Looks Like Phillippines Is Going Over To China's Side

A cop ran over a bunch of anti US protesters yesterday, which makes no sense because police are with Duterte and Duterte is anti US

That president is cray-cray.

Seems that way...I forget can we drone foreign heads of states or only Wikileaks' founders?
Under-Intense-Pressure-to-Silence-Wikileaks-Secretary-of-State-Hillary-Clinton-Proposed-Drone-Strike-on-Julian-Assange.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Won't happen. He'll be out on his ear if he goes much farther down this road.

Anyone ever been to the Philippines??? That place would be amazing to retire to

Yes I have. I really enjoyed my time there. I met a couple Flipinas on Guam and went to PI with them a couple times. The only people I had a negative interaction with were some teenagers that called me the n-word. I thought it was hilarious. Everyone was great and I'd love to go again. I don't know what's up with this guy though.

Anyone ever been to the Philippines??? That place would be amazing to retire to

You could have a live in "maid", grounds keepers who cut the grass with scissors, and multiple young "masseuse's" for like $20 a month..

And all the Lumpia you could stand!

The backstory is that he's the Philippines "Trump" on steroids. The country is already ran into the ground, so he can't really run it into the ground, but he will end up with a bullet inside his body in the not too distant future.

Reactions: 3 people
The backstory is that he's the Philippines "Trump" on steroids. The country is already ran into the ground, so he can't really run it into the ground, but he will end up with a bullet inside his body in the not too distant future.

Clinton associate?

Reactions: 2 people

shocked I tell you shocked. and no one actually learned from China's long history of falling through on the bribes? at least we follow through and wait 20 years before forcibly removing you. China just skips the middle man. promises these mega projects, breaks ground on them, and then funding dries up and the admin is left holding the bag. that admin usually bows out and then the local leader of the mega project gains a lot more power; grants China even more rights and then China halfway completes the mega project.

I can't think of any of these mega projects China has completed outside of its borders. Did they ever build those pipelines to/from Russia?

looks like Russia started construction early this year with China set to begin in June. didn't see any updates there yet.

So whats our current military presence there? With missiles it's probably not as important to have a place to dock ships as it was 50 years age, but it would be an asset to have one in the area. I don't think Indonesia or Brunei are options, not sure they want the criticism or even need the monetary support.

So whats our current military presence there? With missiles it's probably not as important to have a place to dock ships as it was 50 years age, but it would be an asset to have one in the area. I don't think Indonesia or Brunei are options, not sure they want the criticism or even need the monetary support.

We've had around 100 advisors there, helping them combat the Islamic extremist problem in their south. The Philippines had offered us multiple sites for a new naval base, including Subic Bay (the historical one), but that was under previous rational leadership. I assume those are probably now on permanent halt.

As a positive note, we are now de facto allies with Vietnam. It's a hell of a time you're living in when the most pro-American country on Earth no longer wants you but the one that you fought a brutal war against just four decades ago now wants to cozy up.

Reactions: 2 people
We've had around 100 advisors there, helping them combat the Islamic extremist problem in their south. The Philippines had offered us multiple sites for a new naval base, including Subic Bay (the historical one), but that was under previous rational leadership. I assume those are probably now on permanent halt.

As a positive note, we are now de facto allies with Vietnam. It's a hell of a time you're living in when the most pro-American country on Earth no longer wants you but the one that you fought a brutal war against just four decades ago now wants to cozy up.

Vietnam is a case of staying the eff away from somewhere and letting them figure their ish out on their own. Even though still nominally communist they have a lot of capitalistic tendencies.

Well it's like the Nobel prize winning Bob Dylan said, "The Time's They Are a Changin" :)

VN Store

Back