While I Was Out, I Became a Republican...

volprof

Destroyer of Nihilists
I grew up a Republican and a conservative. There is much to be said for such a perspective, and it is one worth upholding. When you consider that the American population is turning "net-Democrat" by demographic reality, it is important that we offer a legitimate conservative alternative, not that I always agree with it or ever will fully. Listen, I don't want an American nation that is "liberal," but I do want one that is moving forward and one that isn't trying to "make it great again," like it's a pair of acid wash jeans that needs a good revision.

Truth be told, I registered Republican because of Donald Trump. It is absolutely crucial that conservatives - so valuable to countering liberal extremes (like out-of-control social spending, overly regulated markets, limited social freedoms, and overly-racial/ethnic rhetoric, for godssakes!) - never go down this route of ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, and abject fiscal irresponsibility ever again.

You have become what you claim to hate, and I'm here to help you.

My pledge as a Republican voter is to never let this nation down again. You can keep your Trumps, your Clintons, your losers. You can keep your labor Democrat Trumps, your Neocon Hillarys - your mix-match world where up is down and down is up. I'm not going to have a part in any of it. You can keep your Trump 40 billion dollar national debts, your Clinton "extreme negligence," your party over country. I'm tired of it all. I'm having no part in it. And despite this nation's inevitable demographic shifts, ones that do in no way favor Republicans or conservatives in the long run, I promise to uphold the need for men and women who are willing to stand by the Constitution and by the principles of responsibility and openness - perhaps the two most important principles of our nation's history - that I think are best embodied in a conservatism with a mind to the future. And I promise to stand by these principles as these apply to all men and women, whether they be white, black, brown, or even blue.

And, no, libertarians, I'm not a utopianist, so don't even try, although I may very well vote for your candidate this time around at least.

Reactions: 6 people
I grew up a Republican and a conservative. There is much to be said for such a perspective, and it is one worth upholding. When you consider that the American population is turning "net-Democrat" by demographic reality, it is important that we offer a legitimate conservative alternative, not that I always agree with it or ever will fully. Listen, I don't want an American nation that is "liberal," but I do want one that is moving forward and one that isn't trying to "make it great again," like it's a pair of acid wash jeans that needs a good revision.

Truth be told, I registered Republican because of Donald Trump. It is absolutely crucial that conservatives - so valuable to countering liberal extremes (like out-of-control social spending, overly regulated markets, limited social freedoms, and overly-racial/ethnic rhetoric, for godssakes!) - never go down this route of ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, and abject fiscal irresponsibility ever again.

You have become what you claim to hate, and I'm here to help you.

My pledge as a Republican voter is to never let this nation down again. You can keep your Trumps, your Clintons, your losers. You can keep your labor Democrat Trumps, your Neocon Hillarys - your mix-match world where up is down and down is up. I'm not going to have a part in any of it. You can keep your Trump 40 billion dollar national debts, your Clinton "extreme negligence," your party over country. I'm tired of it all. I'm having no part in it. And despite this nation's inevitable demographic shifts, ones that do in no way favor Republicans or conservatives in the long run, I promise to uphold the need for men and women who are willing to stand by the Constitution and by the principles of responsibility and openness - perhaps the two most important principles of our nation's history - that I think are best embodied in a conservatism with a mind to the future. And I promise to stand by these principles as these apply to all men and women, whether they be white, black, brown, or even blue.

And, no, libertarians, I'm not a utopianist, so don't even try, although I may very well vote for your candidate this time around at least.

Let's start the revolution, VP! Welcome back.

900x900px-LL-9bb28d6b_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

Reactions: 3 people
I am not even sure what I read there. Some parts were gungho Trump, others was breaking him down. can't help but be confused by the word salad I just read.

Well I'll be dipped in ****! VP has seen the light. I'm not sure of about half of what he said, but I took it to mean he's coming around.

I just want to say threads, gifs, and pictures like these are the reason I've come to love the PF.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back