What, no thread about Obama facing down the Russians?

lawgator1

I'm shocked, I tell you shocked, that no one is talking about how we sent in two F-22s to Romania, near the Black Sea.

Mihail Kogalniceanu Airport, Romania (CNN)Two of the world's most advanced warplanes have touched down in Romania for the first time, near the shores of the Black Sea and just a short hop from Ukraine, the Crimean Peninsula and Russia.

The United States sent the F-22 Raptors to southeastern Europe two weeks after Russian fighter jets buzzed an American warship in the Baltic Sea.

Officially it was for a NATO training exercise, part of the Rapid Response program showcasing how effectively and quickly U.S. fighter jets, crews and support can be moved to a forward operating base.

But it was also a show of strength for NATO allies on the Black Sea, where Russia is rapidly building up its military hardware.

The F-22s are known for speed and stealth -- able to travel at twice the speed of sound and hard to spot on radar.

The planes landed at Mihail Kogalniceanu Airport near the Romanian city of Constanta. The transfer from RAF Lakenheath in Eastern England is strategically significant for NATO and its allies, because Constanta is on the Black Sea, close to the Ukrainian border, Crimea and Sevastopol, the home of Russia's Black Sea fleet.

U.S. sends F-22 warplanes to Romania - CNN.com

Reactions: 3 people
Did you miss this little part?

The F-22s flew back to Britain a few hours after touchdown to head out to another NATO ally on Wednesday, as the U.S. seeks to offer more reassurance of their presence.

Reactions: 5 people
Did you miss this little part?

They overflew our ships for a couple of minutes.

How long did they need to be there in Romania? 13 days, 6 hours, 14 minutes? You don't think the Russians knew they were there? Come on, you are better than that.

Oh, and he sent two.

Two...

How many overflew our ship?

And how many did he need to send? Seven? 37? 1,945,612?

Please. Message was sent.

How long did they need to be there in Romania? 13 days, 6 hours, 14 minutes? You don't think the Russians knew they were there? Come on, you are better than that.

So basically two fighters came in, refueled and headed on their way.

Two.

Please. Message was sent.

Coming from your obvious lack of experience and having zero clue, two fighters, even advanced F-22s, is what we would call a "token" response.

If he really wanted to send a message, he would have landed a B-1B or a B-2 and had it there for exercises with the Romanians for several days. Have some flights into international airspace close to the Russians.

Yeah, he sent a "message." And that message was "I don't care enough to send the best or something that actually projects power."

I don't expect better from you.

Reactions: 11 people
I'm shocked, I tell you shocked, that no one is talking about how we sent in two F-22s to Romania, near the Black Sea.

U.S. sends F-22 warplanes to Romania - CNN.com

Omg!!! Obama "sent" two planes near Russia! Man that will show them! I bet Russia wished they had done that instead of buzzing our ships or violating various sovereign airspace! I bet Putin just collapsed like a wet bag of democrats...

49585906.jpg

All joking aside there was no thread created because there was no "facing down the Russians". Obama hasn't faced down anyone.

Reactions: 7 people

Please. Message was sent

Please. Yeah that "message" was sent...
free-bring-it-on-gif-845.gif

Then Putin's all like
b63fy.jpg

So basically two fighters came in, refueled and headed on their way.

Two.

Coming from your obvious lack of experience and having zero clue, two fighters, even advanced F-22s, is what we would call a "token" response.

If he really wanted to send a message, he would have landed a B-1B or a B-2 and had it there for exercises with the Romanians for several days. Have some flights into international airspace close to the Russians.

Yeah, he sent a "message." And that message was "I don't care enough to send the best or something that actually projects power."

I don't expect better from you.

According to article this is first time we've sent them that close to Russia. A "hop" to the Crimean.

And at their speed, that's a really short hop.

See, this is the kind of thing that distinguishes a sensible response to Russian aggression by an intelligent and thoughtful president, versus the clown the GOP is about to nominate.

Trump doesn't have a subtle bone in his body. He's a loud mouth braggart, with no sense of restraint. Can you imagine how he'd have reacted to the fly overs? In his words, "disastrous."

Reactions: 4 people
If you elect me I will be flying over myself in an f22 to challenge Putin to a drinking contest that will also contain a complex series of thumb and arm wrestling matches along with rock paper scissors and we'll trade punches to the jaw to find out who is tougher

Reactions: 6 people
According to article this is first time we've sent them that close to Russia. A "hop" to the Crimean.

See, this is the kind of thing that distinguishes a sensible response to Russian aggression by an intelligent and thoughtful president, versus the clown the GOP is about to nominate.

Trump doesn't have a subtle bone in his body. He's a loud mouth braggart, with no sense of restraint. Can you imagine how he'd have reacted to the fly overs? In his words, "disastrous."
$$$$

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    445.4 KB · Views: 246
Reactions: 1 person

Subtle and sensible response? Sorry but no.

It was a weak and laughable response to an action the Russians should have been scared to even contemplate. As usual this will simply embolden Putin to be more aggressive and will once again pimp slap our President.

Reactions: 6 people
LG thinks sending two F-22's to Romania only to be immediately returned is a show of force? Was Obama even involved?

Wtf is this even about?

Reactions: 4 people
Fartin must be challenged at every turn by the next President. Many including myself believe his ultimate aim is to break up NATO and the EU and eventually reestablish the old USSR.

If Donald becomes president and thinks he can make a friend of Putin he will be sadly mistaken.

Fartin must be challenged at every turn by the next President. Many including myself believe his ultimate aim is to break up NATO and the EU and eventually reestablish the old USSR.

If Donald becomes president and thinks he can make a friend of Putin he will be sadly mistaken.

I believe you are right. He sees weakness and is taking advantage of it.

Lulz at "facing down"

Putin's actions were a message to certain European nations about US resolve. The real question is did this move do anything to counter that.

If you elect me I will be flying over myself in an f22 to challenge Putin to a drinking contest that will also contain a complex series of thumb and arm wrestling matches along with rock paper scissors and we'll trade punches to the jaw to find out who is tougher

And I'll win, trust me. It'll be incredible. You won't believe it.

LG thought bringing enough money for two lunches so he could give the bully one was facing him down.

Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back