West Point Selfie

VolnJC

Lots of outrage over this photo...does this bother any of you vets or is it just a sign of the times?

west_point_c0-0-640-373_s885x516.jpg

West Point cadet using cellphone during graduation march sparks backlash - Washington Times

Smh ring knocking cadets. This is why people give most officers so much crap. If this was Basic or heck even permanent party, the enlisted Soldier would be dealt with.

Reactions: 4 people
Un frickin beleeevable!

Not officer material IMHO.
Who's gonna respect THAT as a superior giving orders.

I wrote the commandant of Westpoint. I do not expect a response, and if it IS staged by the cadets, it is in extremely bad taste so it has the same effect. As a former Navy officer I am disgusted. It is not a 'sign of the times' In the military the only 'sign of the times' is war fighting tactics. This is pure trash.

/rant

Reactions: 2 people
Yank her ass out of formation, make her do a hundred.

Make her repeat the customs and courtesies class. As well as drill and ceremonies. And certainly have an in depth chat about military discipline.

"Sorry, you ain't graduating today until you can show you have the maturity and responsibility to serve as a leader."

Reactions: 1 person
Definitely not ok.

It ticks me off to see Navy and AF personnel walking around in uniform talking on their cell phones when not in formation. The Army may not get a lot of things right, but it's an unprofessional look to do it.

With my job I'm sometimes running through the building on our work cell phone to make things work and my whole body is screaming at me that I can't talk and walk at the same time. But then my brain overrides it and convinces me that making sure a General/Admiral/Commodore/etc's connection issues outweighs walking and using a phone.

Outrage? Not really. Dumbfounded? Yes. Like I seriously have to question the leadership at
West Point if this is something a cadet even remotely thought they could get away with. We didn't carry cell phones when I was in training (late 90's) but I liken this to marching in formation and lighting up a cigarette..its not only stupid but shows a gross lack of discipline.

I still rarely ever put my hands in my pockets except to get something out.

I still rarely ever put my hands in my pockets except to get something out.

I still find myself carrying thing in my left hand to keep my right one free. I gotta put a stop that :salute:

I still check my gig line when wearing a button down shirt. And hardly ever use an umbrella.

Me the same. I tell my boys to fix their gig line. People around me think I'm crazy for them knowing what that is.

VN Store

Back