Top Ten Most Impovished Cities

VolnJC

Like Trump says..."What do you have to lose?"

CqYtzmtVUAADh57.jpg

Reactions: 8 people
You could google a table of the ten wealthiest cities in America and they would be liberal as well. Practically every large city is liberal. Some are prosperous, some are poor.

Reactions: 12 people
You could google a table of the ten wealthiest cities in America and they would be liberal as well. Practically every large city is liberal. Some are prosperous, some are poor.

Yeah for now...some of those cities in that table also have lost the most population in the past 50 years...the problem there is the people who can afford to leave do, and then you have to raise taxes on those who remain.

Yeah for now...some of those cities in that table also have lost the most population in the past 50 years...the problem there is the people who can afford to leave do, and then you have to raise taxes on those who remain.

Yes, those cities are clearly not doing so well. But there are other liberal cities that are doing very well.

My point is, practically every "city" is majority liberal.

Reactions: 4 people

This. If it's a big city, more than likely it votes Democrat. Phoenix comes to mind as a big city that probably doesn't but I'm not sure

This. If it's a big city, more than likely it votes Democrat. Phoenix comes to mind as a big city that probably doesn't but I'm not sure

Having lived in Phoenix metro, you're correct that it's pretty conservative. However, its beginning to change and Phoenix has a mayor who is a democrat.

Welfare programs have enslaved the inner city folks

This I agree with...and I feel for them...the rich can move and then the city has a shrinking tax base to take care of those trapped...I don't know the answer though..when I was up in East Cleveland they were practically giving away houses if someone could bring them to code

Okay here is a better question. Why is income inequality worse in cities ran by Democrats?

Well most large cities lean democrat and are obviously more likely to elect democratic leadership, so essentially almost all large cities are run by democrats.

Atlanta and Detroit are both large democratic cities that are predominantly African American. Yet Atlanta has been on the upswing while Detroit has been in decline.

So, labeling city success primarily on political ideology would not be accurate due to the fact that many of these cities have similar political ideology, yet are in completely different situations.

In terms of income inequality, I'll use Atlanta as an example. There are parts of Atlanta that holds the richest individuals in all of the south, and there are parts that are filled with poverty.

Now the question is, why is there this type of income inequality in one city? Well my theory is that the inequality is due to the fact that large cities are clearly more likely to hold populations of different socioeconomic classes due to the sheer population of the city.

Now, there are many parts of Georgia that are exclusively poor. A lot of these areas are small towns that are predominantly African American and liberal, or predominantly Caucasian and conservative. Regardless of race or political affiliation, there are many towns across Georgia that are below the national average in terms of wealth.

Now directly north of Atlanta, there are suburbs that people would consider exclusively wealthy. The wealth of these suburbs aren't nessesarily a product of excellent government management, but more of a product of affluent families congregating into a single city to raise land value and ensure that their children are in a safe neighborhood with excellent schools.

This leads me to believe that the income inequality in Atlanta and other cities is not strictly due to political policies, but more likely due to simply the fact that the city is quite large, and can contain more than 1 socioeconomic class.

Reactions: 5 people
would hunters ting to see the taxes in these cities vs the national average.. A lot of the northern big cities have a state, county and city taxes..

Well most large cities lean democrat and are obviously more likely to elect democratic leadership, so essentially almost all large cities are run by democrats.

Atlanta and Detroit are both large democratic cities that are predominantly African American. Yet Atlanta has been on the upswing while Detroit has been in decline.

So, labeling city success primarily on political ideology would not be accurate due to the fact that many of these cities have similar political ideology, yet are in completely different situations.

In terms of income inequality, I'll use Atlanta as an example. There are parts of Atlanta that holds the richest individuals in all of the south, and there are parts that are filled with poverty.

Now the question is, why is there this type of income inequality in one city? Well my theory is that the inequality is due to the fact that large cities are clearly more likely to hold populations of different socioeconomic classes due to the sheer population of the city.

Now, there are many parts of Georgia that are exclusively poor. A lot of these areas are small towns that are predominantly African American and liberal, or predominantly Caucasian and conservative. Regardless of race or political affiliation, there are many towns across Georgia that are below the national average in terms of wealth.

Now directly north of Atlanta, there are suburbs that people would consider exclusively wealthy. The wealth of these suburbs aren't nessesarily a product of excellent government management, but more of a product of affluent families congregating into a single city to raise land value and ensure that their children are in a safe neighborhood with excellent schools.

This leads me to believe that the income inequality in Atlanta and other cities is not strictly due to political policies, but more likely due to simply the fact that the city is quite large, and can contain more than 1 socioeconomic class.
In Atlanta's case I heard Neal Boortz mention that the rich moved just outside the city to escape the taxes..so they are still probably included in Atlanta metro stats..and again the poor can't move to the suburbs because they are trapped in government housing

Reactions: 1 person
In Atlanta's case I heard Neal Boortz mention that the rich moved just outside the city to escape the taxes..so they are still probably included in Atlanta metro stats..and again the poor can't move to the suburbs because they are trapped in government housing

There are rich people who leave to the suburbs like you mentioned, but there are also many uber rich people who still live in Atlanta. Primarily in Buckhead or Midtown. Some suburbs in Atlanta are actually very poor. In fact, most of Atlanta is consisted of suburban cities. And there are rich ones and there are poor ones. But the city of Atlanta is really the only single sovereign city in the region that has a rich and poor population. And that's really due to the sheer size of the city.

There are rich people who leave to the suburbs like you mentioned, but there are also many uber rich people who still live in Atlanta. Primarily in Buckhead or Midtown. Some suburbs in Atlanta are actually very poor. In fact, most of Atlanta is consisted of suburban cities. And there are rich ones and there are poor ones. But the city of Atlanta is really the only single sovereign city in the region that has a rich and poor population. And that's really due to the sheer size of the city.

I'd like to see some age demographics...now the uber rich they can live wherever and don't care..but I was watching one of the home buying reality shows..and it was a status thing to be able to live in the city for the young professionals...amazing what they will pay to live in the right areas

Reactions: 1 person
Like Trump says..."What do you have to lose?"

CqYtzmtVUAADh57.jpg

Almost all of these cities have multiple professional sports teams that should be bringing in significant revenue. Shouldn't that have some positive economic benefit to the impoverished class?

VN Store

Back