free speech zones and..

joevol320

free speech allotted times on college campuses.... it's just unbelievable how far country has fallen.

this is what you marxist/liberals consider progress?

Reactions: 5 people
free speech allotted times on college campuses.... it's just unbelievable how far country has fallen.

this is what you marxist/liberals consider progress?

What's wrong with free speech? Why do you hate America?

Reactions: 7 people
Dude none of the threads you start make sense. What are you trying to say? Maybe you conservative/ Republican/ fascist should graduate college more often.

Reactions: 7 people
With what, African American Studies or women's Lit so conservatives can be educated? Lol

I'm sure you don't know how college works so I'll tell you. Any degree you get will start with a base set of classes everyone has to take. Anyone who earns any degree will be way more educated than someone sitting home posting memes on Facebook.

Why do you bash AA studies and Women's studies every time someone discusses degrees? Are you a racist or a sexist or something? You are aware AA studies is basically a history degree and Women's lit is an English degree? There are several history degrees and English degrees available. Why single the two of many? Jealous that people with those degrees are better educated and probably better paid than you? Must suck to be so jealous and hateful.

I'm sure you don't know how college works so I'll tell you. Any degree you get will start with a base set of classes everyone has to take. Anyone who earns any degree will be way more educated than someone sitting home posting memes on Facebook.

Why do you bash AA studies and Women's studies every time someone discusses degrees? Are you a racist or a sexist or something? You are aware AA studies is basically a history degree and Women's lit is an English degree? There are several history degrees and English degrees available. Why single the two of many? Jealous that people with those degrees are better educated and probably better paid than you? Must suck to be so jealous and hateful.

History and literature degrees are a great way to make saying "do you want your receipt in the bag?" a part of your everyday routine.

Do they offer a Caucasian American degree?

Any degree you get will start with a base set of classes everyone has to take. Anyone who earns any degree will be way more educated than someone sitting home posting memes on Facebook.
ul.

That is a retarded statement.

Also, AA and women's studies majors will most likely spend their life paying back tons of student debt. That is why those majors are worth making fun of.

Reactions: 4 people

I point them out because they're worthless. You got 'racist' and 'sexist' backward (if they even have a place here) there fella, specializing in those areas says way more about your racism and sexism than criticizing them.

You've thrown out being more "educated" often, and even if that were true then why are the "educated" so damn stupid? Does an education not push personal responsibility?

With those degrees you'll only get an opinion section with a paper to fill a quota or a teaching position to indoctrinate other students, other than fast food or a barista. Those people crying about not being able to afford their student debt? That's them. When it gets cooler I'll stop by Starbucks and grab a hot chocolate from you.

Tumscalcium is just one word, thanks.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes. Their are plenty of English, French, German, and American history degrees. Pretty much any history degree not focused on Asia or Africa is about White people. This is common knowledge any idiot knows. :thud:

I think it went over your head.

Ok. Another question.

When some one gets this degree, what are the career fields that are open to them?
I assume most plan on being teachers?

Reactions: 1 person
I point them out because they're worthless. You got 'racist' and 'sexist' backward (if they even have a place here) there fella, specializing in those areas says way more about your racism and sexism than criticizing them.

You've thrown out being more "educated" often, and even if that were true then why are the "educated" so damn stupid? Does an education not push personal responsibility?

With those degrees you'll only get an opinion section with a paper to fill a quota or a teaching position to indoctrinate other students, other than fast food or a barista. Those people crying about not being able to afford their student debt? That's them. When it gets cooler I'll stop by Starbucks and grab a hot chocolate from you.

Tumscalcium is just one word, thanks.

You are ignorant like usual.

What Can I Do With a Bachelor of Arts in African American and African Studies (AAAS)? | Department African American and African Studies
Notable AAAS Majors
Angela Bassett, award-winning actress. (BA in African-American Studies from Yale University.)
Rakim H. D. Brooks, Rhodes Scholar and C. Edwin Baker Fellow in Democratic Values at Demos. (BA in Africana Studies from Brown University.)
Megan L. Comfort, Senior Research Sociologist, Urban Health Program at RTI International and Adjunct Asst Professor of Medicine, UCSF. (BA in Black Studies from Wellesley College.)
Jendayi Frazer, Distinguished Professor, Carnegie Mellon University and former US Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs. (BA in African and Afro-American Studies & Political Science from Stanford University.)
Brian L. Harper, Medical Director and COO of the Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Care and Prevention. (BA in Afro-American Studies & Biology from Brown University.)
Mae Jemison, Physician and NASA astronaut on the Endeavor in 1992. (BA in Afro-American Studies from Stanford University.)
Do Kim, Civil rights attorney & founder of the Korean American Youth Leadership Program. (BA in Afro-American Studies & Sociology from Harvard University.)
Aaron McGruder, Cartoonist, writer and creator of the nationally syndicated comic strip "The Boondocks." (BA in African-American Studies from the University of Maryland, College Park.)
Gloria Naylor, Educator and novelist. Winner of the National Book Award in 1983 for The Women of Brewster Place. (MA in Afro-American Studies from Yale University.)
Michelle Obama, attorney and First Lady of the United States. (BA in Sociology with a minor in African-American Studies from Princeton University.)
Richard W. Roberts, US District Court Judge for Washington DC. (BA in Black Studies & Political Science from Vassar College.)
Claudia Thomas, author and first black female orthopedic surgeon in the U.S. (BA in Black Studies from Vassar College.)
https://cla.umn.edu/wcidwami/african-american-african-studies

