Yeah, About That Keep Your Doctor Thing

Anyone who STILL believes any promise made by any politician should agree to any brain scan offered by medical science.

Reactions: 5 people
And what people fail to realize is that Hillary's entire political identity as FL was to create a government controlled health care system. Now prole want to vote for this hag.

Look at the increase in premiums. 40-60% hikes. Providers bailing left and right.
And nothing from Obama since it passed to try and bring down health care costs.

Anyone who STILL believes any promise made by any politician should agree to any brain scan offered by medical science.

Better get it now or you may be put on a waiting list.

Reactions: 2 people
You guys that have had single payer before. Are the doctors allowed to tell you about more costly treatments and will single payer pay if you want second opinions ?

Single Payer. Maybe not sooner but it's coming.

It's absolutely coming, even before Obamacare the healthcare oligopoly was out of control. Now that they have to insure the sick and healthy people are opting out taking the fines (and understandably so).... No wonder Aetna is hauling ass, that's good business.

We're going to either stop whining about the high cost and live with the fact that the health insurance bill are going to bend us over every year (without lube.) Or accept a single payer model like every other advanced country.

mf%20healthcaremap%20p-thumb-615x314-91612.jpg

You guys that have had single payer before. Are the doctors allowed to tell you about more costly treatments and will single payer pay if you want second opinions ?

If it is administered like Medicare, very few health care personnel will recommend procedure which is not covered as an outlined benefit.

Reactions: 1 person
It's absolutely coming, even before Obamacare the healthcare oligopoly was out of control. Now that they have to insure the sick and healthy people are opting out taking the fines (and understandably so).... No wonder Aetna is hauling ass, that's good business.

We're going to either stop whining about the high cost and live with the fact that the health insurance bill are going to bend us over every year (without lube.) Or accept a single payer model like every other advanced country.

Do those countries pay for drug development or is it publicly funded also?

..,which will bend us over without lube even worse.

Do those countries pay for drug development or is it publicly funded also?

I'm sure. I think that different countries negotiate the costs. Here in America, we pay for it twice - both at the CVS counter and through our taxes. If memory serves, there are tax revenues that go into funds for drug research.

..,which will bend us over without lube even worse.

I guess it depends on what you value more, less cash in your pocket and fast care or guaranteed, flat rate healthcare with some delay.

There are pros and cons to both systems of health care delivery. It boils down to one personal perspective.

I guess it depends on what you value more, cash in your pocket or hopeful, really high flat rate laughable healthcare with definite delay.

There are pros and cons to both systems of health care delivery. It boils down to one personal perspective.

Fify

I am more than happy with my healthcare.

I guess it depends on what you value more, less cash in your pocket and fast care or guaranteed, flat rate healthcare with some delay.

Would our future single payor system look like the current VA system?

Would our future single payor system look like the current VA system?

I don't know, I haven't used the VA system in years - I never had a bad experience with it, though I also never needed anything major. Just routine stuff while I was in college.

Single payer would probably resemble the medicare system from a acquisition and delivery standpoint.

I just transitioned to a new dentist. I liked my old dentist and had been going to him for over 30 years until he decided to retire.

My new dentist doesn't take my insurance anymore, my new dentist has all of his staff wearing a uniform, my new dentist has all of his staff talk to each other over blue-tooth headsets, my new dentist wants to replace all of my amalgam filling with tooth colored composite fillings, my new dentist wants my money more than my old dentist did.

Healthcare is the same as dental work, only it sucks worse.

Switzerland isn't single payer and they have some of the lowest costs per insured in the world - it's all private insurance.

There is a mandate and there are subsidies to purchase based on income but it's all private insurance.

Works like a charm.

I don't know, I haven't used the VA system in years - I never had a bad experience with it, though I also never needed anything major. Just routine stuff while I was in college.

Single payer would probably resemble the medicare system from a acquisition and delivery standpoint.

There's a reason most providers cap the % of Medicare patients they have. They hate Medicaid even more.

The problem with healthcare was that before Obamacare, if a person had any kind of previous health issue, the cost to buy an insurance policy was cost prohibitive, so people did without.

People that are sick are the ones that need healthcare. The ones that brag about how well they are and how they don't need healthcare are the same ones that will ***** as soon as they or someone else in their family gets sick and they need it.

Probably would, initially. Likely transition to something resembling city hospitals which serve the indigent population. Finally morphing into taxpayer owned facilities.

VN Store

Back