Proof of oppression

OrangeWayOfLife

Can anyone point me to a legitimate example of oppression on blacks in America? I always hear the complaint of oppression but never a regulation or law, just "we being oppressed". So I'm wondering what statutes are promoting this vast sense of oppression.

Reactions: 2 people
It's not necessarily the statutes. It is the application from the people in power. A recent example is the black farmers case against the dept. Of Agriculture.

Most of this "oppression" talk seems to be pertaining to the police and their methods for dealing with situations dealing with black people vs white people. I think we have tried our best to get rid of laws that encourage oppression. But anytime you have potentially biased or outright hate filled goons charged with the task of "cleaning up the community", there will be a chance of oppression. Police are people and people have biases. It would be difficult for them to completely divorce their biases from their work.

Reactions: 1 person
The only area that can be even remotely pointed to for "institutional" racism is interactions with police, but you still have the problem of fellow black people (and Democrats)in charge of these "institutions" through which this racism flows (in most urban scenarios). Officers, chiefs of police, mayor, council members, advisory boards, representatives...

Reactions: 3 people
The only area that can be even remotely pointed to for "institutional" racism is interactions with police, but you still have the problem of fellow black people (and Democrats)in charge of these "institutions" through which this racism flows (in most urban scenarios). Officers, chiefs of police, mayor, council members, advisory boards, representatives...

Is there factual evidence to back this up or is it solely perception spun from the race baiters in the media?

That only speaks to the settlement, what were the oppressive actions. I even went to their website and couldn't find what exactly the discrimitory actions were.

I honestly don't remember the details. My best recollection is that the USDA was discriminatory in lending to black farmers compared to white farmers.

I honestly don't remember the details. My best recollection is that the USDA was discriminatory in lending to black farmers compared to white farmers.

if it were truly oppressive why are the details so hard to find, why isn't it a talking point of BLM and their ilk, I'm wanting actual, fact based, examples.

If this country is so oppressive and racist why is it so hard find legitimate examples? I thought oppression was running rampant.

Is there factual evidence to back this up or is it solely perception spun from the race baiters in the media?

Surprising New Evidence Shows Bias in Police Use of Force but Not in Shootings - NYTimes.com

You may have seen this Harvard study already. It shows that police bias is present for use of force with the exception being deadly force. So it is good that the bias doesn't factor in when police kill someone, but it is still a problem for the other forms of force. This, to me, shows that some people can have a legitimate claim of oppression in one small area of our daily lives. That does not mean that our country is oppressive, however.

Surprising New Evidence Shows Bias in Police Use of Force but Not in Shootings - NYTimes.com

You may have seen this Harvard study already. It shows that police bias is present for use of force with the exception being deadly force. So it is good that the bias doesn't factor in when police kill someone, but it is still a problem for the other forms of force. This, to me, shows that some people can have a legitimate claim of oppression in one small area of our daily lives. That does not mean that our country is oppressive, however.

Does this study account for behavior?

Reactions: 3 people

Even if this is true, how is it holding anyone back? If you have a poor run in with the police, it sucks. But how does one run in with ththe cops translate to oppression on everyday life? If you are having multiple run ins with the police you are making poor decisions, not that the systems is oppressing you.

Even if this is true, how is it holding anyone back? If you have a poor run in with the police, it sucks. But how does one run in with ththe cops translate to oppression on everyday life? If you are having multiple run ins with the police you are making poor decisions, not that the systems is oppressing you.

If you're looking for widespread, systematic, institutional oppression, you won't find it. And your point is made.

Reactions: 4 people
If you're looking for widespread, systematic, institutional oppression, you won't find it. And your point is made.

You will never rid the world of "oppressive" or racist people, but there is 0 evidence of systematic racism or oppression in America. The lying needs to stop and we need to quit letting these Alinsky leftists spread false narratives of what America is and what she stands for.

I would post definitive proof of oppression but the wife wont let me post pics of her.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back