Career Titles of Alumni with this Major
Professor, Department of African-American Studies, Yale
Author and Playwright
Human Resources, Training, and Labor Relations, Target Corp
Probation Officer and Correctional Treatment, 180 Degrees, Inc.
Nurse, Dekalb Medical Center
Analyst, BlueCross BlueShield of Minnesota
Counselor, UnityPoint Health - Trinity
Vice-President, General Mills Inc
Lawyer, Potts Law Offices
Director, Freedom School - Kwanzaa Community Church, Minneapolis
Editor, John Marshall Law Journal
Teacher, Progressive Early Childhood Education Center
Child, Family, & School Social Worker, Hennepin County
President, Headwaters Consulting Inc
Dean, Brown University
Director, YMCA Metro St. Louis
Chief Financial Officer, The Green Edge

The degree definitely isn't worthless. It is like any history degree. If you make good decisions and the right connections it can be very lucrative. If you think all history degrees are worthless than that is an different argument. On average someone with just a degree in AAS makes $60,000 per year. Not great, but more than the average American makes.

Reactions: 4 people
I think it went over your head.

Ok. Another question.

When some one gets this degree, what are the career fields that are open to them?
I assume most plan on being teachers?

I answered the question you asked. Typical conservative goal post moving.

I linked some things in my other post.

African American graduates with this degree receive an average salary of $37,000, while Whites receive $38,000. African Americans with a degree in early childhood education earn an average salary of $35,000, while Whites earn an average of $36,000.Jun 1, 2011

10 Lowest-Paying College Degrees for African Americans - Black ...

10 Lowest-Paying College Degrees for African Americans - Black Enterprise

Reactions: Zues1 and Obsessed
African American graduates with this degree receive an average salary of $37,000, while Whites receive $38,000. African Americans with a degree in early childhood education earn an average salary of $35,000, while Whites earn an average of $36,000.Jun 1, 2011

Not to mention they take on 177,000 in debt for this degree.

You are ignorant like usual.

The degree definitely isn't worthless. It is like any history degree. If you make good decisions and the right connections it can be very lucrative. If you think all history degrees are worthless than that is an different argument. On average someone with just a degree in AAS makes $60,000 per year. Not great, but more than the average American makes.

Lot of those are Ivy League grads. I think I saw one state school. You could get a degree in Grass Watching from Harvard and do better than most folks.

$60k is an average salary, not starting. That includes a lot of professors that have been teaching for years and years. It is not some myth that liberal arts degrees do not pay well. All the more reason to strongly consider pursuing another major or find a school that you can get it as cheap as possible. Cause all that unpayable student debt will summon Ras from his lair.

Reactions: 3 people

Bachelor of Arts (BA), African American & African Studies Degree Salary, Average Salaries | PayScale

Its $60k a year.

You left out the part where it says the $38k per year was for Black people with a Family and Consumer Sciences degree. That is not African American Studies. At least link to an article showing the degree we are talking about. I read the same link and AAS is not in the list of ten lowest paying degrees for Black people. Just stop making up stuff.

Lot of those are Ivy League grads. I think I saw one state school. You could get a degree in Grass Watching from Harvard and do better than most folks.

$60k is an average salary, not starting. That includes a lot of professors that have been teaching for years and years. It is not some myth that liberal arts degrees do not pay well. All the more reason to strongly consider pursuing another major or find a school that you can get it as cheap as possible. Cause all that unpayable student debt will summon Ras from his lair.

If it is about liberal arts degrees being worthless that is a different argument. I was addressing a poster who always bashes AAS and Women's studies when college is brought up. They are just as valid and make as much as other history and English degrees. It is pretty telling he attacks those but not any other history or English major. Plenty of people in law or on Wall Street have history degrees.

The whole second list was of people who got a AA degree from Minnesota. Not exactly Ivy league.

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Reactions: 2 people
so basically if you're getting one of these studies, you're going to need to get a college teaching job. you're not going to get a good job in the real world.

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

This is the appropriate response.

so basically if you're getting one of these studies, you're going to need to get a college teaching job. you're not going to get a good job in the real world.

I can say that the chances that I would hire a grad with one of those two degrees (AA studies, women's studies) is infinitesimally small.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back