less.... he'll change Obamacare, work on immigration, try to pass new tax laws, make some major budget cuts and then walk away in 4 years.

This is why my concern for him winning was less.... he'll change Obamacare, work on immigration, try to pass new tax laws, make some major budget cuts and then walk away in 4 years.

And we agree some more.

That is why the street riots and suicide on Facebook confuse me.

And we agree some more.

That is why the street riots and suicide on Facebook confuse me.

My biggest concern is him being able to act Presidential.... if he starts going off script and losing his **** on Twitter... he'all embarrass us as a nation.

I said all along if he could tone it down a little and stay off Twitter he would win. The last month he did just that and won.

I remember when the press asked Thurgood Marshall why he retired just before the election..he said he didn't think Bush the elder would lose.

My biggest concern is him being able to act Presidential.... if he starts going off script and losing his **** on Twitter... he'all embarrass us as a nation.

I said all along if he could tone it down a little and stay off Twitter he would win. The last month he did just that and won.

I saw a snippet of an interview where he intends to greatly reduce his social media communication.

The fact that there could be so many appointments is one of the main reasons he was elected IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
He replaces 1 for sure. Scalia.

Outside of that I'm betting at least none of the more liberal judges step down.

I'd be surprised right now if it's more than 1.

It's way to late to be concerned about being a laughing stock on the world stage, that distinction belongs to the current assclown in office.

Last edited:
I'm sure Ginsburg and Kennedy are eating their apple a day and making sure they take their Centrum Silver. They were probably really looking forward to retiring, now they will try to live as long as possible.

I'm sure Ginsburg and Kennedy are eating their apple a day and making sure they take their Centrum Silver. They were probably really looking forward to retiring, now they will try to live as long as possible.

apples and Centrum? I'm sure the DNC will be pumping formaldehyde enemas up their azzes daily now!

VN Store

Back