3183 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers Page 31. within the forum Politics. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2017, 05:23 PM   #451
Sin City Vol
Senior Member
 
Sin City Vol's Avatar

ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Join Date: Jan 2014
ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,129
Likes: 6,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingOutlaw View Post
They canned Hank Williams for comparing Obama to Hitler.

Rush Limbaugh was run off for saying McNabb sucked.

Schilling was fired for comparing radical
Islam to nazism and being on the wrong side of the bathroom bill.

What's the difference here?
Ok Limbaugh was fired because he said McNabb was receiving credit because he was black...while on air at ESPN.

Schilling was given numerous warnings about what he said about Muslims, Obama etc. He was fired because he did not take those warnings seriously and continued to spout off at the mouth (it's kinda what he does).

Hank Jr said of a golf outing between Obama and John Boehner.."It would be like Hitler playing golf with (Israeli leader) Benjamin Netanyahu," said Williams. He then went on to call Obama and Biden "The enemy"

I don't think what Jamele Hill said was appropriate but it's not a reason to fire her.
Sin City Vol is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #452
tumscalcium
Ano ba!
 
tumscalcium's Avatar

ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Join Date: Aug 2008
ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Location: Watching you from afar
Posts: 17,250
Likes: 13,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City Vol View Post
Ok Limbaugh was fired because he said McNabb was receiving credit because he was black...while on air at ESPN.

Schilling was given numerous warnings about what he said about Muslims, Obama etc. He was fired because he did not take those warnings seriously and continued to spout off at the mouth (it's kinda what he does).

Hank Jr said of a golf outing between Obama and John Boehner.."It would be like Hitler playing golf with (Israeli leader) Benjamin Netanyahu," said Williams. He then went on to call Obama and Biden "The enemy"

I don't think what Jamele Hill said was appropriate but it's not a reason to fire her.
Rush said McNabb was given more credit than he should receive because the media wants to see a black quarterback succeed.

That is true.

This dumb ***** directly accused the president of something he isn't. Weird, right?
tumscalcium is online now  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #453
Sin City Vol
Senior Member
 
Sin City Vol's Avatar

ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Join Date: Jan 2014
ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,129
Likes: 6,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLVOL_79 View Post
One is based in fact, the other is based on emotionally crippled and fallacious butthurt.

Let me ask you this..did Trump say ALL Mexicans are rapists and murderers?
He said "Some are good people, I guess"
Sin City Vol is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-13-2017, 05:28 PM   #454
alaVOL
ORANGE U THANKFUL
 
alaVOL's Avatar

ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Join Date: Sep 2007
ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Location: Athens, AL
Posts: 5,026
Likes: 1,260
Has been far left leaning for years. I guess they're ready for a left pride parade now.
alaVOL is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-13-2017, 05:29 PM   #455
Sin City Vol
Senior Member
 
Sin City Vol's Avatar

ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Join Date: Jan 2014
ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,129
Likes: 6,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumscalcium View Post
Rush said McNabb was given more credit than he should receive because the media wants to see a black quarterback succeed.

That is true.

This dumb ***** directly accused the president of something he isn't. Weird, right?
I'm not saying what she said was right but she didn't sit on national TV and say it. Rush flat out said that on air on ESPN. Those are 2 different scenarios
Sin City Vol is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #456
tumscalcium
Ano ba!
 
tumscalcium's Avatar

ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Join Date: Aug 2008
ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Location: Watching you from afar
Posts: 17,250
Likes: 13,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City Vol View Post
I'm not saying what she said was right but she didn't sit on national TV and say it. Rush flat out said that on air on ESPN. Those are 2 different scenarios
What Rush said is true and it he wasn't bashing anyone, really talking about the media. Not to mention this was an NFL quarterback, not the president.

A white tv host at espn says Obama is a black power, black panther, black supremacist and that host is toast.
tumscalcium is online now  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-13-2017, 05:47 PM   #457
FLVOL_79
Groovy.
 
FLVOL_79's Avatar

ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Join Date: Feb 2011
ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 21,740
Likes: 23,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City Vol View Post
He said "Some are good people, I guess"
Thats true. I mean the same can be applied to many people, like the Irish.
FLVOL_79 is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-13-2017, 06:02 PM   #458
Sin City Vol
Senior Member
 
Sin City Vol's Avatar

ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Join Date: Jan 2014
ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,129
Likes: 6,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumscalcium View Post
What Rush said is true and it he wasn't bashing anyone, really talking about the media. Not to mention this was an NFL quarterback, not the president.

