Terry McAuliffe Under FBI Investigation

VolnJC

Another Clinton friend under investigation..also sitting Virginia gov. and former head of DNC

Among the McAuliffe donations that drew the interest of the investigators was $120,000 from a Chinese businessman, Wang Wenliang, through his U.S. businesses. Wang was previously delegate to China's National People's Congress, the country's ceremonial legislature.

"Neither the Governor nor his former campaign has knowledge of this matter, but as reported, contributions to the campaign from Mr. Wang were completely lawful,"

Wang also has been a donor to the Clinton foundation, pledging $2 million. He also has been a prolific donor to other causes, including to New York University, Harvard and environmental issues in Florida.

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe under federal investigation for campaign contributions - CNNPolitics.com

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'll ignore party lines on this one..wouldnt it be nice to have some honest people running our country? I know its just a fairy tale and the few that mean well get trampled by the corrupt pretty fast..but a guy can dream gnawmean?

Reactions: 3 people
Didn't the former gov of Virginia just go to jail. Is that state trying to catch Illinois or something?

Reactions: 1 person
McAuliffe has always been a sleaze. I recall a time he was on a Sunday show (he was DNC and the Ed guy was the RNC chair). While they were debating and issue, McAuliffe was sneaking a peak at the RNC guy's notes. Just couldn't help himself.

Reactions: 2 people

He is a Chinese businessman. It is illegal to get contributions from such. However, if he is a US citizen, it's fine. He claims to be a US citizen. If it turns out he isn't, then I suppose that would be the issue. If it's that he exceeded the maximum allowable donation, I wouldn't think that is a federal issue, but rather would be a state issue.

Reactions: 1 person
FBI Arrests Chinese Millionaire Once Tied to Clinton $$ Scandal - ABC News

The complaint says Ng brought a suitcase full of $400,000 in cash to the United States on June 13 and later that day brought the suitcase to a meeting with “Business Associate-1” in Queens, New York.

Ng was identified in a 1998 Senate report as the source of hundreds of thousands of dollars illegally funneled through an Arkansas restaurant owner, Charlie Trie, to the Democratic National Committee during the Clinton administration.

“Trie’s contributions purchased access for himself and Ng to the highest levels of our government,” the Senate report said.

VN Store

Back