Political Correctness...just a fad?

Political correctness will always be around, but hopefully the sjw levels of political correctness are only a fad.

Reactions: 1 person
PC was alive and well before liberals ever adopted it. They just changed the parameters. Its really just a different take on the same old dumb

Reactions: 2 people
I'm offended by the words political correctness.

Why does everything have to be correct? Can't a person be wrong and not be slammed for it? Why do we have to point out the fact it has to be correct?

Way to go, GBO. You just used trigger words and sent a lot of people to safe spaces.

I'm offended by the words political correctness.

Why does everything have to be correct? Can't a person be wrong and not be slammed for it? Why do we have to point out the fact it has to be correct?

Way to go, GBO. You just used trigger words and sent a lot of people to safe spaces.

Attachments

• 2016-08-24-11-11-05--1632495254.jpg
    2016-08-24-11-11-05--1632495254.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 174
I think some of you are right that it will take a major crisis for for us to get away from our current level of political correctness. It's a pathetic time in our country right now when social media gives everyone a platform to make false claims and the national media buys in, see the University of Missouri. Social Justice Warriors have completely torn down a university because of weak leadership and the fear of perception that an entire administration is racist.

Aww. Someone is mad they can't go around and say racist and sexist things like 60 years ago.

Only 8 short years ago we could say "US troops on the ground in Jerkwaterstan. Their mission is to destroy the bin laden terrorist network. " now it's "overseas contingency operations to fight the spread of man-caused disasters."

Reactions: 3 people
Only 8 short years ago we could say "US troops on the ground in Jerkwaterstan. Their mission is to destroy the bin laden terrorist network. " now it's "overseas contingency operations to fight the spread of man-caused disasters."

Triggered

All languages evolve over time so unless we become robots in how we talk, there will always be PC and non-PC terms. As someone else mentioned, I think the friction is in how much power is given to those who use either.

Nah, just pissed off that asshats like those you idolize get people fired for usage of words such as niggardly.

I got a detention for defending someone that used that word back in high school. I called the black girl who blew up a "dumb ****" but I'm sure PC is what got me in trouble... maybe not.

The kid who used the word was suspended. Which is horses%$t

That's not the over the top PC crap we're tired of.

Jmo, I believe more people than you would think aren't necessarily in favor of the extreme PC - it's just not as big of a deal as some make it out to be. For me, even though I don't completely understand the need to be overly conscious in some situations, I still err on the side of respect and decency. It's no extra sweat or skin off my back.

Equally tiring as the PC extremists are the people who complain about it.I find it ironic that those people use the argument "don't be so sensitive" lmao.

Reactions: 2 people
Best PC word of all-time. African American.

I personally know one true AA and he's white. He actually put on his job app he was AA, got called for an interview and they admonished him for lying on his app. He proved them wrong eventually and got the job.

Best PC word of all-time. African American.

I personally know one true AA and he's white. He actually put on his job app he was AA, got called for an interview and they admonished him for lying on his app. He proved them wrong eventually and got the job.

What is PC about a word describing an American citizen of African descent?

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back