DOD announcement: Transgender now serve openly in US Military

As long as they can do the job and there isnt fragmentation of the troops, you go girl/boy!

Reactions: 6 people
Whether they are open or not, does it really matter? They have been in the military for a while and as long as they keep military bearing and can do the role they are serving in, what's the issue?

Reactions: 11 people
Then we need one set of Physical Fitness Test times. If not, that can cause promotion problems.

Should have been that way even before transgendered was a thing. The fact that we have had separate physical fitness requirements for men and women in the military at all has been ridiculous IMO. Have one set of requirements and for everyone across the board unless you are with special forces and then a separate one for them.

Reactions: 2 people
Now he can't even use this shtick to try and get out:

images

Reactions: 3 people
For other guys in the military and/or vets...how does this affect uniform standards? I assume now that a guy could wear a dress blues skirt? Does this snowball into letting straight men wear earrings on base when not in uniform? Will it change hair grooming standards for men?

1 year till I retire...and I can't wait.

Reactions: 1 person
Whether they are open or not, does it really matter? They have been in the military for a while and as long as they keep military bearing and can do the role they are serving in, what's the issue?

The issue is how it affects a long line of other things. Since they will now be able to wear female uniforms, how does this affect straight men not being able to wear earrings on base while not in uniform? How does this affect hair grooming standards for straight men? If a man who thinks he is a woman is allowed to have long hair, what about straight men who would like to wear a beard? What about a woman who identifies as a man? Will she be held to the same PT standards as a man?

The list goes on and on. It may sound trivial, but all of those things will have to be addressed.

My guess is that even though we are cutting troop the military will be now stuck with paying for hormone treatments or even sex change operations.

Reactions: 3 people
For other guys in the military and/or vets...how does this affect uniform standards? I assume now that a guy could wear a dress blues skirt? Does this snowball into letting straight men wear earrings on base when not in uniform? Will it change hair grooming standards for men?

1 year till I retire...and I can't wait.

I would think they would have to follow the rules of the gender they identify with. Where this will get really tricky is fitness standards, now all of a sudden a guys fitness test gets a lot easier

The issue is how it affects a long line of other things. Since they will now be able to wear female uniforms, how does this affect straight men not being able to wear earrings on base while not in uniform? How does this affect hair grooming standards for straight men? If a man who thinks he is a woman is allowed to have long hair, what about straight men who would like to wear a beard? What about a woman who identifies as a man? Will she be held to the same PT standards as a man?

The list goes on and on. It may sound trivial, but all of those things will have to be addressed.
I would think that they would have to define their sexuality in one way or the other.....no bouncing back and forth. If you identify as a man.....no earrings, keep the same grooming standards, still no beard (that's not just a cosmetic thing), and if you identify as a man, then you go by the PT standards as a man (which I still think there should only be one).

My guess is that even though we are cutting troop the military will be now stuck with paying for hormone treatments or even sex change operations.

I think they have had a directive from 2013 that those specific things would not be covered. I will agree that if they start going down the road, I will immediately be staunchly against it.

I would think that they would have to define their sexuality in one way or the other.....no bouncing back and forth. If you identify as a man.....no earrings, keep the same grooming standards, still no beard (that's not just a cosmetic thing), and if you identify as a man, then you go by the PT standards as a man (which I still think there should only be one).

So if a guy thinks he is a girl, then does he get to test using female standards?

If a guy can "identify" as a female for the PT test and tape, no more fat boy programs.

Shouldn't have the fat boy program anyway lol. Once you go over your measurable, then Bye.

If they would do it right and have the same PT standards for everyone, it would be one less thing to worry about.

Shouldn't have the fat boy program anyway lol. Once you go over your measurable, then Bye.

If they would do it right and have the same PT standards for everyone, it would be one less thing to worry about.

I agree, 1 PT test and it shouldn't be easy.

VN Store

Back