Ken Starr Fired from Baylor for Failure to Pursue Sexual Assault Allegations

MT LeConte

How ironic. The man who dogged Bill Clinton for years for sexual improprieties being fired for failing to do the same regarding allegations against some football players at Baylor University.

This could have been posted in the Around The NCAA Forum but it is somewhat political I guess.

Ken Starr: Baylor fires president amid rape scandal

I don't believe any significant changes at Baylor will occur until Briles gets the axe.

How ironic. The man who dogged Bill Clinton for years for sexual improprieties being fired for failing to do the same regarding allegations against some football players at Baylor University.

This could have been posted in the Around The NCAA Forum but it is somewhat political I guess.

Ken Starr: Baylor fires president amid rape scandal
A great take except Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice, not sexual improprieties.

Gotta admit..I would take that lying POS miscreant over what we have today.

I mentioned to someone just yesterday that not long ago Democrats still understood national/border security and rule of law.
Even though they were really bad at it.

And they didn't have he-shes polishing their cigar before lighting up.
Well, Hoover maybe (though not a democrat)

Last edited:
Take him over everyone we've had since him. Even though I believe he should have been removed from office
Didn't vote for him in '16 but I'd have Trump again before Clinton. We needed - need - a person who returns leftist nut-kicks. Clinton wouldn't have had the stomach for it in today's DNC. I can't imagine a Church Committee today.
An argument can be made whether a special prosecutor's job should have taken Starr into the Lewinsky realm, but not that the perjury and obstruction committed by Clinton should have resulted in acquittal.

Last edited:
Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Didn't vote for him in '16 but I'd have Trump again before Clinton. We needed - need - a person who returns leftist nut-kicks. Clinton wouldn't have had the stomach for it in today's DNC. I can't imagine a Church Committee today.
An argument can be made whether a special prosecutor's job should have taken Starr into the Lewinsky realm, but not that the perjury and obstruction committed by Clinton should have resulted in acquittal.

What was he supposed to do when Linda Tripp presented him with recordings of Monica Lewinsky admitting the POTUS had committed a crime? Starr gets unfairly demonized for that, IMO. If the left wants to demonize someone. demonize Tripp. She's the one who secretly recorded her "best friend" admitting she had an affair with the POTUS, proving he had committed perjury by lying under oath in a civil trial. The proof was plain for everyone to see. No obfuscating by the FBI, or the GOP for that matter. Hell, because of those tapes, Clinton had to admit that he lied. And he still got off (poor choice of words?) with a slap on the wrist. Proof that not everyone is held to the same standards by the law.

Reactions: NCFisher
What was he supposed to do when Linda Tripp presented him with recordings of Monica Lewinsky admitting the POTUS had committed a crime? Starr gets unfairly demonized for that, IMO. If the left wants to demonize someone. demonize Tripp. She's the one who secretly recorded her "best friend" admitting she had an affair with the POTUS, proving he had committed perjury by lying under oath in a civil trial. The proof was plain for everyone to see. No obfuscating by the FBI, or the GOP for that matter. Hell, because of those tapes, Clinton had to admit that he lied. And he still got off (poor choice of words?) with a slap on the wrist. Proof that not everyone is held to the same standards by the law.

I agree, and worded it so as not to demonize Starr, but rather mention the debate regarding the free-ranging powers of special/independent prosecutors (and now special counsels). Starr could not ignore evidence that Clinton perjured and obstructed.

VN Store

Back