Open carry at the convention

lawgator1

Would promote antagonism between trigger happy attendees and protesters, IMO. Result in disaster.

Would promote antagonism between trigger happy attendees and protesters, IMO. Result in disaster.
Well in your world isn't anybody that is carrying a gun 'trigger happy'? And besides, why would anyone want to shoot at peaceful protesters?

Well in your world isn't anybody that is carrying a gun 'trigger happy'? And besides, why would anyone want to shoot at peaceful protesters?

I worry that things are so on edge that someone will make a big mistake. Causing others to make other mistakes.

Reactions: 3 people
I worry that things are so on edge that someone will make a big mistake. Causing others to make other mistakes.

hopefully it ends up like Denver. In as much that open carry wasn't an issue. Hopefully the whole thing blows over peacefully with no one dying.

open carry or lack there of will make no difference. I think if anything open carry by civilians will hopefully keep the cops from reacting wrongly. but that's jmo.

Reactions: 3 people
hopefully it ends up like Denver. In as much that open carry wasn't an issue. Hopefully the whole thing blows over peacefully with no one dying.

open carry or lack there of will make no difference. I think if anything open carry by civilians will hopefully keep the cops from reacting wrongly. but that's jmo.
I think you're right.

1. It's not open carry at the convention; it's open carry in Cleveland including the streets outside the convention. I believe the convention itself is barring all carry (open or concealed).

2. As I understand it, Kasich's position is he cannot suspend (legally) open carry since it is a law and he does not have the authority to do it unilaterally.

3. One sure way to avoid trouble would be for Trump haters to not protest.

Reactions: 2 people
Isn't that the point of protesting?

Honestly I've never understood the point of protesting.

I've often wondered if these people actually think Trump will drive by their cardboard signs and think "Oh crap, I'm dropping out. Look at all those signs!"

And the BLM protesters...what do they want? Get rid of cops?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back