Officer Betty Shelby Charged w/1st Degree Manslaughter

As a cop, this is the right call.

It's unfortunate for everyone involved but, it's the right call.

Reactions: 1 person
As a cop, this is the right call.

It's unfortunate for everyone involved but, it's the right call.

You're a cop? You're starting to hang out here more and I enjoy your commentary in other forums so I feel the need to tell you that I like cops and I think most of them are good people but I'm also really hard on bad cops* and might come across as anti-cop at some point. Head's up.

*Just like I'm hard on any public servant who misbehaves

from the video 3 other cops were there so no need to gun him down imo -- stupid woman should probably never have been on the force, but thats labor laws for you

You're a cop? You're starting to hang out here more and I enjoy your commentary in other forums so I feel the need to tell you that I like cops and I think most of them are good people but I'm also really hard on bad cops* and might come across as anti-cop at some point. Head's up.

You said hard on.

Reactions: 2 people
It looks like she probably should face charges. It's a terrible situation. It won't be long before we'll hear of a cop getting shot because he hesitated a moment too long.

from the video 3 other cops were there so no need to gun him down imo -- stupid woman should probably never have been on the force, but thats labor laws for you

I thought the other officers showed great restraint by not firing their weapons once she fired.

Yes, I just gave credit to cops, shocking I know.

It looks like she probably should face charges. It's a terrible situation. It won't be long before we'll hear of a cop getting shot because he hesitated a moment too long.

By sheer odds, that's likely to happen no matter what kind of police/community relations exist.

So do you think labor laws are why most female cops have their job?

no, most are qualified but there are laws that force some depts to have x amount of women on the force -- my ex gf made it all the way to Captain -- I dont know about this one but from the video she just doesnt look qualified to be a cop

I recall something about the guy having PCP. I think they were waiting on toxicology as to whether he was under the influence of it.

So do you think labor laws are why most female cops have their job?

Lol..Yes. And being PC. Literally the only reason women are even in the military as well. Different physical standards and requirements and..if they give birth they can stay fat as hell because you know..babies..stress..

Reactions: 2 people
I thought the other officers showed great restraint by not firing their weapons once she fired.

Yes, I just gave credit to cops, shocking I know.

So what if one of the male cops would have tried to take over the situation from her before she shot him ?

I lurk in the Politics forum more than I post but thanks.

If you're anti-cop or not, it's your choice. I'm not here to change hearts and minds, just offer what insight I have. I try to be informed of what it is I'm speaking on but I am by no means an expert, though I'm working on that :).

VN Store

Back