Curt Schilling - not a future ESPN Courage award recipient

Speaking, bad choice depending on your views in this society. If only he made choices as brilliant as chopping his penis off and pretending to be a woman.

Reactions: 5 people
If it weren't for UT football I would never watch that garbage network.

I don't watch it outside of football. After letting Bomani Jones wear the Cleveland Caucasian shirt on a 3-4 hour broadcast without even addressing it, I was done for good.

Reactions: 2 people
Speaking, bad choice depending on your views in this society. If only he made choices as brilliant as chopping his penis off and pretending to be a woman.

It's a pretty bad choice if you are one that enjoys employment. What did he expect that particular network to do with his comments? Even if you agree with what he said, one should know better to make such comments when you know you will get fired over it. This isn't the first time he has had issues with crap he has said.

It's a pretty bad choice if you are one that enjoys employment. What did he expect that particular network to do with his comments? Even if you agree with what he said, one should know better to make such comments when you know you will get fired over it. This isn't the first time he has had issues with crap he has said.

Yes, he did not want to be their sheep. Salute.

Reactions: 1 person

Objectively, his video game company was a terrible idea, and so was voicing his opinion on this subject because it got him fired.

Outside of my issue here, it really is a bad network.

Because of their politics? ESPN has given us access to sports beyond anything I could dream when I was a kid. They got their own brand of BS, but to say it's a bad network is pretty silly.

Because of their politics? ESPN has given us access to sports beyond anything I could dream when I was a kid. They got their own brand of BS, but to say it's a bad network is pretty silly.

Outside of broadcasting actual games it is mostly terrible.

I dont think it's a terrible network but it certainly isn't that good. It has changed the sports landscape but I think it got too big for it's britches. Putting their two cents with non sport social issues won't be a positive return and nor has it.

I think ESPN has the worst sports reporting for a sports network. They are so in love with the NBA that even during the height of football season, there are endless reports about what cereal Lebron eats. And when I tune in to get the scores, I don't want them 5 at a time from all the different sports that are going on: Give me the ****ing football scores, and then move on to their beloved basketball. Or vice versa. i don't care, but don't dribble (no pun intended) them out there so that I have to watch their moronic talking heads for an hour. THAT has turned me away from ESPN. I don;t even bother with Sportscenter anymore. The interwebs kick their ass. With the rise of conference networks, they are bound to lose viewership. Like another poster said, if it weren't for the occasional coverage of the VOLS, I wouldn't ever watch it.

Only a bad idea if he needed the job.

Considering he lost a $75M company with a loan backed by Rhode Island taxpayers (hooray for false conservatism!), there is a good chance he needs the money.

If he liked the job, it's also a bad idea.

Schilling is an idiot.

Reactions: 4 people
I think ESPN has the worst sports reporting for a sports network. They are so in love with the NBA that even during the height of football season, there are endless reports about what cereal Lebron eats. And when I tune in to get the scores, I don't want them 5 at a time from all the different sports that are going on: Give me the ****ing football scores, and then move on to their beloved basketball. Or vice versa. i don't care, but don't dribble (no pun intended) them out there so that I have to watch their moronic talking heads for an hour. THAT has turned me away from ESPN. I don;t even bother with Sportscenter anymore. The interwebs kick their ass. With the rise of conference networks, they are bound to lose viewership. Like another poster said, if it weren't for the occasional coverage of the VOLS, I wouldn't ever watch it.

It's a 24 hour network with multiple channels. Of course they are going to have some stupid **** on the air. Change the channel.

Name one network you can watch around the clock and enjoy everything. You can't even say that about HBO.

I dont think it's a terrible network but it certainly isn't that good. It has changed the sports landscape but I think it got too big for it's britches. Putting their two cents with non sport social issues won't be a positive return and nor has it.

I bet you love when they pander to our patriotism. Why can't they be political in other areas?

It's a 24 hour network with multiple channels. Of course they are going to have some stupid **** on the air. Change the channel.

Name one network you can watch around the clock and enjoy everything. You can't even say that about HBO.
No argument. HBO sucks as well. As a matter of fact, none of the movie channels are in my packages. The closest I can come is CNBC, but even they have their mooments. For example, the boy idiot has been on for the last 30 minutes.

And I do change the channel. But we were discussing ESPN. Just offering an opinion.

VN Store

Back