50 dead, 40+ wounded in nightclub attack in Florida

Grand Vol

Official VN Armorer
Lab Rat
Police say 'around 20' killed in shooting at Orlando nightclub, more than 40 taken to local hospitals | Fox News

Pulse gay club: Suspect in mass shooting dead, police say - CNN.com

Authorities in Florida said at a news conference Sunday morning that “as many as 20 people died” in a shooting at an Orlando nightclub. The gunman was killed.

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said at least 42 people have been transported to area hospitals.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement said officials are investigating the shooting as an “act of terrorism,” but it was unclear whether it was domestic or international terrorism, or if the shooter was a lone wolf.

Mina said officers were called to Pulse Orlando, a popular gay nightclub, at around 2 a.m. after reports of a shooting. He said officers were engaged in a gun battle outside the club before the suspect went back into the building where more shots were fired. He said the gunman then took several hostages.

About three hours later, Mina said officials made the decision to rescue the hostages in the club. He said SWAT officers exchanged fire with the gunman and killed him.

Prayers out to the wounded and the families of those affected.

Reactions: 3 people
Crazy.

FBI invetigating as terrorist act.

Last edited:
Thoughts and prayers to all of those folks and their families....

Given the type of target, I couldn't see why they wouldn't.

Absolutely.

Reported as a lone shooter. Had two groups of hostages?

A witness being interviewed said "they" twice.

"Lone", we'll see.

Fog of war, I guess.

Reactions: 8 people
Flashbang from the police is what it sounds like.

Remember, you're dealing with the media who has no clue about such things.

Ok. That's what confused me. It's been stated that the shooter had on a "vest" and the police did use a explosion to distract the shooter.

So wasn't sure if which one it was.

Ok. That's what confused me. It's been stated that the shooter had on a "vest" and the police did use a explosion to distract the shooter.

So wasn't sure if which one it was.

A lot of people in there were wearing "vests" I am sure.

Reactions: 1 person
They are hoping it's an old Trump supporting NRA member with a chew in his mouth homophobic white guy.

If its a non muslim American I'll be shocked to be honest. Outside of a few black coworkers who couldn't shoot a gun accurately to save their lives I've never known anyone who hated gay people enough to go on a killing rampage. This just reeks of some religious hate fueled psycho crap.

Like the girl singer who got killed yesterday, these people weren't hurting anyone. A lot of liberals are going to have reality knocking on their door when they see the news today.

Reactions: 2 people
Who wants to be this guy was on the fbi's radar?

I wouldnt be shocked if he wasn't too be honest. It's not like our monitoring of records and people has really stopped anything. I'm sure he'll be linked to someone on the list, but I'm not so sure he will be on it.

Suspect in Orlando shooting is US citizen from Florida, parents are from Afghanistan.

Reported that he was on the FBI radar for making previous threats. He also claimed to have Islamic ties.

Newt is saying "Islamic Supremists". First time hearing that phrase.

Armed with a rifle,pistol, and explosive device. The attack was organized and planned.

VN Store

Back