The "Undercover" Trump Voter

MT LeConte

According to campaign manager Kellyanne Conway Trump is not behind in the polls. This seems to be due to the fact that there are millions of "undercover" Trump voters. My take from this is that Trump supporters are ashamed of themselves.

More evidence that the Trump campaign is operating out of Bizarro World?

Trump campaign manager says polls showing Trump down are wrong

Reactions: 5 people
Kinda like I've yet to have known more than 5 people who admit they voted for Obama, twice?! Yet he won in a big way. Heck, even all the democrats I know (which is the majority of my family), "none of them voted for him".

Reactions: 2 people
Kinda like I've yet to have known more than 5 people who admit they voted for Obama, twice?! Yet he won in a big way. Heck, even all the democrats I know (which is the majority of my family), "none of them voted for him".

Who, in their right mind, would want to admit making that decision twice?

Eh, it's pretty easy to believe there's no dearth of people, especially those planning on casting what would essentially be "anti-Hillary" votes, who aren't going to come out in open "support" of Trump.

Of course, I think this goes both ways since I'm sure there's no shortage of people that don't like Hillary either but are willing to roll with "the Devil they know".

I don't know about the undercover Trump vote but I do believe that the race will tighten up before November. Regardless of where the polls are right now neither side is likely to win by more than 2-3 points. In a nasty race like this there's bound to be an October surprise or two.

According to campaign manager Kellyanne Conway Trump is not behind in the polls. This seems to be due to the fact that there are millions of "undercover" Trump voters. My take from this is that Trump supporters are ashamed of themselves.

I'm not a huge Trump supporter, but I'm definitely anti-Hillary. If you are perceived to support Trump or even be slightly right you are labeled as a racist, hate filled American. I imagine that people are reluctant to share their allegiances due to being labeled as something that they are not.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not a huge Trump supporter, but I'm definitely anti-Hillary. If you are perceived to support Trump or even be slightly right you are labeled as a racist, hate filled American. I imagine that people are reluctant to share their allegiances due to being labeled as something that they are not.

"Own It"

Reactions: 3 people

She went to the Karl Rove school of polling, i.e. ignore them.

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe this may have been when Rove stormed off the Fox set when Romney got whupped. He just couldn't accept the reality.

giphy.gif

And at any rate,

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people

yup, pretty much this.

Facebook is a cesspool of Trump supporters. They don't seem to have a problem displaying their racist tendencies. I find it odd that the same people saying that you should be respectful to cops are among the most disrespectful to Obama that we have posting monkey pictures of him and his wife and calling him the "drug dealer in chief" seem contradictory.

Reactions: 10 people

I know many conservatives and/or members of the GOP who are not what I would consider racist, at all.

I have yet to meet an active supporter of Trump who was not racist.

Note that I am distinguishing between Republicans who will vote for him to block HRC versus those voting for him because they actually think he'll be a good president. When I say actively supporting, I mean the latter group.

And of those I have met, they are so full of hate and racial resentment, its no wonder they fall in line behind the guy who panders to that.

Just not going to be enough to win, imo.

Reactions: 9 people
She may have a point. Recent elections have shown that polling skews to the left, in part, because conservative voters are unwillingly to answer polls honestly. They are constantly told that they are racists, sexists, homophobes, etc, so they don't want to be lumped into that crowd. They will still pull the lever in the voting booth, but they won't answer a non-binding poll truthfully. This is not only true in the US, but the Brexit referendum displayed a similar disparity between polling data and actual votes.

That said, Trump is so far behind in the polls, especially in crucial swing states, that he's well outside the margin of error caused by this polling trend. So Conway may have a point, but the point is probably moot.

I know many conservatives and/or members of the GOP who are not what I would consider racist, at all.

Note that I am distinguishing between Republicans who will vote for him to block HRC versus those voting for him because they actually think he'll be a good president. When I say actively supporting, I mean the latter group.

