Tax Plan comparison

Can someone in the know explain the difference in static revenue and dynamic revenue? And if red is bad or good in reference to that chart?

Can someone in the know explain the difference in static revenue and dynamic revenue? And if red is bad or good in reference to that chart?
Static revenue is scoring assuming there is no change in consumer behavior based on a tax decrease for example. They lower a tax from 50% to 25% and assume that there will be a 25% loss in tax revenue for that item.

Dynamic , on the other hand, takes into account that consumers change behavior , and will buy more of the item, if it is cheaper, and forecasts a different number for tax revenue.

An example would be a heavy tax on cigarettes, which in a static revenue forecast should result in more tax revenue. In a dynamic revenue forecast, the total revenue would be different, because fewer cigarettes would probably be bought.

Static revenue estimates the direct impact that tax law change has in revenue. Dynamic revenue estimates the impact of the tax change plus the effect it has on taxpayer behavior and economic activity.

Edit: 1972 beat me

Reactions: 1 person
They are basically saying that Hillary's plan adds more revenue to the government, but Trump's plan adds jobs and growth.

They are basically saying that Hillary's plan adds more revenue to the government, but Trump's plan adds jobs and growth.

If Hillary really does achieve -2.6% GDP growth over 10 years, she's going to need way more than $1.4T in government earnings to pay for bailouts.

Last edited:
Its plain as day. Cut taxes = increase jobs, increase incomes.

Raise taxes, kill jobs (poor democrats!), lower incomes, increase government dependency. I guess that works pretty good for Democrats..gotta keep their sheeple sucking at the tit.

Nobel Prize winning Economist Paul Krugman has called Tax Foundation a fraud. I'll go with this:

Hillary Clinton correctly cites outside analyses of Trump's tax plan | PolitiFact

I do not know who this Krugman guy is but I know the Tax Foundation is a Conservative website. If people do a little research they also do not include all the factors needed to get the correct numbers.

Tax Foundation propaganda revealed, again: Moran | NJ.com

Economist's View: "The Greek Menace"

Forbes Welcome

I am by no means a tax expert or claim to be, so I used google to see where they stand and these were fairly quick article to find out they're not that legit.

Its impossible to create economic growth without those who invest getting rich. If Democrats think they can I would like to see it. You tax the rich and they will sit on their cash and the economy will founder like its done for the past 4 years. You can give it a name like "trickle down" if you want but facts don't change. Its not a question IF this works to create growth its the only way to create growth. Anyone who thinks the government increasing taxes on the rich to create construction jobs building infrastructure is not playing with a full deck.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back