If You're Not Christian Conservative Raise Your Hand

MT LeConte

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ut-non-christian-conservatives-at-iowa-rally/

"Are there any q****s in the theatre tonight?
Get 'em up against the wall!
There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me

That one looks Jewish and that one's a coon
Who let all this riff raff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint and another with spots
If I had my way I'd have all of you shot"

Reactions: 2 people
Same - honestly this obsession with blowing up every comment he makes is absurd.

True.

It's not like either of the candidates are involved in serious scandals that directly effect the American people to worry about or anything...

Reactions: 1 person
So the Islamic council, who probably had zero members in attendance and would never have known of this exchange if not for reporters, is offended. I heard an apt summation:

Those voting for Trump take him seriously but not literally.

Those not voting for Trump take him literally but not seriously.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ut-non-christian-conservatives-at-iowa-rally/

"Are there any q****s in the theatre tonight?
There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me

That one looks Jewish and that one's a coon
Who let all this riff raff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint and another with spots
If I had my way I'd have all of you shot"

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8urkDqSoc54[/youtube]

Outside of the hair, this looks like a typical Trump rally.

Trump was making a joke. So was I.

But don't think everything these two candidates say won't be magnified. Donald just steps in **** more often than Hillary.

Same - honestly this obsession with blowing up every comment he makes is absurd.

You don't find it just a little funny that Trump wants to point out the non christian conservatives - when he himself is neither christian or conservative?

I think it's hilarious.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Eh, he was just having a bit of fun with the audience. The best part of the whole deal is Trump up there as a non-Christian, non-conservative.

You don't find it just a little funny that Trump wants to point out the non christian conservatives - when he himself is neither christian or conservative?

I think it's hilarious.

I honestly don't think he puts that much thought into what comes out of his mouth.

This wasn't calculated. You could insert any majority characteristic of the crowd.

"If you are a University of Iowa fan raise your hand. If you aren't a University of Iowa fan raise your hand - what do you think should we let them stay? We'll let them stay"

Trump was making a joke. So was I.

But don't think everything these two candidates say won't be magnified. Donald just steps in **** more often than Hillary.

Glad you clarified - now I can continue to read your posts without thinking you are insane. :)

So the Islamic council, who probably had zero members in attendance and would never have known of this exchange if not for reporters, is offended. I heard an apt summation:

Those voting for Trump take him seriously but not literally.

Those not voting for Trump take him literally but not seriously.

Yep, that's about right.

One thing I find fascinating is how Trump supporters actively fill in the blanks for him. We all know he rarely provides any substance and his comments are often all over the place. Still, folks will consume what he offers up and gap-fill/translate into reasonable points. It happens on here fairly often.

I think this is likely due to him being a non-politician, and folks take that into consideration with what he says. If his points come across vague or incomplete the extrapolation games begin.

And it happens both ways with him. Supporters fill in with positives, opponents negatives.

One thing I find fascinating is how Trump supporters actively fill in the blanks for him. We all know he rarely provides any substance and his comments are often all over the place. Still, folks will consume what he offers up and gap-fill/translate into reasonable points. It happens on here fairly often.

I think this is likely due to him being a non-politician, and folks take that into consideration with what he says. If his points come across vague or incomplete the extrapolation games begin.

And it happens both ways with him. Supporters fill in with positives, opponents negatives.

Yep - I think his supporters are buying into his potential as someone that will "straight talk" and isn't beholden to the Washington Machine. I don't think the details matter. It's the focus on themes - illegal immigration, America first, law and order. He is a symbol.

For Hillary supporters I think they simply ignore or rationalize her serious character flaws.

I think there are more Trump supporters than Hillary supporters but there are more stop Trump voters than stop Hillary voters.

A month ago I thought this election was done deal. I'm not sure now but would still put my money on HC.

Yep - I think his supporters are buying into his potential as someone that will "straight talk" and isn't beholden to the Washington Machine. I don't think the details matter. It's the focus on themes - illegal immigration, America first, law and order. He is a symbol.

For Hillary supporters I think they simply ignore or rationalize her serious character flaws.

I think there are more Trump supporters than Hillary supporters but there are more stop Trump voters than stop Hillary voters.

A month ago I thought this election was done deal. I'm not sure now but would still put my money on HC.

I've yet to see a single Hillary sign or sticker and I live in a heavily Democratic city. Contrast that with having seen several Trump yard signs, stickers, and a billboard. Now I'm not saying that indicates anything but there were plenty of people in this town with Obama stickers and signs when he ran.

Great point about rationalization going on with Clinton, and I think you're right about the distribution of 'stop' voters.

I'm leaning toward a Trump win because I think he stands the most to gain and least to lose through the debates. His expectations are so low (non-politician) that he can "lose" the debates and take little damage. If he actually "wins" one then evacuate the streets and find cover. Trump express on the way.

I'm not sure if minimal substance/vagueness is intentional strategy or not, but it very well may work for him. I don't think it would for any traditional candidate.

Great point about rationalization going on with Clinton, and I think you're right about the distribution of 'stop' voters.

I'm leaning toward a Trump win because I think he stands the most to gain and least to lose through the debates. His expectations are so low (non-politician) that he can "lose" the debates and take little damage. If he actually "wins" one then evacuate the streets and find cover. Trump express on the way.

I'm not sure if minimal substance/vagueness is intentional strategy or not, but it very well may work for him. I don't think it would for any traditional candidate.

past election history is out the window for sure on this one.

I prefer Trump over Clinton since I believe it hastens the much needed political revolution/reset for the country. A Clinton win further entrenches the corrupt party system and keeps the country without real hope of a break in the system.

VN Store

Back