why are private prisons bad

joevol320

hillary praised getting rid of private prisons. insinuating that the private prisons are the ones who are convicting criminals and sending them to prison.

last i check, prisons are not judges, juries or police. they don't arrest people, or convict them or sentence them.

she's saying that federal gov run prison will lead to less crime and convictions and fewer blacks in prison.

The question is irrelevant. The DOJ stated a month or so ago, (I posted the link) that they would no longer fund private prisons.

Hillary was playing along to something she already knows is going to happen.

i know they already announced that. i'm asking if a fed run prison will lead to less convictions and crime.

do you think that a federally run prison will result in less convictions and arrest for crimes committed by black, whites or hispanics.

i know they already announced that. i'm asking if a fed run prison will lead to less convictions and crime.

do you think that a federally run prison will result in less convictions and arrest for crimes committed by black, whites or hispanics.

No. I don't think so either.

Prisons will fill faster and less will be placed in them.

Indeed. They actually have capacity quotas built into their government contracts.

Having been in the design and construction business all my life, I can truthfully say that there has not been one, not one, building built for public institutional use in America that did not have an maximum occupancy (capacity) in the contract. And the federal government will, in the project specifications put out for bid, specify the maximum occupancy.

Mr. Fed Man: We now need a 500 bed maximum security prison.

Mr. Prison Operator: We can do that.

Mr. Builder: I see occupancy has been referenced several times in the bid documents, specificatons, attachments, and in particular the addendum where it was changed to 500 beds. The AIA 101A (American Institute of Architects Standard Agreement Berween Owner and Contractor) has 500 as the stipulated occupancy also. Is this a firm number?

Mr. Fed Man: Yes.

So you see chirren, unless the current and past administrations have let serious breach of federal contracting procedures occur, the prison operators don't tell their boss how many beds they get to fill.

Yet places like Chicago have rampant crime. Mass incarceration is a liberal buzzword.

Mass incarceration solves nothing. It sends people to criminal college to prefect their craft.

Funny how you say come back with a liberal buzzword response and reference rampant crime in Chicago.

Reactions: 2 people
Ask yourself this.... If crime is down, why are our prisons full?

Hint. Crime aint down

No **** capt obvious, all they did was change the way the statistics are gathered. But look where crime is up, liberal run cities that have turned into cesspools.

In either case private prisons are not the answer.

No **** capt obvious, all they did was change the way the statistics are gathered. But look where crime is up, liberal run cities that have turned into cesspools.

why aren't they the answer?

do you think a fed run prison will suddenly solve the crime problem?

this is just miss-placed blame. changing from a private prison to a fed prison will not decrease or increase crime.

it's silly to think that changing from private prison to fed run prison will decrease crime.

Maybe not. But Id venture that they are more cost effective than a government ran prison.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe not. But Id venture that they are more cost effective than a government ran prison.

Maybe but cost shouldn't always be the main concern. heck the Pinkertons were probably more cost effective than the FBI.

The question is irrelevant. The DOJ stated a month or so ago, (I posted the link) that they would no longer fund private prisons.

Hillary was playing along to something she already knows is going to happen.
I have stock in one company that runs prisons. It is called GEO. After the gov announced that they wanted to stop contracting the work out, my $35 a share stock dropped to $16 in a day. That day cost me almost $10,000. It has since regained about 40% of that back. The federal prisons that they run account for about 12% of their business. They have local and state contracts also.

I have stock in one company that runs prisons. It is called GEO. After the gov announced that they wanted to stop contracting the work out, my $35 a share stock dropped to $16 in a day. That day cost me almost $10,000. It has since regained about 40% of that back. The federal prisons that they run account for about 12% of their business. They have local and state contracts also.

Wow

There goes my Porsche.

Reactions: 3 people
Wow

There goes my Porsche.
I think it will regain most of its former value. It is a REIT (real estate investment trust) that paid about a 7% dividend at its former value. The dividend has stayed the same, so now it's about 10%, based on today's price. People will still invest in it, unless they lose all their contracts.

VN Store

Back