Some cool photos, with some political context

lawgator1

Found these in an article on CNN, of recently released photos. Thought I'd share, for general merriment and discussion, political or otherwise.

This lady got arrested in 1907 for wearing this to the beach. Indecent exposure.

01.jpg

15kt underwater nuclear explosion:

02.jpg

John Lennon's glasses, after he was assassinated.

05-1.jpg

MLK removing a burned cross from his lawn in 1960

06.jpg

1989 photo of a father comforting his son, dying of AIDS.

11.jpg

Boston Marathon organizers trying to stop the first woman from running in the race, in 1967.

19.jpg

last public execution in the US, in Kentucky, 1936.

21.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Those are interesting. It's crazy to think a woman never ran the Boston Marathon till 1967

afterwards, boston athletic association director will cloney was asked his opinion of switzer competing in the race. Cloney said, "women can't run in the marathon because the rules forbid it. Unless we have rules, society will be in chaos. I don't make the rules, but i try to carry them out. We have no space in the marathon for any unauthorized person, even a man. If that girl were my daughter, i would spank her."

lol

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Attachments

• trump.jpg
    trump.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 2 people
The crowd for that public execution is freaking huge. Would be interesting if they still took place today.

The crowd for that public execution is freaking huge. Would be interesting if they still took place today.

I know that's crazy and was only 80 years ago. I know in some countries when someone is stoned to death they have good size crowds come out to watch

The good old days.

Except the cross. That was just a rude thing to do to a mans front lawn.

Found these in an article on CNN, of recently released photos. Thought I'd share, for general merriment and discussion, political or otherwise.

This lady got arrested in 1907 for wearing this to the beach. Indecent exposure.

01.jpg

She looks like she has a great personality! Would take to a Sizzler.

Executions should be public and/or or televised. Since they are doing it in the name of the state that I am a part of I should be allowed to see it. (even though I really don't want to)

Reactions: 2 people
Executions should be public and/or or televised. Since they are doing it in the name of the state that I am a part of I should be allowed to see it. (even though I really don't want to)

Dang, something else we agree on.

Thanks for sharing,LG.

The Aids pt pic is reminding me how that disease frightened everyone. People afraid of giving blood, using public toilets, etc. Then, magic made his announcement. At the time, I thought it a death sentence. But medical science has been remarkable in fighting it

I used to think that as well. Then I went to a bull fight in Spain..while not executing a human it was still horrifying..and I don't like animals unless I am eating them.

I don't think public executions would do much. They do it all the time in the middle east and it doesn't stop those morons from going crazy.

VN Store

Back