adjusted GDP 1.1%

joevol320

how do businesses hire with low growth yet obama's treasury is getting records taxes.

i thought we could tax our way to prosperity?

i guess. if you define "good shape" as spending billions on welfare for illegal aliens and tranny bathrooms

Reactions: 1 person
I don't what is going on everywhere else, but the economy is fine here. Building is booming. No real estate inventory (Sellers market). It's all looking good.

Reactions: 8 people
I don't what is going on everywhere else, but the economy is fine here. Building is booming. No real estate inventory (Sellers market). It's all looking good.

people aren't selling though, there's a good reason why people aren't selling. i would agree that some areas are doing well but overall these dismal numbers aren't good for the nation.

Reactions: 2 people
people aren't selling though, there's a good reason why people aren't selling. i would agree that some areas are doing well but overall these dismal numbers aren't good for the nation.

We basically traded 10 years worth of anemic growth and recovery to avoid 5 years of depression-level disaster.

Whether it was a good trade or not depends on what kind of job you had then, and have now.

Reactions: 7 people
We basically traded 10 years worth of anemic growth and recovery to avoid 5 years of depression-level disaster.

Whether it was a good trade or not depends on what kind of job you had then, and have now.

Sorry, but we're 8 years in. You've got to own this grease fire of a recovery. GDP at a standstill isn't a relative thing that can be explained away because someone has a bad attitude.

Reactions: 8 people

We haven't avoided it. Just delayed it a little. The govt can't continue to spend spend spend!

And your 5 years of depression level disaster would be over now and we might actually have some sound fiscal policy.

Reactions: 3 people
Sorry, but we're 8 years in. You've got to own this grease fire of a recovery. GDP at a standstill isn't a relative thing that can be explained away because someone has a bad attitude.

We haven't avoided it. Just delayed it a little. The govt can't continue to spend spend spend!

And your 5 years of depression level disaster would be over now and we might actually have some sound fiscal policy.

There's a ton of cash sitting on the sidelines. Corporations aren't afraid to invest because of regulation or taxes -- that is a complete myth. They are not investing because they don't see the level of consistency in the economic recovery they need to see to figure it is worth the risk.

We are at some point going to hit 2.5 % or better GDP and things will take off like a freight train out of Hades. Hope you are along for the ride!

Now, as to federal spending, that is its own problem. Both parties have gone overboard on that, spending on their respective political constituencies. And in fact the only two presidents in the last 50 years to reduce the deficit are Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

There's a ton of cash sitting on the sidelines. Corporations aren't afraid to invest because of regulation or taxes -- that is a complete myth. They are not investing because they don't see the level of consistency in the economic recovery they need to see to figure it is worth the risk.

We are at some point going to hit 2.5 % or better GDP and things will take off like a freight train out of Hades. Hope you are along for the ride!

Now, as to federal spending, that is its own problem. Both parties have gone overboard on that, spending on their respective political constituencies. And in fact the only two presidents in the last 50 years to reduce the deficit are Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.
How about reducing the national debt? Seems to me that Truman was the last to actually reduce the national debt.

It must be real bad in some areas because Nashville, Knoxville and St. Pete/Clearwater are the areas I know and they all seem to be kicking ass.

Reactions: 5 people
Depends upon where you are. I have been trying to sell a house for 6 months, 2,300+ sq. ft. for $67 a square foot. The average house in Tennessee sells for $67 a square foot. The average house in my county sells for $53 a square foot. The estimate on Zillow is within $1,000 of my asking price.

The house has 3 working fireplaces, 4 bedrooms, totally remodeled, hardwood floors, remodeled kitchen and baths, new 40 foot long deck, new plumbing, totally repainted inside, all new light fixtures, quiet neighborhood in a prime location, etc

Lots of waste, some abuse.
Reducing the deficit is nothing. That is like saying that 3 years ago you owed $500,000, and 2 years you owed $510,00, and last year you owed $515,000. This year you will owe $518,000.

Wow! You reduced your spending deficit by 50% last year. Instead of going $10,000 in the hole, you are only going $5,000 more in the hole. And you are going to reduce it by an additional 40% this year. Instead of going $5,000 more in the hole, you are only going $3,000 more in the hole. Sounds like you have it under control, doesn't it?

Reducing the deficit is nothing. That is like saying that 3 years ago you owed $500,000, and 2 years you owed $510,00, and last year you owed $515,000. This year you will owe $518,000.

Wow! You reduced your spending deficit by 50% last year. Instead of going $10,000 in the hole, you are only going $5,000 more in the hole. And you are going to reduce it by an additional 40% this year. Instead of going $5,000 more in the hole, you are only going $3,000 more in the hole. Sounds like you have it under control, doesn't it?

True or false: Under each of the Republicans in the last 50 years, the deficit has gone up, which by definition increases the debt.

Reactions: 3 people
fact is obama has taxed the crap out of companies, business smal and large. we are getting records taxes to the treasury yet business aren't growing and aren't hiring. it's going to get worse as more of your imported dem voters keep flooding in.

With as much construction and etc going on in Nashville I can't help but think it's going to crash and burn at some point.

If it does it will be nasty

how do businesses hire with low growth yet obama's treasury is getting records taxes.

i thought we could tax our way to prosperity?

Taxing our way to prosperity? How is that happening with tax rates at historic lows? If the Treasury is getting fat it is because there's plenty of money out there not because taxes are high.

Also business overall is not in a period of low growth. The stock marked reflects that. Unfortunately that's not true for small businesses and that's a problem.

True or false: Under each of the Republicans in the last 50 years, the deficit has gone up, which by definition increases the debt.
You won't get me to support what the Republicans have done either. It is the fault of both parties.

As someone who worked as a capital investor for many years, working with companies between 100 million and 1 billion and whose job it was to audit, and do the due diligence as if I were buying said company, and to establish true worth of said companies, you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

VN Store

Back