Lochte vs. Brazil

RikidyBones

Formerly utvols88
I know people are sick of this but today AP tweeted the following:

BREAKING: Rio police charge U.S. swimmer Ryan Lochte with making false report of robbery.

As it has been proven that the original video released to the media was disingenuous at best and internationally criminal at worst, should the United States step in and tell Brazil that any move is a move against the United States?

My argument is due to the fraudulent "evidence" and push to unjustly extort or punish a US athlete during an international event, this makes it a US government issue.

Thoughts?

Who gives a ****? And yea lets threaten countries over Ryan Lochte...

It's not really a Ryan Lochte thing. It's more a government is manipulating evidence to prosecute an American citizen during an international event.

The reality is Lochte will tell Brazil to kick rocks and move on and Brazil will be ignored but if he was still there, this is a big problem.

I doubt he'll ever step foot in that country again. Brazil needs to shut up and just drop it.

It's not really a Ryan Lochte thing. It's more a government is manipulating evidence to prosecute an American citizen during an international event.

The reality is Lochte will tell Brazil to kick rocks and move on and Brazil will be ignored but if he was still there, this is a big problem.

But he's not so its not a big deal

They're probably stupid enough to think he'll actually come back and pay the shakedown money they want.

They're getting laughed at right now. Dumb move by Brazil.

I definitely think they've lost millions to billions in future tourism due to their olympic games.

Give them $86 million like we do N Korea every time they make threats. Our gov't is a bunch of *******.

Edit: that starts with a P

They're getting laughed at right now. Dumb move by Brazil.

I definitely think they've lost millions to billions in future tourism due to their olympic games.

If all it takes for Americans to swear off Brazil as a tourist destination is for them to harass Lochte, then this is a brilliant move by Brazil. Keep the Bud Light Micky D munched in Florida.

If all it takes for Americans to swear off Brazil as a tourist destination is for them to harass Lochte, then this is a brilliant move by Brazil. Keep the Bud Light Micky D munched in Florida.

Surely you don't believe that I am saying thats the only thing...

Water issue
Dangers of city
zika
now a perceived police corruption

Americans have money. It's not smart to just write them off from a tourist perspective. Just like we shouldn't do that to Europeans.

If you didn't already know police in brazil are corrupt then you probably can't afford to travel there.

Water issue
Dangers of city
zika

Americans have money. It's not smart to just write them off from a tourist perspective. Just like we shouldn't do that to Europeans.
Brazil probably doesnt need American tourist money as much as they do European money. Most Muricans got to Mexico or the Caribbean.

Water issue
Dangers of city
zika

And how are any of the 4 things you noted any different than Mexico or south Florida?

Brazil probably doesnt need American tourist money as much as they do European money. Most Muricans got to Mexico or the Caribbean.

Their issues aren't just broadcasted in America. It was worldwide. I honestly meant they lost that money overall. If they had a great Olympics, like London, the difference of future tourism dollars would be millions to billions more than now. jmo of course

Their issues aren't just broadcasted in America. It was worldwide. I honestly meant they lost that money overall. If they had a great Olympics, like London, the difference of future tourism dollars would be millions to billions more than now. jmo of course

Brazil will be just fine.

Reports were all about fecal invested swimming areas for Olympians. And you call me a clown lol. This guy.

Corrupt cops...

miami21n-4-web.jpg

Zika

Another New Zika Case Found in Florida - NBC News

Zika, brought to you by...BRAZIL !!

- As well as Brazilian Pepper, a noxious tree that grows down here that is almost impossible to kill.
- Citrus Greening, a disease of citrus trees that kills them deader than the career of Lance Armstrong.

But I do love their coffee. best on the planet. And cachasa without whch we could not make caipirinhas.

- As well as Brazilian Pepper, a noxious tree that grows down here that is almost impossible to kill.
- Citrus Greening, a disease of citrus trees that kills them deader than the career of Lance Armstrong.

But I do love their coffee. best on the planet. And cachasa without whch we could not make caipirinhas.
Never had the coffee.. but I'm not going to bring that convo here lol.

VN Store

Back