Rodrigo Duterte: Potential terrorist/enemy of freedom

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
I will be watching how the media portrays this guy.

I'm really curious why this guy is all of a sudden at the top of the pages of Google's search terms and the center of major mainstream news outlets. The Philippines are not a major country in the grand scheme of things.

Philippines election: Rodrigo Duterte rivals warn election is choice between democracy and dictatorship - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Southeast-Asia-Reference-Map-CIA-World-Factbook.jpg

remember all that talk of the trade going through the south china sea, yeah. it is one of the busiest shipping channels in the world (i think for a time it was). right now the Philippines are only a footnote because of the long standing peace we have ushered in. If China is willing to build islands out of nothing in the area it seems any actual land in that area has some pretty extreme value to someone.

we have a skewed view of what areas are important in the world today because we don't fight over them like we used to. Thanks America. as much as Prof drones on about geography being a key indicator in how things will shape up he does have a point.

If nothing else look at Risk. Every game has someone start with Australia and the Philippines are part of Indonesia. boom.

I will be watching how the media portrays this guy.

I'm really curious why this guy is all of a sudden at the top of the pages of Google's search terms and the center of major mainstream news outlets. The Philippines are not a major country in the grand scheme of things.

Philippines election: Rodrigo Duterte rivals warn election is choice between democracy and dictatorship - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Be sure to update us with YouTube videos and Russian times articles

Reactions: 2 people
Looks like this thread got nuked.

edit: nvm, we just have two threads about the same thing. lul.

They are a major emerging market.

Major shipping lanes go through them still.

So he's a terrorist. How should we deal with him?
weirdlook.gif

There is no blanket way to handle every problem. We could pull a Putin and just poison his tea, shoot him on a bridge, or arrest him for his music though.

Also he is a terroist to his own people not to us. So quite frankly I don't give a **** about him.

I knew a Filipino girl once. Made me want to be an expert in international relations.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back