9th Circuit Court REQUIRES Pro Life Pregnancy Groups To Promote Abortion

Franklin Pierce

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has upheld a law requiring pro-life pregnancy groups to promote abortion.

A three-judge panel upheld a state law which requires crisis pregnancy centers, some of which are religiously-affiliated and exist expressly to steer women away from abortion, to provide their patients information about abortion services available elsewhere. The bill was supported by California Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro Choice America.

Read more: 9th Circuit: Pro Life Groups Must Promote Abortion | The Daily Caller

Is this the circuit court known for rulings being reversed once the higher court reviews?

In the belief of those affected by this law, if they comply, they would be considered accomplices in murder. That seems like a just ruling.

As I thot:

"Interestingly, this comparison of reversal rates reveals that the Federal Circuit has the highest reversal rate at about 83.33%, and the Ninth Circuit has the second highest reversal rate at 80%. The Seventh Circuit has the lowest reversal rate at 55.26%. The median reversal rate is 68.29%."
Supreme Court Reversal Rates: Evaluating ... - American Bar ...

I use to be pro choice until I fully understood what abortion is.... it's really disgusting what we have tricked ourselves into believing is ok.

Reactions: 4 people
I could understand them requiring the centers to have information if asked. but requiring they give out information to everyone that walks through the door is way too much.

As I thot:

"Interestingly, this comparison of reversal rates reveals that the Federal Circuit has the highest reversal rate at about 83.33%, and the Ninth Circuit has the second highest reversal rate at 80%. The Seventh Circuit has the lowest reversal rate at 55.26%. The median reversal rate is 68.29%."
Supreme Court Reversal Rates: Evaluating ... - American Bar ...

once hillary nominates another marxist to the court, that will no longer be the case.

Reactions: 1 person
You guys. If the decision even came close to what the headline read I would be against it. However, the decision and the law state "The most effective way to ensure that women quickly obtain the information and services they need to make and implement timely reproductive decisions is to require licensed health care facilities that are unable to immediately enroll patients into the Family PACT or Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women Medi-Cal programs to advise each patient at the time of her visit of the various publicly funded family planning and pregnancy-related resources available in California, and the manner in which to directly and efficiently access those resources."

In other words, if the facility is unable to enroll them in freebie programs they must advise of the existence of freebie programs. Is this another example of the liberal media or is this the conservative spin now?

Reactions: 2 people
You guys. If the decision even came close to what the headline read I would be against it. However, the decision and the law state "The most effective way to ensure that women quickly obtain the information and services they need to make and implement timely reproductive decisions is to require licensed health care facilities that are unable to immediately enroll patients into the Family PACT or Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women Medi-Cal programs to advise each patient at the time of her visit of the various publicly funded family planning and pregnancy-related resources available in California, and the manner in which to directly and efficiently access those resources."

In other words, if the facility is unable to enroll them in freebie programs they must advise of the existence of freebie programs. Is this another example of the liberal media or is this the conservative spin now?

There are approximately 150 crisis pregnancy nonprofits in California affected by the law. The law requires:

A public notice posted in a conspicuous place where individuals wait that may be easily read by those seeking services from the facility. The notice shall be at least 8.5 inches by 11 inches and written in no less than 22-point type.

A printed notice distributed to all clients in no less than 14-point type.

A digital notice distributed to all clients that can be read at the time of check-in or arrival, in the same point type as other digital disclosures. A printed notice as described in subparagraph (B) shall be available for all clients who cannot or do not wish to receive the information in a digital format.

Read more: 9th Circuit: Pro Life Groups Must Promote Abortion | The Daily Caller

the bolded part is what gets me. again its one thing to require them have information available but requiring its provided at check in is too much.

CWV, a question for you and/or LG. Or any other legal type that wants to check in.

Why is there such a massive overturn rate on some Circuit Court decisions? Are the justices in those places just that horrible they can't get it right?

Why are you against advising people of their option to enroll in free government programs?

are the abortion facilities required to give out pamphlets for the pro-life clinics?

as I said I think they should be required to have the information available upon request, even if its not direct request. but being required to give it out at a clinic that is specifically pro-life is wrong.

I am for people looking into their options on their own and not depending on the government to tell them their options. this is a big life choice; requiring that only one side is provided is wrong and slanted. its not about giving these women their options, its about making sure they are bombarded enough to think its the only option. "if the pro-life clinic is telling me to kill my baby, maybe I should kill my baby". if you can't see how this is unfairly slanting the information out there I don't know what to say.

are the abortion facilities required to give out pamphlets for the pro-life clinics?

as I said I think they should be required to have the information available upon request, even if its not direct request. but being required to give it out at a clinic that is specifically pro-life is wrong.

I am for people looking into their options on their own and not depending on the government to tell them their options. this is a big life choice; requiring that only one side is provided is wrong and slanted. its not about giving these women their options, its about making sure they are bombarded enough to think its the only option. "if the pro-life clinic is telling me to kill my baby, maybe I should kill my baby". if you can't see how this is unfairly slanting the information out there I don't know what to say.

These aren't abortion pamphlets. It is simply a notice that there are freebie programs out there.

Reactions: 2 people
CWV, a question for you and/or LG. Or any other legal type that wants to check in.

Why is there such a massive overturn rate on some Circuit Court decisions? Are the justices in those places just that horrible they can't get it right?

I haven't seen the actual stats so I can't say. It may be that the judges in the 9th are taking on more cutting edge cases. I just can't say without some more info. From the stats given in this thread, posters have leaped to the conclusion that it is liberal judges pushing a liberal agenda. We don't even know what types of cases are overturned. For instance, I would imagine that the 9th has more tech cases are those being overturned?

I haven't seen the actual stats so I can't say. It may be that the judges in the 9th are taking on more cutting edge cases. I just can't say without some more info. From the stats given in this thread, posters have leaped to the conclusion that it is liberal judges pushing a liberal agenda. We don't even know what types of cases are overturned. For instance, I would imagine that the 9th has more tech cases are those being overturned?

I was hoping McDad might have linked them. But he listed the stats earlier.

McDad, about time you actually did something useful and posted a link.

Link.

There ya go, Chief.

Here's additional links which appeal to lawyer types:

gallery_golf_sports_club.jpg

VN Store

Back