And of those I have met, they are so full of hate and racial resentment, its no wonder they fall in line behind the guy who panders to that.

You are part of the problem. Calling people racist just because they don't share your views. The Klan with Tans, are they racist?

Facebook is a cesspool of Trump supporters. They don't seem to have a problem displaying their racist tendencies. I find it odd that the same people saying that you should be respectful to cops are among the most disrespectful to Obama that we have posting monkey pictures of him and his wife and calling him the "drug dealer in chief" seem contradictory.

Well I don't have anyone on my Facebook timeline that posts disrespectful things towards Obama in a racist manner, if I did I would unfriend them. I'm no Obama fan, but it has nothing to do with the fact that he is 50%black. In fact I'll argue that he was elected largely due to his skin color in 2008 and not the opposite. One side of my family is from Unicoi County Tennessee, a small mountain/valley town in East Tennesse. There are about zero minorities there. Guess who won Unicoi County in 2008? That's right Obama. He was the cool, charismatic black guy with the nice looking family. Camelot 2.0, except this time they were black. You couldn't say anything negative about them at the time without being portrayed as a racist, hell McCain ran his campaign scared because he didn't want to be appear racist for attacking Reverend Wright, who actually is a racist. Now if you support or agree with anything Trump says you must be racist and hate Mexicans and other minorities. If you disagree with Hillary you must be sexist or non progressive. Got to hand it to the liberals, they can paint a picture for people to buy into. Think about it, John Kerry had a much better resume to be POTUS than either Obama or Hillary and lost. What do you do? Get a first term senator from Chicago who happens to be black and then the most entitled candidate ever. Then whoever disagrees label them accordingly. The playbook seems to be working.

Reactions: 1 person

I know, right?

Remember all those violent protest the right wing supporters had the past 8-10 months? Wild kids.

You might want to quit hanging out at Klan meetings.

She may have a point. Recent elections have shown that polling skews to the left, in part, because conservative voters are unwillingly to answer polls honestly. They are constantly told that they are racists, sexists, homophobes, etc, so they don't want to be lumped into that crowd. They will still pull the lever in the voting booth, but they won't answer a non-binding poll truthfully. This is not only true in the US, but the Brexit referendum displayed a similar disparity between polling data and actual votes.

That said, Trump is so far behind in the polls, especially in crucial swing states, that he's well outside the margin of error caused by this polling trend. So Conway may have a point, but the point is probably moot.

That's not the breed of conservatives I run into on a regular basis. The vast majority could give a rat's azz about homosexuality, and those that are not racist would like to scream that from the rooftops if they had the chance. They actively look for chances to explain that the current GOP professional is fiscally conservative, but socially liberal.

Those folks aren't shying away from a pollster. Ever.

You are part of the problem. Calling people racist just because they don't share your views. The Klan with Tans, are they racist?

No, I'm calling them racists because they say the reason they want Trump to be president again is to promote returning political and economic power to people of European descent.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

That's not the breed of conservatives I run into on a regular basis. The vast majority could give a rat's azz about homosexuality, and those that are not racist would like to scream that from the rooftops if they had the chance. They actively look for chances to explain that the current GOP professional is fiscally conservative, but socially liberal.

No, I'm calling them racists because they say the reason they want Trump to be president again is to promote returning political and economic power to people of European descent.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Don't you spend a lot of time with cops?

But that's not what these specific polls are asking. If the question is "who are you voting for?", that question doesn't give you a chance to explain why. If you are going to vote for Trump, even though you hate him, simply because you don't want Hillary elected then your answer is the same as the guy who wants all brown people placed in a rocket and launched into the Sun. But if all you hear is how all Trump voters are like the second dude, then maybe you don't want to be honest about voting for Trump.

Right or wrong, election after election we see the obvious trend that polls skew leftward. It's simply something that needs to be taken into account when we compute the margin of error.

VN Store

Back