Ryan Lochte and "White male privilege"

By reading hate you do learn to hate... Especially if it "justifies" the hate.

I agree. This is the most absurd thing I've seen attached to any recent Olympics.

Fed up with their dumb Facebook posts, I raked my old liberal UT "buddies" over the coals this morning.

Did Lochte initially embellish the story a bit? Absolutely. Did he technically lie? No. He and his friends were absolutely robbed! And our media, as well as everyone on social media, has ripped him a new one. For what? Refusing to be vile and pee on Rio's streets; instead, breaking into a restroom, where they could pee like normal human beings? For being robbed at gunpoint? I don't care if the guards were asking for repair payments, a robbery is a robbery. Maybe Brazilians do things that way, but the civilized world does not. We go through legal channels.

It's so bad that this poor sucker is now having to go on an apology tour just so people will stop hating him so much. And our USOC apologized to Brazil! Your guys robbed our athletes and then your government extorted money from one of them, but we did by far the worst act by peeing in a restroom instead of on one of your sidewalks.

I don't know if this is a greater effect of the "Obama World Apology Tour" or what, but Americans have become so ashamed of themselves, it's absurd. We're like a bunch of darned European self-loathers now.

And people wonder how a complete and utter ape, like Trump, could possibly be a major party nominee in today's day and age. Hint hint: this is why, people.

Reactions: 4 people
Article is full of stupid people. No one is giving Lochte a pass and I've not heard anyone call him a "kid". And Douglas was disrespectful during the anthem, but you can see plenty of that at your local high school game this Friday

Article is full of stupid people. No one is giving Lochte a pass and I've not heard anyone call him a "kid". And Douglas was disrespectful during the anthem, but you can see plenty of that at your local high school game this Friday

The criticism of Douglas, as far as I can tell, was relegated to a very small - yet admittedly loud - group of social media posters. Meanwhile, Lochte - a robbery victim - has been absolutely demolished by our press and our own people.

The white privilege association, while such a thing does indeed exist, is asinine. Numerous American athletes - black, white, and other - have not held their hands over their hearts during our anthem at this event. None of them have gotten criticism. The reason why Douglas did is actually more a matter of "male privilege," not "white." Gymnastics is a sport where we expect female participants to be forever innocent and pristine. Basically, little girls (reason why you typically don't see any female gymnasts over 21). As such, the actions of these girls are highly scrutinized. Plus, she is a former and current gold medalist in a popular Olympic sport. You're going to get a lot of social media criticism when you don't put your hand over your heart at a podium event more people will be watching than most other Olympic medal ceremonies.

Tbh idve peed in the street

It appears that, given the backlash and the whole being robbed thing, that's what they should have done.

But, then again, had they, it would have just been recorded by some ******* with a cell phone and then the narrative would still have been "Look how bad boy, white American male athletes are disrespecting a foreign land!" complete with video of them pissing on some public edifice.

It appears that, given the backlash and the whole being robbed thing, that's what they should have done.

But, then again, had they, it would have just been recorded by some ******* with a cell phone and then the narrative would still have been "Look how bad boy, white American male athletes are disrespecting a foreign land!" complete with video of them pissing on some public edifice.
I never noticed that anyone cared too much..

I canceled my subscription of The Tennessean because of crap like this in the editorial section. They consistently published this kind of article written by some Indian chick. I read one too many and said **** it.... I'm done
Prabu something or other..... Dumb crazy *****

On the bright side, we just crushed the rest of the world again!

Just magnificently crushed their little faces into some Rio beachfront walkway tile.

United States
46 37 38 121

Great Britain
27 23 17 67

China
26 18 26 70

Russia
19 18 19 56

Germany
17 10 15 42

How about them apples!

Hell, you could divide our team in half, and they'd still give China and the gang a run for their money.

I couldn't be more proud of our Olympians.

Huffpo wouldn't exist if readers were capable of spotting strawman arguments and thinking analytically. But as it is, their readership is dedicated and not likely to diminish in magnitude any time soon.

Reactions: 1 person
Indeed. They actually defended Gawker last week as well. HuffPo is such liberal garbage 90% of the time.

I stopped reading the Huffington Post after it posted some opinion piece by some wacky agnostic college student about how every college should play the Islamic call to prayer five times each day because we need meaning in our lives and that will get college students to contemplate spiritual things.

After she compared it to being no different than the "church" bells you hear on campus.

All of this said, mind you, without any hint of irony.

I stopped reading the Huffington Post after it posted some opinion piece by some wacky agnostic college student about how every college should play the Islamic call to prayer five times each day because we need meaning in our lives and that will get college students to contemplate spiritual things.

After she compared it to being no different than the "church" bells you hear on campus.

All of this said, mind you, without any hint of irony.

I read HuffPo just so I can get laugh really. The stories they run are just so absurdly bias. They are definitely the Fox News of the left, but tbh I think they are worse. Their entire defense of Gawker just really made me mad because the entire Gawker team, imo, should be executed/imprisoned for some of the things they have published.

I can excuse everything that Ryan Lochte did or said in this incident. I saw a piece of an interview that he gave and he said he was intoxicated. For those that have never been to Brazil, they have a drink there called a 'caipirinha'. The liquor that they make them with is called cachasa, and it is similar to rum. The drink is similar to a mojito with one big difference. In the grocery store, a fifth of cachasa is somewhere around $5 US. Even the bars make these things stroooooong. After 2 you are bullet proof, and after 3 you are invisible. This is the voice of experience.

VN Store

Back