A white tv host at espn says Obama is a black power, black panther, black supremacist and that host is toast.
What Rush said was his opinion and he based his opinion on the color of someone's skin. DM was a good QB who took the Eagles to 4 straight NFC Championship games and 1 Super Bowl. He was a good player and it wasn't because he was black. (Opinion)

Your 2nd statement is hypothetical...it's a what if and you're assuming what might happen
Sin City Vol is online now  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-13-2017, 06:17 PM   #459
tumscalcium
Ano ba!
 
tumscalcium's Avatar

ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Join Date: Aug 2008
ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Location: Watching you from afar
Posts: 17,250
Likes: 13,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City Vol View Post
What Rush said was his opinion and he based his opinion on the color of someone's skin. DM was a good QB who took the Eagles to 4 straight NFC Championship games and 1 Super Bowl. He was a good player and it wasn't because he was black. (Opinion)

Your 2nd statement is hypothetical...it's a what if and you're assuming what might happen
You know the second statement is correct. They fired people for far less, which has already been pointed out.

He said DM was hyped more than he shouldn't be because the media wanted a black qb to succeed. The media absolutely wants a black quarterback to succeed because they're black. You should start paying attention to things.
tumscalcium is online now  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #460
Sin City Vol
Senior Member
 
Sin City Vol's Avatar

ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Join Date: Jan 2014
ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,129
Likes: 6,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumscalcium View Post
You know the second statement is correct. They fired people for far less, which has already been pointed out.

He said DM was hyped more than he shouldn't be because the media wanted a black qb to succeed. The media absolutely wants a black quarterback to succeed because they're black. You should start paying attention to things.
They may have fired people for far less but your statement is hypothetical....it never happened so no one knows what would have been done. You're just making assumptions to try and prove your point, which you can't.

As far as the media hyping black QB's because they want a black QB to succeed..No QB in the NFL is hyped more than Tom Brady (which is deserved)

As far as college goes, I think that is different. A whole lot of college QB's are athletes running the spread. I don't pay much attention to who is hyped because basically it's whoever is running the show for the big name schools

.how would rate a QB? Wins, passing stats, TD/INT ratio??? Who is more valuable to his team?? I mean who should be hyped?? Fantasy football has changed a lot of who gets the most publicity. You get a guy like Cam or Dak who can beat with their legs and arm it's gonna get more publicity on the fantasy level.

Last edited by Sin City Vol; 09-13-2017 at 07:06 PM..
Sin City Vol is online now  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-13-2017, 09:02 PM   #461
SpaceCoastVol
Senior Member
 
SpaceCoastVol's Avatar

ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Join Date: Sep 2009
ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Location: Florida
Posts: 13,006
Likes: 7,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City Vol View Post
That doesn't make them racists...is that how you define racism?? If you bring race into a discussion where race wasn't being discussed?? It may be bias but not racist
It's a very fine line.
__________________
Where is John Galt?
SpaceCoastVol is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2017, 12:22 AM   #462
crusse10
THIS MAN IS A PERVERT
 
crusse10's Avatar

ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Join Date: Apr 2008
ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Location: Knoxville/Memphis TN
Posts: 20,431
Likes: 3,530
So if the Vols play on ESPN or SEC Network, you're skipping it?
__________________
GO PACK GO
crusse10 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2017, 12:32 AM   #463
Sin City Vol
Senior Member
 
Sin City Vol's Avatar

ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Join Date: Jan 2014
ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,129
Likes: 6,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCoastVol View Post
It's a very fine line.
No it's not... you want to play the what if game to make your point. Jamel Hill was just practicing her freedom of speech rights and you want her fired. Is freedom of speech only appropriate for things you agree with???
Sin City Vol is online now  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2017, 05:50 AM   #464
VolunteerHillbilly
Spike Drinks, Not Trees
 
VolunteerHillbilly's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2005
ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Location: Land of the free
Posts: 28,808
Likes: 3,880
I think media outlets are hedging their bets that the editorial perspective that many have chosen to follow will be more widely accepted in the future. They are still in the coastal elite echo chamber and will do whatever it takes to rationalize that they are on the right path.
VolunteerHillbilly is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-14-2017, 06:01 AM   #465
burntorangeVOLffle
Senior Member
 
burntorangeVOLffle's Avatar

ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Join Date: Jul 2008
ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers ESPN Gets Political, Loses 621,000 Subscribers
Posts: 9,766
Likes: 3,799
Hey it's this thread again.
burntorangeVOLffle is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.