Latest NDAA - Expanding Draft to Women

One of the difficulties that libertarians have, despite trying to prove to the masses how the guy with a billion dollars unleashed is in their best interest, is how we're not a bunch of pack animals.

Thus far, they've convinced me of neither.

Which is to say, if it's given you the rewards, you had best serve it. The nation is bigger than you and your idiosyncratic notion of survival.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Reactions: 6 people
One of the difficulties that libertarians have, despite trying to prove to the masses how the guy with a billion dollars unleashed is in their best interest, is how we're not a bunch of pack animals.

Thus far, they've convinced me of neither.

Which is to say, if it's given you the rewards, you had best serve it. The nation is bigger than you and your idiosyncratic notion of survival.

That's great. It should be all based on voluntary action. There is nothing virtuous about force. Forcing people to serve the state is the opposite of what America is supposed to stand for. Contribute to your community however you see fit. They are already taking my money from me. I got to give them my freedom too?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
That's great. It should be all based on voluntary action. There is nothing virtuous about force. Forcing people to serve the state is the opposite of what America is supposed to stand for. Contribute to your community however you seem fit. They are already taking my money from me. I got to give them my freedom too?

If the rest of us willing to die allows you to have your false sense of paradise, yes.

Reactions: 6 people
I'm cool with team players, willing to do what it takes for the group to survive and thrive, not individualistic utopianists.

Another words you are in favor of the lower class fighting and dying for the upper class. Our shores haven't been threatened since the early 1940's.

Trust me, when our homelands are threatened by a foreign invader a draft will not be required.

Reactions: 2 people
Another words you are in favor of the lower class fighting and dying for the upper class. Our shores haven't been threatened since the early 1940's.

Trust me, when our homelands are threatened by a foreign invader a draft will not be required.

Rich kids weren't excluded from the draft prior to the early 60s. Guess who was making those decisions?

We should require full participation in the Selective Service men, women and even those with physical handicaps, no deferments whatsoever. For those not physically capable we can find other uses for them.

Exactly! I posted a link to a documentary on this very thing in Vietnam, today...

Things don't change much...

https://vimeo.com/17634407

Worth the watch....about 30 minutes...

Rich kids weren't excluded from the draft prior to the early 60s. Guess who was making those decisions?

We should require full participation in the Selective Service men, women and even those with physical handicaps, no deferments whatsoever. For those not physically capable we can find other uses for them.

What's wrong with individual's deciding for themselves. If it's a war worth fighting the volunteers will be there.

Lol, no. Fighting off a foreign threat will be considered intolerant and the bigots will be jailed before they'd be able to fight.

However, the only way we'd be truly threatened is if leadership allows it (getting close) or when the current, worthless generation takes power.

I don't disagree with you. One of the most difficult things in government is proving to the people why the empire is worth their time, especially their sons and maybe even their daughters. We've done a very poor job of proving how it's worth their time and sacrifice, and we've also done a very poor job of maintaining the empire.

VN Store

Back