Aviation

SpaceCoastVol

Jacked up on moonshine and testosterone
Somebody suggested a thread where I (and hopefully 79) can answer some of your questions. I'll try to do that, but sometimes I have to be careful with this. Just so ya know.

Here's a video - it's a commercial - but it gives you a good idea of what it is like over the North Atlantic on a daily basis. Enjoy.

https://vimeo.com/99250238

Reactions: 4 people
I've probably missed this, but do you fly commercial airlines?

And, I've never flown, and freaked out at the thought. Ever had any passengers really lose it on a flight?

*thats if you fly those type of planes.

Somebody suggested a thread where I (and hopefully 79) can answer some of your questions. I'll try to do that, but sometimes I have to be careful with this. Just so ya know.

Here's a video - it's a commercial - but it gives you a good idea of what it is like over the North Atlantic on a daily basis. Enjoy.

https://vimeo.com/99250238

You ever seen a grown man naked?

Near hit? I've often wondered.

Three years ago my wife were in a Delta Airbus A330-300 from Atlanta to Honolulu. At 30,000 feet over eastern Arkansas heading west my wife and I were both looking out the window. We were on the right side of the plane in front of the wing. Just below us flying from southwest to northeast a Lear or Citation type private jet zipped by us. It obviously happened very quickly but had I been prepared I could have easily read the tail number. My guess, and it is only a guess it was about 500 feet below and 300 feet off the wing.

Does this sound too close?

Are you one of those jackholes that insist on arming up while in the cockpit?

If so, I lol at you.

If not, I applaud you.

Reactions: 2 people
Near hit? I've often wondered.

Three years ago my wife were in a Delta Airbus A330-300 from Atlanta to Honolulu. At 30,000 feet over eastern Arkansas heading west my wife and I were both looking out the window. We were on the right side of the plane in front of the wing. Just below us flying from southwest to northeast a Lear or Citation type private jet zipped by us. It obviously happened very quickly but had I been prepared I could have easily read the tail number. My guess, and it is only a guess it was about 500 feet below and 300 feet off the wing.

Does this sound too close?
Vertically the closest you will be is 1000' Horizontally over the Atlantic is 30 miles but that is going to 15 miles in the not too distant future. Domestic airspace is a little different in terms of horizontal, and maybe 79 will address that, but 1000' vertically is the norm.

Are pilots trained on giving the flight details to the passengers? Everyone does it the same way and it seems like you all have the same voice.

Are pilots trained on giving the flight details to the passengers? Everyone does it the same way and it seems like you all have the same voice.

That really is true.... right down to the nonchalant attitude when they start giving you numbers like altitude, ETA, temp, wind etc. It has to just be a pilot thing.

VN Store

Back