Scientology Seeks Captive Converts Via Google Maps, Drug Rehab Centers

I still can't believe a cult founded by a mentally ill science fiction writer was able to get recognized as a religion. They pay no taxes and brainwash, fleece, and destroy people.

Reactions: 5 people
Mormonism was founded by a womanizing treasure hunter and is now as mainstream as it gets. Give it a hundred years or so and Scientology will be just the same.

When it comes to relying on faith and wanting to believe something at the expense of evidence and rational thought, this is what you get.

Reactions: 7 people
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything in there about "captive" converts. Though the fraud is evident.

Reactions: 1 person
Mormonism was founded by a womanizing treasure hunter and is now as mainstream as it gets. Give it a hundred years or so and Scientology will be just the same.

When it comes to relying on faith and wanting to believe something at the expense of evidence and rational thought, this is what you get.

:popcorn:

Reactions: 3 people

What's wrong with that?

Give it 100 years and they will both be near extinction. The internet will prove to be the end of new religions. Old religions are safeguarded by the fact that few things from 2,000 years ago are verifiable.

What's wrong with that?

Give it 100 years and they will both be near extinction. The internet will prove to be the end of new religions. Old religions are safeguarded by the fact that few things from 2,000 years ago are verifiable.

It would be very easy to verify that nobody can live 40 days and 40 nights in the belly of a f---ing whale.

You're confusing Jonah with some other bible story.

In fact, many other biblical stories utilize the number 40. Is it literal or just a term used to describe a really long time.

I would think 3 days and nights inside a really big fish would also do the trick.

In fact, many other biblical stories utilize the number 40. Is it literal or just a term used to describe a really long time.

I would think 3 days and nights inside a really big fish would also do the trick.

I'm happy to agree with your first sentence & happy for you to believe your third.

You're confusing Jonah with some other bible story.

My bad. Nevertheless, 40 days and nights or 3 days and nights, the results would be the same.

P.S. Judaism, Christianity and Islam would be a lot better off if they had hired a few editors and fact checkers before publishing their scriptures.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I think I understand where you guys are coming from. You need evidence. Want some proof. It's in your nature to require something tangible. I respect that.
I also hope you can appreciate that it is easy for me to believe because I first believe in an all-powerful God who created the universe. Surely, a being that powerful could keep someone unharmed in a fish stomach for 3 days.

Reactions: 4 people

My family always believed 40 was not literal. It just meant "heaps", essentially.

I think I understand where you guys are coming from. You need evidence. Want some proof. It's in your nature to require something tangible. I respect that.
I also hope you can appreciate that it is easy for me to believe because I first believe in an all-powerful God who created the universe. Surely, a being that powerful could keep someone unharmed in a fish stomach for 3 days.

A whale is not a fish. It's an effing mammal. But that's neither here nor there as far as the issue at hand is concerned. So carry on, my good man. All of my best to you.

This may be the 1st religion themed thread that hasn't devolved to name calling and belittlement.

You disappoint me. Step up, fools.

:)

VN Store

Back