Senate overwhelmingly overrides Obama veto in Saudi Arabia suit

It opens up the floodgates for people in other countries to sue our officials.

What's stopping them from doing that now?

However, do these people think they'll actually get money from Saudi Arabia? What do they hope to accomplish? Just annoy people?

Reactions: 2 people
What's stopping them from doing that now?

However, do these people think they'll actually get money from Saudi Arabia? What do they hope to accomplish? Just annoy people?

They can win in a case then have Saudi assets frozen.

For once I agree with Obama and Harry Reid, and apparently no one else in the entire Senate. I feel dirty.

Congress finally did something right, shocking.

To be fair this most recent congress has supposedly been one of the most productive in history..means a lot of stuff is going on Obama's desk to get the pen..

Weird he would Veto something exposing islam though...

Reactions: 1 person
Two thoughts - snarky first - wonder if the Saudis will recall Hiliary's campaign donations?

But this probably goes back to something like the Geneva Convention regarding civility during war and humane treatment of prisoners. Don't start something that could come back and haunt you - especially if you have just unilaterally eliminated the means to prevent the backlash.

The next time the Air Force launches a drone strike on a terrorists home in Pakistan and kills his entire family expect there to be a $500 million lawsuit.

Reactions: 4 people
The next time the Air Force launches a drone strike on a terrorists home in Pakistan and kills his entire family expect there to be a $500 million lawsuit.

They already give them money.

It's a political statement, nothing more. It won't go anywhere as no one will challenge the sovereign immunity of a country. It's a safe vote in that it looks like you support 9/11 victims but in reality you know nothing will come of it.

Reactions: 2 people
They already give them money.

It's a political statement, nothing more. It won't go anywhere as no one will challenge the sovereign immunity of a country. It's a safe vote in that it looks like you support 9/11 victims but in reality you know nothing will come of it.

That's where I'm at.

VN Store

Back