Apologists for Black Lives Matter

The guy that made the video makes no valid points at all. She made smart, valid points. He just uses conservative talking points.

Reactions: 3 people
Not in the American sense. He would not be considered Liberal if he was an American voter. He is more independent. Either way he is full of it.
He is a Classical Liberal not a Cultural Marxist. The modern Progressive Leftist movement has hijacked the Left in America similar to the way The Moral Majority did the Right.

The Religious Right and SJWs are both Authoritarian and toxic.

Reactions: 2 people
The guy that made the video makes no valid points at all. She made smart, valid points. He just uses conservative talking points.

Disagree - in particular I believe he demonstrated on several occasions where her "smart, valid points" were neither.

No, he ignores realities.

He ignores no more realities than does the woman in the video he is critiquing.

Some of his points are strong, some are weak. I'd say the same for her.

Let's take the how many get shot vs % of population stat.

If you look at the Wapo data men are 22.5 times more likely to be killed by the police than women are. However, there are more women in the US than males so clearly there is institutional sexism in our police!

Now maybe there's a reason besides gender that more males are killed than females? Nah, can't be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Here's a tip for BLM, go do outreach black neighborhoods in Chicago. You might actually make a difference someday

The black on black violence thing is a red herring.

The reason the average black person is NOT marching in the streets on that issue is because it doesn't affect us. The vast majority of this epidemic of black on black violence is between rival gangs fighting over turf in the drug trade.

Plus unlike police officers who constantly get off after killing unarmed black men, if one of these young black gangbangers gets caught, he will be prosecuted and will end up in jail.

As a black man, I can avoid gang related violence by not getting involved in gang activity or not going near neighborhoods prone to gang violence. However, I can't avoid the cops no matter where I go. That is where the fear comes from. That is why the BLM movement is important.

If you folks can't understand this difference then you are just ignoring it.

Reactions: 6 people

The reason the average black person is NOT marching in the streets on that issue is because it doesn't affect us. The vast majority of this epidemic of black on black violence is between rival gangs fighting over turf in the drug trade.

Plus unlike police officers who constantly get off after killing unarmed black men, if one of these young black gangbangers gets caught, he will be prosecuted and will end up in jail.

As a black man, I can avoid gang related violence by not getting involved in gang activity or not going near neighborhoods prone to gang violence. However, I can't avoid the cops no matter where I go. That is where the fear comes from. That is why the BLM movement is important.

I think, regardless of what race you are, if you see a stat that shows 13% of the population committing over 50% of all US homicides you surely have to agree there is a cultural crisis with that group.

Certainly police officers could use proper training and more non-lethal weapons. But you're much more like to be killed by another person of your race.

It would take cops 40 years to kill as many black men as have died at the hands of others black men in 2012 alone.

Over 1,400 more black Americans murdered other blacks in two years than were lynched from 1882 to 1968.

In a 15 year span, Chicago’s death toll is almost equal to that of soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, combined.

Reactions: 14 people

So, is your solution to just pretend that the gang violence doesn't exist and doesn't destroy innocent lives?

At the rate people are getting murdered in Chicago, the gangbangers aren't getting caught. Is that because the police are inept, or are the murderers being protected by non-gang members either through family ties or fear?

Either way, it's a real problem and can't be dismissed as a "red herring" just because you don't like cops.

I think, regardless of what race you are, if you see a stat that shows 13% of the population committing over 50% of all US homicides you surely have to agree there is a cultural crisis with that group.

Certainly police officers could use proper training and more non-lethal weapons. But you're much more like to be killed by another person of your race.

It would take cops 40 years to kill as many black men as have died at the hands of others black men in 2012 alone.

Over 1,400 more black Americans murdered other blacks in two years than were lynched from 1882 to 1968.

In a 15 year span, Chicago’s death toll is almost equal to that of soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, combined.

There's nothing to see here. Police is the big issue. Nothing to see here.

Reactions: 1 person

So, black on black violence doesn't affect black people? :crazy:

It takes more black lives than anything, but the few lives that are taken by policemen trying to limit black on black violence(gangs) is the major issue? :crazy:

Reactions: 8 people
lmao. it doesn't affect us... omg he can't seriously believe this. d4h has never been to the hood. talk about privileged

Reactions: 4 people
I can't believe you folks actually respond to D4H's posts and take them seriously. You know he's simply tossing chum into the water by saying such things.

So, is your solution to just pretend that the gang violence doesn't exist and doesn't destroy innocent lives?

At the rate people are getting murdered in Chicago, the gangbangers aren't getting caught. Is that because the police are inept, or are the murderers being protected by non-gang members either through family ties or fear?

Either way, it's a real problem and can't be dismissed as a "red herring" just because you don't like cops.

Basically, Black Lives Matter when the cops are involved. Othersise it doesn't affect me.

Reactions: 3 people

If you are afraid to go in these neighborhoods... Why do you want to defend the actions of the ones that live there. BLM still claim Mike Brown and it was proven that story was 100% false.... I would agree with you if there were video out there of unarmed black men complying with cops orders but I still have not seen a single video where that has occurred.

Reactions: 1 person

It's not a cultural crisis. It's an economic and educational crisis.

The reason these young men are turning to the drug trade is because they see no other way out of the life of poverty they grew up in. If America would invest in these inner cities. Give these young kids some other choice then maybe we wouldn't have this infliction.

I know white people just wanna pass this off as a problem with black people and black culture. The reality is the current epidemic of urban violence by young black men was created by a white dominated society that left them behind.

VN Store

Back