Homeland Security in charge of election?

If people voting go through the same screening process as airline passengers, im all for it. Oops...you'll need an ID.

Reactions: 6 people
So, our election will mirror the Crimea vote to rejoin Russia...that our government and media bashed.

Interesting..

Reactions: 2 people
If people voting go through the same screening process as airline passengers, im all for it. Oops...you'll need an ID.

....an ironic dichotomy indeed. You need an ID to go past a certain point at an airport, but not to subvert the government with an illegal vote.

Reactions: 2 people
....an ironic dichotomy indeed. You need an ID to go past a certain point at an airport, but not to subvert the government with an illegal vote.

It shouldn't be more difficult for me to go to best buy and make a purchase with my credit card than to cast a vote for the president of the United States of America. It just shouldn't. Cue the usual "that's racist" or "this is disenfranchisement of minorities" the typical bull**** arguments. It's really not, it's common sense. How hard is it to get ID card past the age of 18? I'm sure I'll get pushback on this from the usual suspects.

Reactions: 1 person
Let loose the conspiracy loons!!

even as pro government as I am, how does more government involvement help the election process? especially when this agency has admitted to fudging the truth so Obama can stomach security reports better?

Election security is simple, go to paper ballots everywhere and every voter puts their last 4 on the ballot. No need for homeland security.

Woo!!

even as pro government as I am, how does more government involvement help the election process? especially when this agency has admitted to fudging the truth so Obama can stomach security reports better?

I think this is using federal cyber security to prevent hacking.

And what people need to understand is that there is already a TON of government involvement in running elections. I mean, who do you think sets up the polls, pays the workers, collects and counts the ballots, and publishes the results? But of course the far right screech machine makes it sound like there is something ominous about using the feds to help keep the system free of cyber tampering.

And what people need to understand is that there is already a TON of government involvement in running elections. I mean, who do you think sets up the polls, pays the workers, collects and counts the ballots, and publishes the results? But of course the far right screech machine makes it sound like there is something ominous about using the feds to help keep the system free of cyber tampering.

County and state election commissions.

That's the problem, the Feds suck at cyber security. Thousands of attacks happen everyday, only a few make it through. I happened to get a letter from OPM that my personal data along with 21 million others had been hacked. So don't tell me I'm not allowed to screech about the gov't fkn sh!t up.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back