Mother guns down daughters

k-town_king

Texas mother who killed daughters called family meeting to start rampage, police say | Fox News

A case for removing guns from mentally ill people. She should have never had access to weapons. I also find it curious they actually gave her commands and time to drop the weapon before firing. They caught her in the process of shooting one of the kids and still gave her a chance to drop the weapon.

That's great. No doubt.

Say, how do we go about removing guns from the mentally ill? What describes the mentally ill for no gun ownership?

Reactions: 1 person
That's great. No doubt.

Say, how do we go about removing guns from the mentally ill? What describes the mentally ill for no gun ownership?

Registered democrats first. That should get 99% of the mentally ill. Other 1% is negligible IMO. IMO JMO TIFWIW WOTS AKA *69 OU812?

#poundsignisntahashtag

That's great. No doubt.

Anyone who has had cops called on them 14 times in two years and diagnosed with mental illness like she was would be a great start.

I have a ccw and own several rifles and handguns. I am generally against gun control. I think there are exceptions to that. I believe mental illness should be a cause to have your guns confiscated and your rights to them revoked. The same with domestic violence abusers and terrorism suspects.

Anyone who has had cops called on them 14 times in two years and diagnosed with mental illness like she was would be a great start.

I have a ccw and own several rifles and handguns. I am generally against gun control. I think there are exceptions to that. I believe mental illness should be a cause to have your guns confiscated and your rights to them revoked. The same with domestic violence abusers and terrorism suspects.

I'm not trying to be a Smartass, but it's something to think about regarding everyone. This case is absolutely disgusting.

Also, my iPhone capitalized Smartass. And again.

A little humorous to me.

Texas mother who killed daughters called family meeting to start rampage, police say | Fox News

A case for removing guns from mentally ill people. She should have never had access to weapons. I also find it curious they actually gave her commands and time to drop the weapon before firing. They caught her in the process of shooting one of the kids and still gave her a chance to drop the weapon.

The article doesn't say anything about a diagnosed mental issue.

Tragic

The article doesn't say anything about a diagnosed mental issue.

Tragic

I have read several articles about it and they say she has been diagnosed as mentally ill. The cops came to the house 14 times since 2014. She had 3 suicide attempts. I'll link some.

Texas Mom Had History of Mental Illness Before Killing 2 Daughters : People.com

Christy Sheats, who shot Madison Sheats and Taylor Sheats, had a 'history of mental illness' and had recently reconciled with husband Jason Sheats | Daily Mail Online

I have read several articles about it and they say she has been diagnosed as mentally ill. The cops came to the house 14 times since 2014. She had 3 suicide attempts. I'll link some.

Christy Sheats, who shot Madison Sheats and Taylor Sheats, had a 'history of mental illness' and had recently reconciled with husband Jason Sheats | Daily Mail Online

What access does the government need to determine if someone is unable to legally possess a firearm? Medical records? Cop calls? I can do that to my neighbor.

What do you want the gov to have access to? What limits?

I'm not trying to be a Smartass, but it's something to think about regarding everyone. This case is absolutely disgusting.

Also, my iPhone capitalized Smartass. And again.

A little humorous to me.

I didn't take it that way.

I don't believe everyone on anti depressants should be banned or anything. She was obviously unstable though. There should be some conditions that cancel your gun rights.

What access does the government need to determine if someone is unable to legally possess a firearm? Medical records? Cop calls? I can do that to my neighbor.

What do you want the gov to have access to? What limits?

I think doctors should be required to call the cops in certain cases. Then there can be some type of review or hearing. Then the cops can do a search and confiscate any guns they need to. Not perfect. Better than people we know for sure are ill having their hands on guns.

I think doctors should be required to call the cops in certain cases. Then there can be some type of review or hearing. Then the cops can do a search and confiscate any guns they need to. Not perfect. Better than people we know for sure are ill having their hands on guns.

That's a slippery slope and open to interpretation.

Now I definitely agree that guns should be held out of the hands of certain people. My hang up comes with the determination. So much can be taken too far. It's just a sticky situation.

None of those articles state she was diagnosed by any doctor or medical professional. They all say they came to the house because she was having "mental issues." Even if we took people's 2A rights away for having a mental disease this tragic event would have still happened.

None of those articles state she was diagnosed by any doctor or medical professional. They all say they came to the house because she was having "mental issues." Even if we took people's 2A rights away for having a mental disease this tragic event would have still happened.

The cops said she had a history of mental illness. They aren't going to quote her doctors and give her full medical history.

The cops said she had a history of mental illness. They aren't going to quote her doctors and give her full medical history.

No the cops said, in all three stories you cited, that they had been called to the home several times for "mental crises." That does not in anyway mean she has been diagnosed with any disease. People have mental and emotional breakdowns. Clearly she has a mental issue don't get me wrong. I am simply pointing out that the type of 2A restrictions you are calling for aren't as easy as some think.

Reactions: 2 people
Pro Tip: ALL Females are on mood stabilizing drugs. Oh wait? You're wife/girlfriend/partner isn't? Think again. She is.

Reactions: 2 people

A black man would never get the same courtesy.

But a white woman... not surprising.

Is that racist?

Its much easier to get a gun illegally. I guess you forgot that little fact.

A black man would never get the same courtesy.

But a white woman... not surprising.

Is that racist?

Weren't you just in the protect and serve thread *****ing about police not immediately using deadly force? Oh, here it is...

Now if we can just engage humans without using lethal force, this would be a better country.

Yet here you are *****ing and moaning when the department releases a statement that indicates they gave orders to drop weapons before firing.

We have no idea how this played out. The officers could have yelled to drop the weapon as they were stepping out of the car and taking aim. They may have fired as soon as they declared their presence. You act like they gave a two-minute warning. This is a disgusting situation where two girls' lives ended needlessly at the hands of a sick human being, and yet you try to exploit this as an example of police racism.

Weren't you just in the protect and serve thread *****ing about police not immediately using deadly force? Oh, here it is...

Yet here you are *****ing and moaning when the department releases a statement that indicates they gave orders to drop weapons before firing.

We have no idea how this played out. The officers could have yelled to drop the weapon as they were stepping out of the car and taking aim. They may have fired as soon as they declared their presence. You act like they gave a two-minute warning. This is a disgusting situation where two girls' lives ended needlessly at the hands of a sick human being, and yet you try to exploit this as an example of police racism. As a father of a beautiful daughter who can't fathom how someone could kill their own children, all I can say to you is go **** yourself.

Relax... you read way too much into that. I wish everyone black or white were given that courtesy.

However, if I felt the way you are suggesting, I wouldn't have a problem saying that, either.

Mother drowns children in bath | Daily Mail Online

Crazy gonna crazy..... This is a case for removing bathtubs from mentally I'll people

VN Store

Back