Just Where IS the GOP Headed?

MT LeConte

The crowd (enough to win elections) isn't going to move way Right. It isn't going to join the Trump-Duke faction. How are they going to put together enough bodies to be competitive?

They are obviously going to have to come across better to minorities and women. Probably ease away from anti abortion. Come up with an insurance plan. Abandon trickle down. Strengthen Social Security. See where I'm going here? They're going to have to become more (gulp!) liberal.

What do you think?

Reactions: 5 people
The crowd (enough to win elections) isn't going to move way Right. It isn't going to join the Trump-Duke faction. How are they going to put together enough bodies to be competitive?

They are obviously going to have to come across better to minorities and women. Probably ease away from anti abortion. Come up with an insurance plan. Abandon trickle down. Strengthen Social Security. See where I'm going here? They're going to have to become more (gulp!) liberal.

What do you think?

19 Trillion in debt suggests everyone has been liberal for decades.

Reactions: 6 people
Not entirely, wars and tax cuts caused a lot of that. Especially cutting taxes and starting wars at the same time.

That's your reality. It fits your world view. No sense in debating it. It isn't my reality and not my worldview.

Wanna see how far down the liberal drain we are? ...JFK a Democrat icon cut taxes, almost got us into war with Russia, and his most famous quote was, "ask not what your country",...you know the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

What do you think?

Wow, an original thought post instead of your normal trolling nonsense? Who would have thought that...?

They are obviously going to have to come across better to minorities and women.

Exactly what are they not doing right now? Or are you just regurgitating the MSM nonsense?

Probably ease away from anti abortion.

Not been an issue this election at all except the times it's been brought up by the DNC.

Come up with an insurance plan.

Already did that in 2009 when it was shot down by the DNC who refused to even discuss compromise before they decided to ram the ACA right up America's backside.

Abandon trickle down.

Can you even point to where anyone's plan has this listed? Or even define trickle down in your own words?

Strengthen Social Security.

How about neither party has been good at this? Point out any politician running for President over the past 20 years that has a plan to fix it.

No, I really don't see where you're going with this. You claim the GOP has to be "better" for women and minorities. However, can you even point to anything the DNC has done except use those two very same groups to get elected and then ignore them until the next election time by making promises they won't keep and turning the GOP into the boogeyman?

What do I think? I think you should probably find this thing called "reality" and understand the DNC is just as bad as the GOP in the majority of things.

Reactions: 3 people
That's your reality. It fits your world view. No sense in debating it. It isn't my reality and not my worldview.

Wanna see how far down the liberal drain we are? ...JFK a Democrat icon cut taxes, almost got us into war with Russia, and hosting most famous quote was, "ask not what you",...you know the rest.

In your world view how do you pay for two wars if you cut taxes which Bush did? If you remember he ran the wars off budget and paid for them by appropriations.

Reactions: 7 people
Wow, an original thought post instead of your normal trolling nonsense? Who would have thought that...?

Exactly what are they not doing right now? Or are you just regurgitating the MSM nonsense?

Not been an issue this election at all except the times it's been brought up by the DNC.

Already did that in 2009 when it was shot down by the DNC who refused to even discuss compromise before they decided to ram the ACA right up America's backside.

Can you even point to where anyone's plan has this listed? Or even define trickle down in your own words?

How about neither party has been good at this? Point out any politician running for President over the past 20 years that has a plan to fix it.

No, I really don't see where you're going with this. You claim the GOP has to be "better" for women and minorities. However, can you even point to anything the DNC has done except use those two very same groups to get elected and then ignore them until the next election time by making promises they won't keep and turning the GOP into the boogeyman?

What do I think? I think you should probably find this thing called "reality" and understand the DNC is just as bad as the GOP in the majority of things.

I don't know how they could reach out to minorities, just about anything they say is twisted.

Only way to really strengthen SS without massive tax increases is offer some form of privatization.

In your world view how do you pay for two wars if you cut taxes which Bush did? If you remember he ran the wars off budget and paid for them by appropriations.

Are we living in a fantasy land where my ideas become policy? If so, I'll answer. If you want to debate, go sniff up some other dude's skirt.

Reactions: 2 people

You haven't answered my question yet. Where is the GOP headed? What's next?

Reactions: 1 person
You haven't answered my question yet. Where is the GOP headed? What's next?

No, your post brought up clarification questions. You have to answer them before a thoughtful response can be given.

So, either clarify or resort to trolling as usual.

The only time the Federal government's spending decreased was under Clinton when Newt ran congress. No Republican or Democrat has reduced spending...which, to me, is the best indicator of who is for and against big government.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back