Austria's Freedom Party Wins 1st Round of Prez Elections

Seeing some early projections showing their candidate comes in first with 36-37% of the vote. Is the European push back finally happening?

Far-right 'comes top in Austria vote' - BBC News

Also saw where supporters of the AfD, Germany's new Nazi party that many analysts think will win some seats in German parliament in 2017, were out waving their Putin flags in the streets yesterday in protest of Obama's visit and the proposed American-EU trade agreement.

If you love war and violence, these are wonderful developments, all across Europe. EU politicians of course aren't helping matters with their unscrupulous immigration policies.

Also saw where supporters of the AfD, Germany's new Nazi party that many analysts think will win some seats in German parliament in 2017, were out waving their Putin flags in the streets yesterday in protest of Obama's visit and the proposed American-EU trade agreement.

If you love war and violence, these are wonderful developments, all across Europe. EU politicians of course aren't helping matters with their unscrupulous immigration policies.

You'll have to do better than that last paragraph, perfessor, it sucks. It really pulls vacuum.

Reactions: 1 person
War and violence?

In its post-medieval history, Europe has experienced a major war once every one to two decades, with the exception of the 71 years since the end of WWII, which has experienced no major war in Europe.

That's not an organic phenomenon; it is the direct result of American-influence and building a common concept of what it means to be "European." Both are now under intense scrutiny, ranging from violent reactionary skepticism in its worst case and questioning the coherence of European identity in its best.

If Europe fails, which it probably will, as I am a firm believer in the universal law of entropy, then I suspect that war is in its future. Europeans have never really liked one another. The last 70 years have been an illusion, but one that was worth perpetuating. It was a well-intentioned idealism that just happened to align with pragmatism, often a rare combination, but it most likely won't last another decade or two.

Reactions: 3 people
You'll have to do better than that last paragraph, perfessor, it sucks. It really pulls vacuum.

What sucks? Unscrupulous EU immigration and refugee policies, or the fact that a peaceful Europe is the illusion of the post-WWII security environment and is likely coming to an end?

Both suck, but I need further clarification to which in particular you are referring.

In its post-medieval history, Europe has experienced a major war once every one to two decades, with the exception of the 71 years since the end of WWII, which has experienced no major war in Europe.

That's not an organic phenomenon; it is the direct result of American-influence and building a common concept of what it means to be "European." Both are now under intense scrutiny, ranging from violent reactionary skepticism in its worst case and questioning the coherence of European identity in its best.

If Europe fails, which it probably will, as I am a firm believer in the universal law of entropy, then I suspect that war is in its future. Europeans have never really liked one another. The last 70 years have been an illusion, but one that was worth perpetuating. It was a well-intentioned idealism that just happened to align with pragmatism, often a rare combination, but it most likely won't last another decade or two.

I think it has to do with their wealth more than anything. When you have it good, war is undesirable. Most of west Europe has it really good.

Just not sure why you think these events, specifically the freedom party, means certain war.

I think it has to do with their wealth more than anything. When you have it good, war is undesirable. Most of west Europe has it really good.

Just not sure why you think these events, specifically the freedom party, means certain war.

No doubt that a large middle-class makes the imperial wars of wealthy nations from the past less desirable. There is more accountability, certainly.

Humans are not always rational actors, however, and there are numerous ethnic and historical tensions between European nations that have largely lied dormant since the end of World War II. Should Europe fall, and along with it, the idea of Europe, then there is nothing I see in place that will prevent persecution of minorities, less integrated markets, and higher tensions between states.

Yes, you are right: war is not imminent with such developments, but it is far more likely. I never underestimate people: at some point something will happen that they consider bad enough to war about. The EU, as failed as it has been and perhaps as now dated as it is, was at least one security measure in place to stave off the inevitability of this fact.

Sometimes I'm convinced we are reliving the waning days of the Roman Empire. These kinds of developments only fuel that belief.

Reactions: 3 people
Lol at the Russophobia everywhere!

The Nazi Russians! They're under the bed....they're in the closet!

It's no secret that a stable Europe is not in Russia's best interest right now, because it not only serves America's interests but also creates a unified bloc against Russia. The Kremlin and its related financial institutions regularly fund Euroskeptic right wing parties:

Putin?s far-right ambition: Think-tank reveals how Russian President is wooing ? and funding ? populist parties across Europe to gain influence in the EU | Europe | News | The Independent

You can't look past the Kremlin being against Nazis in Ukraine, so you think the Kremlin is intractably against all far right extremists. What you fail to understand, however, is that Nazis in Ukraine don't serve the Kremlin's interests, largely because they're ultranationalists that resent Russia's overbearing history in Ukraine. Nazi-sympathizers elsewhere don't have quite that history with Russia, and they often serve the Kremlin's interests quite well, as they are anti-EU and anti-American.

I don't know why you have such difficulty understanding this. Must be more of your self-loathing complex, where you think everything is always our fault and are trying to overcompensate.

Last edited:
Skeptical that they will win the runoff. In France's local elections FN saw similar results and then was crushed in the second round.

Skeptical that they will win the runoff. In France's local elections FN saw similar results and then was crushed in the second round.

Yes, that's right. And then France's John Kasich made his move.

It's no secret that a stable Europe is not in Russia's best interest right now, because it not only serves America's interests but also creates a unified bloc against Russia. The Kremlin and its related financial institutions regularly fund Euroskeptic right wing parties:

Putin?s far-right ambition: Think-tank reveals how Russian President is wooing ? and funding ? populist parties across Europe to gain influence in the EU | Europe | News | The Independent

You can't look past the Kremlin being against Nazis in Ukraine, so you think the Kremlin is intractably against all far right extremists. What you fail to understand, however, is that Nazis in Ukraine don't serve the Kremlin's interests, largely because they're ultranationalists that resent Russia's overbearing history in Ukraine. Nazi-sympathizers elsewhere don't have quite that history with Russia, and they often serve the Kremlin's interests quite well, as they are anti-EU and anti-American.

I don't know why you have such difficulty understanding this. Must be more of your self-loathing complex, where you think everything is always our fault and are trying to overcompensate.

Russian FSB doing Putin's good work.
Putinism and the European Far Right - Institute of Modern Russia

Last edited:

VN Store

Back